Part 20

Betty's P.O.V

I woke up with the sun shinning through the curtains. I tried to move slowly since I am injured. I moved around but the bed was empty.

I opened my eyes and noticed that Jughead wasn't in the room. I careful got up, and began to walk when I heard people talking.

I reached the living room and I saw my mom, Fp, and Jughead all sat down talking. They all stopped talking and looked at where I was.

My mom got up and walked towards me. She gave me a hug which I return.

B: Good morning mom.

A: Morning sweetie. I'm glad your okay.

We pulled away and she then looked at my thigh.

A: Wish that monster I called a husband once was still in jail.

I sighed.

B: So do I mom.

We then walked over and I sat next to her.

Fp: So we were talking about the wedding, and we decided to move until next week.

B: Fp I'm fine, I promise.

Fp: Darling you have to recover. From what we know so far, we haven't heard anything from your father so it's safe.

J: Betty everything is going to be fine, I promise. Don't worry about it okay?

B: Okay.

Jughead's P.O.V

We said goodbye to our parents and we sat down.

B: Do you know if he's alive?

I shook my head.

J: We don't know anything yet.

We kept talking for a little bit more before we decided to eat breakfast.

I decided to head downstairs to my office, to work on changing the surprise trip I have for Betty. After everything, I hope she will like it. I told Veronica and Kevin ahead of time, so they could help pack her stuff. I was also ordering more stuff for the bar. After a while, I decided to stop working and headed out to check on how Betty was doing.

I was walking out from my office and was greeted by a few serpents as usual. I went up to Toni, who was doing her shift.

T: Hey Jones.

J: Hey Toni.

T: What's up?

J: I was wondering if you saw Betty by any chance?

T: She's sitting in a booth in at the end.

She pointed her finger where Betty was at.

J: Thanks.

I decided that I would bring her hot chocolate and a sandwich with fruit,  since she always brings me something  when I'm working. I grabbed the items and walked to Betty.

J: A sandwich and hot chocolate for m'lady.

Betty let out a giggle as I placed her food down.

B: Thanks Jug.

I sat down next to her, putting my arm around her. She picked up her sandwich, and took a bite out of it.

J: How is everything going Betty?

B: It's going well.

J: How's your leg doing?

She looked down at her thigh that was covered.

B: Doesn't hurt that much, since I haven't been moving around.

She laid her head on my shoulder, and I wrapped my other arm around her.

J: Everything alright Betty?

She sighed.

B: I've been thinking about something Jug.

J: And what is that Betty?

B: So many things have been happening, and I've been stressing out lately.I wanted to ask if I could start my therapy again?

Betty's P.O.V

I've been thinking about going to therapy again. I had stopped going to therapy about 2 months before everything happened with Jughead.
I was scared to tell Jughead since I was afraid he would judge me, or tell me that it's something dumb to do.
I was waiting for his respond, and I was beginning to worry. He then put his hands next to my face, and gave me a kiss.

J: Of course you can. Your mom told me you went to therapy before and if it's going to help you, then I will support you.

I looked into his eyes.

B: Really Jug?

J: Anything for you Betty.

I  gave him a smile and a kiss on his lips.

B: When can I begin Jug?

J: Right after the wedding, if that's okay?

I nodded my head.

B: That is fine with me.

I decided to end school for today and headed upstairs to the apartment.

I slowly got up. Next thing I knew, Jughead picked me up and twirled me around a little.

I kept giggling while he gave me a smile. He grabbed my backpack and put it on his back, before we headed upstairs. The serpents were staring at us and Jughead just kept looking at me, and looking around to not bump into something.

~

We were laying in bed and I was slowly drifting to sleep.

B: Jug?

J: Mhm?

B: Thanks for protecting me.

And before I heard what he said I drifted to sleep.

Jughead's P.O.V

J: I love you Betty Cooper, and I will protect you with all my heart...