40. The daughter's return

Felicity, Oliver's son William, Oliver and I were sitting at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast when I noticed William's Flash backpack. "So, I take it from your little backpack there that you like the Flash?" I asked William and he looked up to me. "Yeah, sure... Is... Is it true that you work with him?" William asked and I smiled and shrugged. "Maybe." I whispered and looked over to Oliver and Felicity before I heard a sharp ringing in my ears.

"Impossible." I whispered and clutched my hands to my ears, trying to drown the noise out. I got up from the chair and sunk on my knees. I grunted and seconds later, Oliver, William and Felicity were around me. "William, go into your room." I grunted and my eyes unintentionally flashed as the ringing grew stronger. "Now, William." I said and looked up to the three. William got up and went into his room. "Hey, hey. What it is?" Oliver asked and I looked up to the couple. "Nora, maybe." I grunted before I squeezed my eyes shut.

"When she first came to Central City- it was the same ringing and tingling feeling throughout... my- my body as- as it is now." I grunted while speaking and slowly got on my feet with the help of Felicity. "I'll make it stop. I promise. But don't put it on." Storm said in my head and it was the first time in a long time I heard her voice. I grunted and breathed out heavily before I teleported myself to my purse on the couch where I sat down.

I shook my head slightly before I put on the device that shut Storm down. After a few minutes, the ringing grew quieter to the point I didn't hear it anymore and breathed out in relief. "What was that?" Oliver asked and he and Felicity joined me on the couch. I sighed and looked up. "Nora. She's back." I said sharp.

"I thought you sent her back, Barry? Why is her coming back causing Zoe to collapse?" Oliver asked Barry as we were all back in Central City in Star Labs. Thea previously had picked up William. I felt better now and had taken off the device thag kept Storm shut out. "I- I felt her using the speedforce to come back I have no idea why it would hurt Zoe now. Unless Nora let her out..." Barry whispered the last sentence and I frowned. "She wouldn't... I mean, she barely has control over that side of hers." I whispered.

"Guys, not everyone knows what you're talking about." Felicity said and I looked at Barry before I looked to the married couple. "And it's better that way, believe me. That's not your fight and I'm not gonna make it yours." I said before I stepped towards Oliver and Felicity.

Then I touched their arms and teleported us into their apartment. I let go of them and packed my stuff together and sighed when I put on my mask. "Be careful." Oliver said and I nodded before smiling. Then I put my arms around him and hugged him which he returned. "Thank you for the training." I whispered and after we parted, I was already in Felicity's arms. "Be wary and be fast. Okay?" She whispered in my ear and I nodded. "I put a chip in your suit, just so that I know that you'll be okay." She added in a low voice. "I gotta go." I said before I pulled myself away from her and she smiled at me before I grabbed my stuff and teleported back to Star Labs.

I saw Barry in his suit before I went to put mine on. "Hey, Zoe." Cisco asked as I entered the cortex and I nodded as I walked over to him. "Yeah?" I asked and he took my arm and put a bracelet with a small screen around my right arm. "It's to direct your powers toward an object or a person, to help you keep control." He said and I looked into his eyes. "Like your gloves and goggles?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah." He smiled and I hugged him. "Thank you, Cisco. For everything." I whispered and he returned the hug. "Of course. That's what friends are for." He said and then I typed into the keyboard to scan the city for Nora's speedforce traces and the psionic energy surrounding Nora. Luckily, we quickly got a hit and I hacked into the security cameras to see Nora bringing down an empty building. She wore her XS suit and mask, her hair was let down in waves on her shoulders and her eyes flashed silver.

I looked on the monitor to find out the location and teleported myself there with Barry following me using his speed, and Cisco and Caitlin used a breach. I turned to shut off the security cameras and then kept my eyes on my daughter. Suddenly, she was gone and I felt her stepping behind me so I used my powers to slow down time and dogded whatever she was ready to do. When I stopped slowing down time, Nora rolled forward on the ground only to get up again and to stand infront of team and I. "Nora, you don't want to do this." Barry said and she flashed her eyes once more.

"You... You left me in 2049. But before that you two put me into a prison, telling me that you could never trust me. I came here to get to know my parents and you deserted me." She said and her face changed. She didn't let her other side take over. She was just angry and sad. "Nora, it's gonna be okay again. I realize now that deserting you was a mistake. Not giving you the chance to hear what you actually wanted to say was wrong and I'm sorry about that. Nora... come... come home. Please. We love you, we always did. We always will. We're your family." I said and it was quiet after that. Nora's eyes wandered from me to Barry and I also looked at him. "Your mom's right. Come home." He whispered and Nora slowly took her mask off and walked towards us. Barry and I embraced her in a hug and I sighed as I closed my eyes.