Part 6

Betty's P.O.V

Jughead and I were about to kiss until someone knocked on the door. He groaned, got up, and opened the door. From here, I could tell that I was Sweet Pea.

J:What happened?

SP:They finally left, but someone left a note behind.

I couldn't see what the note said, but I could tell that it wasn't something good.

J:How long?

SP:We don't know yet but he wants to talk to you.

J:I'll think about it.

SP:Alright.

Sweet Pea left, soJughead closed the door. I was still confused on what was going on though.

B:What happened Jug?

J:The Ghoulies want to have a car race again.

B:When?

J:I don't know, but I know the reason why they are doing it.

B:Why?

J:They will want something if they win, and for sure they will want you.

B:Because of my father.

He nodded his head.

J: I'm not going to let it happen okay? He wants to talk to me, but for sure it's a no.

B:Don't you guys usually win?

J:That's the word, usually. If we do race they will do anything to win, since they know they will get you. I'm not risking that.

We stayed silent. I wasn't sure what to say, but I know that more serpents will get hurt because of me. I started to cry just thinking about it, and Jughead noticed.

J:Betty what's wrong?

I didn't respond and just went straight to the bedroom, and locked the door.

Jughead's P.O.V

Betty started to cry and I was confused. I was about to ask her, but she just got up, and went to the bedroom. I followed her,tried to open the door, but she had locked it.

J:Betty what's wrong?

*Silence*

J: You know you can tell me what's wrong right?

*Silence*

I knew that she wanted to have some time alone, and I let her.

J:I'll be downstairs if you need anything.

I walked away from the door, and then decided to head downstairs to the bar.

~2 hours later~

I've been working and talking to the serpents on what to do with the ghoulies. At this point, it isn't safe for Betty to leave the Wyrm. It is a risk.

I talked with my dad, and with her mom over the phone. They both agreed that it will be best for her to do online school at this moment.

I was working on some paper work for the Wyrm, when I heard a knock.

J: Come in!

I then saw Betty crying, and she had a scared look on her face.

Betty's P.O.V

I was calming myself and I finally did. I was reading for about an hour, and then I decided to do some school work.

All of a sudden, I started to hear noises and got scared. That is when I looked at the  window. They were ghoulies and I was afraid.

Tears were falling from my face, and I immediately ran out of the apartment. I asked Toni were Jughead was and she said he was in his office.

Before I went to Jughead, I told them that they were ghoulies in the apartment. A few of the serpents, along with Fp, immediately headed upstairs.

I then ran and knocked on Jughead's office. I heard him say come in, and I did. The moment he saw my state, he quickly stood up, and walked towards me.

J:Betty what's wrong?

B:I was upstairs and I started to hear noises.I- I looked at the window and they were ghoulies trying to break in. I told Toni and some of the serpents are up there already.

Jughead left and I followed him behind him. Once we were there, the serpents were holding 2 ghoulies. I was standing behind Jughead since I was scared.

J:Take then to the basement.

The serpents nodded and started to take them away. I then looked at Jughead and hugged him. He hugged me back, and I didn't want him to leave. I was scared.

J:Everything is alright Betty.

B:What happens if they come back? What if he sends more this way?

J:I'll make sure he doesn't Betty.

Fp:What are you going to do Jug?

J:I don't know yet, but for sure we are going to put protection on the windows. If this happened once, it will happen again.

Fp nodded and left. It was just Jughead and I now.I didn't want to let go off him....