Part 15

Betty's P.O.V

Jughead's wedding and I is going to be in 2 weeks, and I'm nervous. He's been busy this past few days due to getting everything ready.

I felt bad that I wasn't able to help since I can't leave Wyrm until after I'm married. I was reading a book downstairs when Jughead came in furious at the bar.

He then went into his office and slammed the door, which made me jump a little. A few seconds after, Fp came inside and I went up to talk to him.

B: Everything alright Fp?

Fp: Not at all.

B: What happened?

Fp: The ghoulies are insisting that we do a race.

I looked at him confused.

B: Why?

Fp sighed before he told me the next thing.

Fp: They want to because if they win, they can choose what they want as a reward and they will want you.

Jughead had told me before that the ghoulies are capable of such things. There had to be another way, right?

B: Is there a way to still do the race but for them not to choose me as their winner prize?

Fp: Sadly, we can't do that.

B: What happens if we get married before the race even happens?

He nodded his head.

Fp: That is a possibility actually, but will see, Jughead is still not letting the race happen.

I sighed.

B: It's been a while, I'll go see him, to make sure his alright.

Fp: Be careful.

Jughead's P.O.V

I didn't even want to think about it. Malachi is trying so damm hard to make this race happen, and I won't let him. I know he wants Betty and will do anything to be able to get her.

I calm down a bit and began working on some stuff for the wedding. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door.

J: Come in!

The door opened and it revealed Betty.

B: I brought Pop's for lunch.

She set the food down and came up to me. I pulled her so she could be sitting on my lap, which made her giggle a little.

She gave me a peck on the lips.

B: So your dad told me about what happened Jug.

I wasn't liking where this was going.

J: Look, I'm trying my best to not make it happen.

B: Well I asked your dad, but, what if we get married a week earlier?

I was confused.

B: Your dad said there might be a chance that you could still do the race, and if you end up loosing they can't take me since I'm married to you.

Now that I thought about it, it could happen.

J: But we already planned the dates.

B: We can ask to change it. I don't want you to be stressing about this Jug.

J. I'll see what happens alright?

She then nodded her head. Betty then grabbed the food and pass me mine, while she took hers out. I then took a bite out of my burger and moaned a little.

B: Why are you moaning? Sometimes I feel like your cheating on me with your burgers.

J: Don't worry beautiful, at least I can see you all day unlike my burgers.

B: What will I do without you Jug.

~A few hours later~

My dad talked with Alice about making the wedding a week earlier, and she was fine with it.

At this moment I was making a reservation for Betty and I to go to Hawaii and stay there for a week. This is going to be a surprise for her.

I was glad I didn't do it before, because then I would have to cancel the plans and that wouldn't be good.

Once I was done, I left my office. I  talked with a few serpents before going upstairs.

I entered the house and saw Betty sleeping on the couch while  a movie was playing on the screen.. I turned off the tv, and carried her to our room.