33. Unstoppable

[Zoe's POV]

4 weeks later

"Every time we get a trace, it's like she was already there..." Joe said frustated. "She won't stop." Barry said and ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "Killing Savitar gave her the rest. She won't stop until she sees us crumbling on the floor." I said and sat down. "The satellites can't find her because she's not staying long enough in one place. She- she's always moving." Cisco said. "And every time we're near her she's one step ahead of us." Cora said. "I just spoke to Gideon and um, there is a way to stop her. Gideon said that you and a Sam Cage are going to build something to kill her in the future." Nora said as she entered the cortex.

"Sam Cage?" Cisco asked and then began to search for him. A minute passed before a face to the name appeared on the screen at the wall. "Sam Cage is a mechanical engineer. In 2039, he and his daughter founded Cage Industries and it specialises on tech for meta-humans." Nora said and I frowned. "Yeah, but that's in the future... that's not gonna help us now." I said and Nora turned around to me and nodded. "True, but he is currently here in Central City at CCU, so how about we blink in there real quick and get him to come back with us?" Nora asked and I looked around to the others. "Nora... I- I think I should stay behind with- with Mania still out there. I'm sorry." I said and then teleported myself into the time vault.

"Gideon?" I asked and let myself slide down at a wall. I brought my knees to my body and hugged them. "Yes?" Gideon answered. "Is there anything new regarding to Mania in the future?" I asked and looked up to see a newspaper Mania back, thousands dead. "If- If I were to kill myself, would she still be around and kill people?" I asked slowly and there was a pause before Gideon answered. "No, but- but this is something I highly do not recommend." Gideon answered. "Thank you, Gideon. That's all." I whispered and got up. Tears stung in my eyes and then rolled down my cheeks. "What... what do I do?" I whispered to myself and tried to calm myself down before returning to the others.

"Guys, there is a meta out there that's robbing a bank." Nora said and I sighed before putting on my jacket and let Storm take over.

The next thing I knew I was sitting down and that my hands were shaking. It stopped eventually and I looked up to the others to see them looking worried at me. "Are you feeling okay?" Cisco asked and I nodded. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked and Cisco and Barry looked at one another before looking back to me. "Storm just did all the work. We didn't even realize what was happening. You just blinked in, got the meta and then he was gone." Frost said.

"Sorry." I whispered and Barry walked towards me. He kneeled down infront of me and took my hands in his. "If you want to go home and rest, we'd understand." He whispered and I nodded. "Yeah.. um, I'm gonna go and meet with Iris. Maybe that'll help take my mind off of things." I said and Barry and I got both on our feet. "Okay." He said and kissed my forehead. "I'll be okay." I said in a low voice and he let go of my hands before I walked out of Star Labs.

But instead of meeting Iris, I teleported myself on top of a building in Central City. Beneath me was the traffic, the cars and the people on the sidewalks. I could hear faint chattering and cars honking. I took a deep breath as I looked over other buildings. "Go ahead. Jump. You and I will be gone and there is no more terror from me." Mania said behind me and I closed my eyes as I heard her speak.

"Your daughter took him from me and for that, I will take someone important from her. Maybe Barry. You know, to even it out." She said and I formed my hand to a fist as I turned around to her. "Savitar was a monster. He deserved to die." I said, my voice lace-filled. "Maybe you're right. But how are you any different? I mean... you killed Thawne. And you enjoyed it. You wanted to kill me." She said and I shook my head. "No. I- I had to kill Thawne. He- He killed my brother and my mother."

Mania tilted her head and chuckled. "That's not true. And you know it. Besides, Noah threw himself infront of you, didn't he?" I shook my head again and then thrusted my arm towards her. She began to choke and her hands reached up to her throat. "D- Do it. Kill- kill me." She choked out and I began to breathe heavier. "I can't let you kill more people!" I said and she choked more as I put more energy in my powers.

"Mom! Don't do this. Please." Nora suddenly said as I turned my head to where she and Barry now stood. They were both in their suits, orange and purple lightning dancing around them. "I know you're not a killer." She said and her voice was pleading. "Do... it. Kill me... as you killed... Thawne." Mania said and smirked as she looked to Barry and Nora.

"You kill me... you become me. Easy as that." Mania said and I felt myself stop putting pressure on her throat. "I won't let Storm define me." I whispered before Mania teleported herself away.

"You killed Eobard Thawne? The- The Reverse-Flash?" Nora asked perplexed and I nodded. "It, um, was more Storm than me, to be honest, but yeah." I stammered. Nora then kept quiet and probably thinking about my words.

We went back to the team but Barry took my hand and lead me back into the hall. "It won't be like this for long, okay?" He said and I frowned. "I want all of us to be safe... If something were to happen to any of them, I'd- I'd never forgive myself." I whispered and then Barry put his arms around me.

I put my head against his chest and sighed as I embraced the hug. "I'm sorry, Zoe... But I won't lose you." He whispered. I frowned and looked up to him in confusion. "What are you sorry for?" I asked but then I felt a needle in my neck.

My vision slowly got blurry and my legs gave in. My body became numb but I still realized that he picked up and carried me somewhere.

"This is the highest dose I ever made. She should wake up in seven to nine hours." I heard Caitlin's faint voice and then my eyes fluttered shut.