18. Final race

In the evening, I stood infront of the pipeline where Echo was held. "That's... fascinating." Echo said and I grew impatient. "Who the bloody hell is she? Why is she having the same powers as me? And how is she a speedster?" I asked and Echo shook her head softly. "You're asking the wrong questions, Zoe. All I can tell you is that there was a speedster who saw Thawne sometimes. Then she left. And she looked nothing like you described me. She never did things like teleporting or anything similiar. And Zoe, she never came back. I would've known if she did. Trust me on this." I scoffed. "Yeah, because you can be trusted so easily." I spat and then I turned around, ready to leave. "Wait! I have to tell you something! Something important." Echo said and I sighed as I turned around to her.

Later on I was looking through the computer in the cortex if there were any more traces regarding my powers. "I guess we're post-poning the dinner?" Barry asked behind me and I chuckled before I sighed. "Seems like it." I said and he put a hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to him and looked up. "Whatever this was... we'll figure it out. And now come." Barry said and then took my hand and sped us to my apartment. When we entered it, I heard quiet music coming out of living room and Barry and I sat down on the couch. "What's happening?" I asked when I saw about three boxes of pizza on the table infront of the couch. "I kind of phased through the door earlier and brought you food that we are now eating together." I smiled and shook my head while looking at him. "Oh, so we are having dinner now?" I asked and Barry grinned. "Did you know that I have to eat at least five times more than you?" I snickered as he spoke and looked down before I reached for one of the boxes. "Well, I do now." I said and opened the pizza box.

"Where is she?" I asked and yawned as I looked around. "We know as much as you do. There was no sign that she escaped on her own. She had help." Cisco said as we all met in the cortex. "Thawne?" I asked as Cisco looked through the camera surveillance. "Yup. There he is." He said and I looked at the big screen. I watched as he waved and smiled at the camera before freeing Echo. My hands turned to fists when he sped off with her.

"But she is no use to him anymore." I whispered and turned around to Team Flash. "He said that only I was capable to bring him home." I said and looked up. "Zoe, he's a liar, a manipulator. He could've tricked us all along." Barry said and I nodded. I took a deep breath and then got my jacket and put it on. "I'm gonna end this now." Before I could have teleported myself away, Cisco carefully grabbed my arm. "We're with you." He said and I looked into his eyes before I nodded. Then he opened a breach and Caitlin was the first to go through. Barry, Cisco and I followed quickly.

"Ah, Team Flash... I was wondering if you'd show up." Thawne said behind us with Echo at his side. We turned around and my lips were trembling. Then he smiled and his eyes glowed red before his hand began to vibrate. "No!" Barry yelled but by the time he sped forward, Thawne had already put  his vibrating hand through my mothers chest. I gasped and the ground slightly began to shake as Storm took over. "Zoe! Zoe!" Someone yelled besides me and I watched as Noah stood beside me. "I don't know who he is, but no one is hurting my family. Now get him back." He said and I faced Thawne and with my powers I pulled Barry back to us before Thawne could have done something to him. "I told you you'd die if you hurt the ones I care about." Storm spat and stepped forward. Then icicles shot forward and Thawne dogded them easily and sped infront of us. "And I told you, that you are not capable of killing me." He said and his eyes glowed red again.

Noah then ducked down when Thawne went after him and my brother chuckled. With thrusting my hands forward I pushed him away from my brother and Barry then went to fight him, racing him down the street. The two blur of lightning continued their fight for several minutes until Noah pushed me out of the way. Thawne's vibrating hand got out of his chest and my brother fell to the ground, dead. "No! No, no, no, no." Storm said and then I fully took over. "You." I said and turned to Thawne. Killer Frost and Cisco blasted icicles and vibe blasts at him and for a second he was on the ground. I used my powers to slow down time and then walked over to him. I put my hand on his chest and he began to breathe rapidly. "I always wondered what dying felt like." My words were laced with spite and I felt my eyes glow. I sucked in a deep breath and when I exhaled, the speedster stopped breathing.

"You killed him." Barry breathed out quietly and watched me as I got on my feet. Killer Frost turned back to Caitlin and the trio looked at me with uncertain looks in their eyes. "He killed my brother. He-" I stopped speaking and looked at my dead sibling. "It's okay. It's okay." Cisco said calm and walked over to me and hugged me. I sighed when I closed my eyes for a moment.

-

One week later, Team Flash, Cora and I stood infront of two graves. Those of my mothers and my brothers. I barely did anything during the last week and now standing here was weird. I knew I always had a estranged relationship with my mother because of what happened but she was still my mom.
And after I got Noah back, I lost him again. The boy who taught me how to drive a bycicle. Who introduced me to Cora. Cora held my hand and I leant against her shoulder while my other hand was interwined with Barry's. "You can rest now, big brother." I whispered with a breaking voice as tears made their way over my cheeks. Cora quietly sobbed next to me and I let out a shivering breath. "I'm sorry, Mom." I said quietly and then pulled my hands out of Barry's and Cora's. "Thank you for making me who I am today. I wouldn't be here without you. I... forgive you." I whispered and then looked up to the people around me. "Iris, could you- drive me home?" I asked slowly and the dark skinned woman looked up and nodded in my direction. "Of course." She said. I turned my head to Barry who looked down to me. "If you need anything-" I cut him off and smiled for a moment. "I know. And thank you." I pressed a kiss on his cheek and then turned around to hug Cora. "I'll leave Central City, but if you need me, I'm just a call away." The brunette whispered in my ear and I nodded in her shoulder. "Likewise, wolfy." I said quietly and then pulled away from her.

The drive from the cemetery was quiet and I stared out the window. "Hey, Zoe?" Iris asked before I could have gotten out of the car. "Yeah?" I answered. "We're here for you. Always." She said and I smiled at her before I nodded. "I know." I whispered and then got out of the car and went into the buiding and in my apartment.