20. Nora

I sat with Cisco, Caitlin and Joe on the couch in the West house. Barry, Iris and Wally stood around us. It was three months since the funeral and right now we were celebrating my birthday. Everyone had a glass with champagne after we had the cake that Iris, Barry and Caitlin baked.

It was the first time that I was happy and I enjoyed slowly getting back to myself. "So, you just ran around with her?" Wally asked Barry and the latter chuckled. "Yes, well, until Storm decided to tap in and ruin all the fun." I scoffed playfully and rolled my eyes. "We were running around for what felt like hours and either you stopped or I puked, so..." I said and the people in the room began to laugh. "And Harry is back on Earth-2?" Wally asked. "Yeah, Jesse and he talked and he decided to move back on Earth-2. Spending time with his daughter and all." I answered. "And you guys are really finally together?" Wally asked and laughter filled the living room again. "If you ask one more time, I'm gonna punch you!" I exclaimed while laughing and Wally chuckled. "Well, you'd have to catch me first." He said smirking and when it knocked I got up and opened the door as Barry told them the story of me accidently punching him while he was running around.

A woman entered the house and I confusingly closed the door. "Hi!" The woman exclaimed and the others turned around to her. "We need to talk." She said and I looked confused at her. "What?" I mumbled. "Wait, I've seen you before. Aren't you the meta that was running around in Central City?" Caitlin asked and I suddenly remembered. "Yeah." I said and then eyed her. The jacket looked extremely like mine, but her black hightlights were a dark purple. "Where did you get this jacket?" Barry asked and she began to stutter. "Uh, from her." She said and looked up to me. I shook my head and chuckled lightly. "Yeah, no, this, um, is one a kind." I said and looked back to Barry who was as confused as everyone. "Who are you?" Barry asked the woman and she looked between Barry and me as she spoke. "I'm your daughter, Nora. From the future." She said and Barry and I shared look before we looked at her again. "And I think I made a big, big mistake." She continued.

"You're saying you're our daughter?" Barry asked. "From the future?" I added, more confused than ever. "Named Nora?" Barry asked. "After your mother." Nora said and looked up to Barry. "Anybody need a refill? No? Just me?" Cisco asked and I sighed before I grabbed my glass and chugged down the champagne. "Cisco Ramon. Always cutting the tension with a joke." Nora said and chuckled. I looked back to Barry and he also looked back to me. "You know our names?" Caitlin asked. Of course. I know all of you. You're Caitlin Snow. Papa Joe. Wally." She stated and went around the room and called them by their names. "And your nickname is XS?" I asked. "Yeah." Nora said and then Cisco cut in. "Clearly not my doing." He said before he drank another glass of champagne. "No, it's a nickname you gave me when I was a kid, Mom." She said and now faced me. "Mom?" I unsurely said. "You said I did everything in excess. Guess I've always been like that. Overdoing things, getting in way over my head like, uh, recently." She explained. And with that my headache was back. "This mistake that you've made?" Barry said and I kept looking at Nora. This was way too surreal. "Big mistake." Nora said and I cut in. "Which was?" I asked. "Helping you save the city by destroying the Star Labs satellite last night." Nora said and I blinked rapidly. "You destroyed the satellite?" I asked the team. "Yeah, we've had a bit of a situation." Barry said and I sighed. "So, you were the other speedster?" Barry asked Nora and she nodded. "Yeah and something happened when I did it because now I can't seem to get fast enough to open up the speedforce." Nora said and I took a deep breath while my headache was getting weaker. "I'm sorry, do- do you have an alter-ego?" I asked and Nora sighed deeply. "Yeah. I'm sorry for causing your headache. I don't know how to- how to fully control this side of me yet." Nora explained and I nodded. "I'm sorry, I know how bizarre this must seem, meeting your daughter from the future as an adult. But I'm kinda stuck here now so, anyone know what to do?" Nora said and I looked around to the team before I sighed deeply.

