26. Mania and Savitar

"And you are completely sure about this?" Barry asked and ran his fingers through his hair. Cisco and the others looked up to me with a concerned look on their faces. "Yes, Barry. I saw her rising up from my future unconscious body like a ghost, okay? She confirmed that her name was no longer Zoe or Storm. It was Mania." I explained and Barry sighed. "That's why you don't have your powers." Nora chimed in and looked at me. "In the future, you never acted on your powers. Storm hasn't shown up in Central City since the crisis. Whenever you were angry or something, it was you who... who lashed out. Not Storm." Nora added and I sank down on the chair. "She knows our every move... because I know them." I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. "We still don't know who the other speedster is." Iris said and I nodded. "We have to keep looking." I said and sighed.

"How are you feeling?" Barry asked behind me and put his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "I am not sure... Barry, when I was fighting Mania, when I pushed us off the roof I saw something. I think it was this- this crisis. I saw you and me, fighting. And- And Thawne. But... but it can't be, right?" I said and exhaled a deep breath while I turned around to him. "He... died before, Zoe. He always found ways to come back. I suppose this isn't any different." As he spoke, I felt tears stinging in my eyes and got out his embrace. "So, my mom and Noah... they died for nothing?" I asked as I distanced myself from him. "Zoe..." Barry began and I inhaled deep breaths.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and calmed myself down. "I- I-" I stammered and Barry walked over to me and hugged me comfortably. I closed my eyes and for this very moment I felt safe. In this moment I knew that it was and always would be him. When I stepped back and looked into his face I began to realize something else. "I- I know who the other speedster is." I whispered and Barry frowned. I took his hand and teleported us into Star Labs before getting Cisco, Nora and Caitlin too. "Okay, so Mania is me. We already know that. Mania was created because I kept losing, so..."  I explained my theory to the others and they listened and waited patiently.

[Mania's POV]

"They know." I whispered and looked up to the metal suit. I heard footsteps behind me and then a hand on my shoulder. "Yes, they do." He whispered and I sighed and turned around. "Hmm. Brown was more your color." He said and I nodded. "I know. I know. But it's the only thing that makes me look different from Zoe." I put a hand on his cheek and then felt his hand on my wrist. "I'm gonna go and get Barry." I said and then he leaned over and pressed his lips on my forehead. 

After that, I stepped back and went to get my silver jacket. I put it on and sighed before turning around. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded. Then I teleported myself into Star Labs, knowing Zoe and Barry were gone. "Mom? What is it?" Nora asked and I looked at her. I had forgotten that she was here too. "Where's Barry?" I asked and Cisco looked up to me from the desk. "In the workshop. He's getting the speed gun." Cisco answered and I began to smile mischievously. "Thank you, Vibe." Then I shoved Cisco and Nora against the wall with my advanced powers before he could've react and then teleported myself into the workshop. "What's wrong? I thought we were meeting outside?" Barry said and I chuckled. "We probably were." I whispered and placed my hand on his chest, then I watched him pass out onto the floor. I took his arm and teleported us into the old building that we were hiding in.

I put the power-dampening cuffs on Barry and then chained him to the wall. "Mania." Barry mumbled and I chuckled. "Savitar." He added and said person crouched down to Barry. "Like looking in a mirror, isn't it?" Savitar said and then raised his hand to almost touch his burnt cheek. "Well, almost." He said and got up. I sat down and looked at them. "You- You are a time remnant. But you-" Barry looked over to me. "Oh, you want to know what I am? How I became Mania?" I asked.

"It's easy actually!" I said. "All it took was seeing you hurt. Not being able to step in. It was when Zoe began to rise up in the sky, realising she's about lose everything... that was the moment I was born. You produced time remnants to protect her. One of them sped her back into the apartment and then left her. That time remnant realized that I, Mania, was about to be born and he let me. Guess who that time remnant was?" I explained and Barry continued to look up to me. "Zoe would never become this. Never." Barry said and Savitar and I shared a look. "Well... Zoe wasn't shunned and cast out from the ones she used to call family. Caitlin, Cisco, Iris, Joe even Wally...  Just because I wasn't the girl who wanted to be a hero. Because I wasn't Zoe Black. I was a shadow. After you casted me out I began to kill and became Mania. The villain who was able to run away and yet, never get caught. Even through time." I spat.

"Mania and Savitar. The broken duplicats of Zoe and Barry. We were broken and alone, even when we were together." Savitar said. Barry suddenly had a familiar look on his face. "Oh, Barry don't you see? To end the pain we had to become something that was above pain and feelings." I said. "We've become gods." Savitar added.

"And for that to happen we only need two more things. First is for Zoe to be at the brink of losing it. Losing it all. Thawne did a pretty good job with killing Josephine and Noah. So there are only a handful of people left." Savitar said and Barry looked up to him. "And Nora being here makes it all so much easier." Savitar added and walked over to his suit.

Barry suddenly tried to leap forward but the chains stopped him. "I swear if you hurt her-" I quickly stopped him and chuckled. "Oh no, Bar. This is all on you and your little family. You're to blame."