31. Beaten

"What? No!" I shouted and laughed as I read the word schway across the word. "That's not a word!" Barry said and Nora chuckled. "Not in 2019." She said and I got up from the floor and went into the kitchen where I drank a glass of water. "Anyone else want something to drink?" I asked, raising my voice a bit. "No, thanks." Both of them exclaimed and I went back into the living room and sat down again next to Barry. Then we continued playing and to be completely honest, I couldn't tell the last time I've laughed so much.

Everything has been so stressed lately because of Savitar. Mania wasn't seen around again and I just figured that he eventually killed her. Now we just had to look out for him. I realized more and more that because who he really is that I couldn't be the one who had to kill him. I just couldn't see past the fact that he was Barry. Or that he used to be.

I woke up strange next morning in my bed, alone and with a cold breeze in the air. I got up and began dressing myself before half an hour later, I stood infront of the team. I could tell that something was off due to the cold mood around here. And it was not Killer Frost running around instead of Caitlin. "I was so close! So close to end him. Why? Why did you have to step in, Cisco?" Frost asked furious. "Guys!" Nora said and I looked at the screen on the desk before frowning. "Um, guys?" I said confusingly and several heads snapped in my direction. "What's Barry doing?" On the screen, the symbol that stood for him began running at the most fastest speed I've ever seen. "He's building up speed, racing towards something." Cisco said confusingly and Frost raised a brow. "Towards what?" She asked and then I realized it. "Savitar. He wants him to build up speed! Barry!" I then said through the microphone and sighed when he didn't respond. "Mom, I- I can help." I smiled softly at Nora before putting on my jacket. "I know, sweetheart. But I don't want you getting in danger." I said before teleporting at the very end of where Barry raced towards to. With one hand, I tried to keep Savitar away and with the other, I tried to slow down Barry.

Getting at what felt like the maximum of my powers, I screamed and continued to try before I was suddenly ripped from my location as a person lifted me up and threw me towards a wall. I screamed out in pain and my eyes fluttered open to see a shadow infront of me. The person crouched down and smiled when I realized who it was. "I thought you were dead." I groaned. "No. But you are soon." She exclaimed before kicking me in the stomach. "You are everything I despise, you know that?" She taunted and I let out a shaky breath. "You and your miserable team." She said. Then she continued to taunt and kick me but I felt too weak to realize anything else. "What the-" She suddenly exclaimed and I tried to sit up, tasting the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. "Cora..." she said and turned around and walked away from me.

I awoke to the sound of a rapid beeping. My eyes fluttered open and a hand was holding my own. I looked up to see Nora at my bed side, having a worried look on her face. "Dad, she's up." She whispered. I tried to sat up but I had a really bad ache in my upper body. "Ohh.." I groaned. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Barry asked in a low voice. "Like the first time you raced me through Central City." I said with a raspy voice.

His face lit up for a second and then the worry came back. "You passed out but she kept beating you up. She didn't even really use her powers." Caitlin said as she walked into the room. Caitlin slowly and carefully lifted my shirt to reveal several bruises. "Your body is healing but very slowly. You should be able to get up in a few hours. But take it easy." She said. "Thanks, doc." I answered. I squeezed Barry's hand and smiled weakly at him. "Stay with me?" I asked slowly and he nodded and pressed a kiss on my cheek. "Always." He whispered in my ear and I closed my eyes.

"Where's Nora?" I asked as Barry carried me into our apartment. "She's staying with Joe tonight. She wants to spend more time with him and Iris." He answered and I nodded before he softly let me down on the couch in the living room. Barry then raced into the bedroom and came out with a blanket. He said down next to me and I snuggled into his side before he put the blanket around us. "How do you feel?" He whispered and then intertwined our fingers. "Barr, I'm feeling perfectly fine." I said in a low voice and then sighed. "Hey, um, do you want to go get some pizza?" I asked and Barry chuckled. "Only if you don't move until I'm back." He said and I frowned. "I- Okay." I whispered and nodded. He got up and I moved to sit better on the couch, bringing my legs to my body. Then he sped out of the apartment and I smiled to myself.

About twenty minutes later, he came back with three pizza cartons in his hands. "Tuna for you. And olives and hawaiian for me." He said. I smiled. "You're the best." Barry sat down and I reached for my pizza when something happened. My eyes flashed and I no longer saw the living room but instead I saw the time vault and my image in a photo frame and Nora's silver jacket. "Barry." I cried out and clutched my left hand to my head while I reached for his arm my other. "Zoe? Zoe, what's happening?" He asked with worry filled in his voice as I keep seeing different images. "Nora. Something... something is going on."

[Nora POV]

I was in the time vault, looking at a picture of my mother and my XS jacket. Then, I raced to 2049 where I immediately went to Iron Heights and phased through the walls to get to one prisoner. "You told me that they wanted her alive. That they wouldn't harm her. The last time I saw my mother she was beaten up horribly." I exclaimed angrily and felt my eyes glisten which made me step back and take a very deep breath. "Nora. Calm down. Your powers..." He said and I nodded. "I know. I know." I whispered. "What am I supposed to do now? I- I still can't believe they actually listened to me." I whispered the last sentence to myself.

"Keep telling Savitar what you know and keep your mother out of your head." Thawne said and I sighed. "How? She's so strong and Storm's even stronger." I argued. "Don't let your Storm get stronger than you. Keep her away. Run more..." Thawne said and I nodded slowly. "I will." I whispered and looked up to him. Besides my parents and the team, he was the only one I could rely on. "Do they suspect anything?" Thawne now asked and I shook my head. "No." I said and he nodded. "Good. Good." He said, more to himself than me. "What do I do next?" I asked and he smirked. "Get rid of Savitar. You know how." He said and I took a deep breath. "Got it." I said. I looked up to the timer and then back to Thawne. 12 hours and 14 minutes until his execution. "Keep letting Gideon search for anything Mania related." He ordered. "And keep you posted, got it." I said and then he raised his hand to wave at me. "Until the next time, little runner." He said in a low voice and then I raced out of the building and back to 2019.