-

We were in the speed lab in Star Labs now and Barry walked in as Nora sped through the track, over and over. "This is... so, so crazy." I said and Barry walked up to me and nodded. "Yeah, totally." He said. "We have a daughter." I spoke out and turned my head to look at him as Nora kept running. "We've been lied to before. The whole Thawne and Echo thing." Barry said and turned fully around to me. "She's got a Storm inside of her, I can feel it. What else could be causing my headaches? Also, yellow lightning like yours?" I stated the obvious and then Nora stopped infront of us. "Hi!" She said and chuckled, while I smiled at her. "Hey." I answered.
Then Caitlin and Cisco walked in and then started to take some tests while Nora went back on the track and ran. "So, the quick analysis of her DNA shows similiar pattern to the both of yours." Caitlin said and I smiled up to Barry. "See?" I said. Barry sighed. "What about her being stuck here?" Barry asked Cisco and the latter answered, "She definitely has speedforce in her system. She's just not fast enough to open up a time portal." Cisco said.

Then the alarm blared throughout Star Labs and I looked up hopefully to Barry. "Come on." He said chuckling and I teleported myself home and put on my jacket. I looked into the mirrow and took a deep breath before teleporting back to Star Labs. "Dad?" Nora asked hopefully but Barry, now in his suit, shook his head. "You already made big mistakes." Barry said and then looked at the computer screen and looked back at me. "Meet you there?" He asked and I chuckled. "In a flash." I whispered and looked at the screen myself before I teleported myself on the street.

The meta stood next to a police car with officers in the air. After Barry punched the meta in the chest, he put the officers on the sidewalk and then turned around to the meta as he got up. "Gridlock? Schway!" Nora exclaimed behind us and we turned around to her in surprise. Then I heard steps behind me and Nora stuttered things. Barry turned around and then got punched in the chest and flew through the air. With one hand, I kept Barry from flying away and with the other I kept that meta at bay.

Barry then stood next to me again and then we faced Gridlock. "Storm, right? Heard a lot about you!" The meta said and I chuckled. "And I heard nothing about you." I said. Then he leaped forward and kicked me in the stomach so that I flew through the air. I tried to teleported onto the ground safely, but it was like my powers weren't mine to use.

I squeezed my eyes shut and suddenly I was caught and looked up to Barry. "He got away." I whispered as Barry let me down and he nodded. Nora then sped infront of us and Barry looked infuriated at her.

"I told you to stay here!" Barry raised his voice as soon as we were back in Star Labs. "But Dad..." Nora said and Barry shook his head. "What happened out there? Where was Storm?" Caitlin asked and I gulped before I sighed. "She and I are having some difficulties right now." I whispered. "Like?" Caitlin asked. "Since the- the funeral, she didn't come through. I can still use my powers but Storm doesn't communicate with me anymore." I explained and ran my fingers through my hair. "It'll be fine." Caitlin said and squeezed my hand before she looked over to Barry and Nora.

"Nora.." Barry said softly, but she shook her head. "No, it's fine. You don't want me here." She said quietly and then sped away. "I'm gonna go after her..." I said and then teleported myself to her when she came to a halt in Jitters. She sat down at a table and I sighed before I sat down on the opposite side of her. "Mom? What do you-" "I just wanna talk. Is that okay?" I asked quietly and she nodded. "Sure." She whispered. "Can I ask you why you're here." I said in a low voice and she looked up. "To see Dad. To get to know him." She answered and I looked into her eyes. "I understand. So, he's not- not there? In the future." Nora looked into my eyes and sighed. "Do you know about the crisis?" She asked and I nodded. "Barry, um, your dad told me that the both of us were gone after it." Nora nodded. "And Dad never came back. You did eventually. Storm was completely gone though." She whispered and I looked down on the table. "Storm was gone?" I asked and she shrugged. "You told me that I wasn't allowed to ask you or Iris or well, anybody about what happened." She said and avoided to look at me.