1. Introduction

When we're young we like to read about worlds where the super heroes and villains are real.  Where people with inhuman strength or speed saved the lives of the civilians.

Never did I thought that I would live in a world where those people would be real.
My name is Zoe Black and I have lived in cities where people were saved by vigilanties and humans with unthinkable powers. 

I closed and locked the door to my apartment and walked out of the building with a sigh. I looked around as I left the tall building. The sky was a clear blue and the sun shined bright on this day.

I went to Central City's Jitters, a small café in the town, and got myself a coffee before I got a text from Iris West saying that if I want to I could come to her house. After I left the Jitters I walked right to Wests house to meet with my best friend.

I met Joe on the porch and he smiled friendly down at me. He left the door open for me, as he was just leaving the house. "Hi, Joe." I smiled and the father of Iris stepped down the porch. "Would like to stay and talk but something happened at the CCPD. Probably..." "Let me guess, The Flash?" I asked and Joe just chuckled. "Have fun with Iris." He answered and then turned to walk to his car. I went inside and already saw Iris on the couch, watching TV.

When I closed the door Iris turned around and smiled brightly. "Where's Wally?" I asked, looking around as I went into the living room and Iris looked down at her hands before answering my question. "Um, he, um, is with Jesse, yeah." She said and I nodded, slowly. "Great." I mumbled, feeling that something was off. "Barry's at the lab, I think." Iris added quietly and I looked up to her. "How is he? Haven't seen him in a few weeks." I asked and Iris also looked up to me. "He's fine. Spends a lot time at S.T.A.R. Labs though." I nodded slowly and watched her carefully.

Before I could have answered, her phone ringed and she picked it up to look at it. "Do you mind if I-" "Oh, no, not at all." I smiled and grabbed the tv remote when she got up to leave the living room. I zapped through the channels and stopped when I saw the news about the red speedster. "What the-" I whispered as I saw and heard the reporter talking about how The Flash saved countless of lives this year.

Five minutes later I was still watching other news about The Flash. Iris sat down next to me and I immediately felt her eyes on me. "What happened with your obsession with him? Three years ago you were so interested in who he is and everything and then poof... I just don't get it." I said and then turned around to her after I shut the TV off. "I guess this obsession as you like to call it just faded with time." She said and I eyed her. "Huh..." I mumbled. Her phone ringed again and now she just picked it up to answer. "Yes? Wait, Cisco... What? But that's... Damn it!" She got up and hung up. "How about you come with me to S.T.A.R. Labs? There's something they'd like to ask you." I frowned and rose from the couch. "I told Cisco and Caitlin you were with me. That's okay, right?" I nodded. "Sure, yeah." I said and smiled at my best friend.

When we got to S.T.A.R. Labs Caitlin asked me to sit down and Iris and Cisco went to talk in private. Surprisingly, Barry was there too. Hadn't Iris said he was at the lab that was at the CCPD? "Zoe? What are you doing here?" Barry asked and I looked up to him. "I don't know, to be honest. Um, Iris told me that Cisco and Caitlin wanted to ask me something, I guess." I saw Caitlin coming back with something black in a vial in her hand. Cisco and Iris also came back and joined us. "Zoe, do you recognize this?" Caitlin said and held the vial infront of me. "Should I?" I asked. All of them had a confused look on their face. "Well, it, um... it was found on your clothes yesterday in Joe's house. You were there yesterday right?" Caitlin continued to ask and I nodded, confusion probably written all over my face.

"Yeah, I was there but I fainted and woke up with new clothes, so... Caitlin, what is all this?" I asked. "This, Zoe, seems to be part of your DNA. 4 years ago the particle accelerator exploded and no one thought that, to this day, you could be a meta-human..." Harry said as he entered the cortex of the building. "Wh- What?" I mumbled. "Harry!" Iris and Barry both said sharp. "No, this must be a mistake." I got up from the chair and immediately stumbled backwards. "I mean, this... this is insane. I can't be a-" That was the last thing that I could stutter before I passed out.