15. Eye to eye

"She's here?" Iris asked in disbelief and Barry looked surprised, too. "Yes. I can't believe it." I whispered and then saw fingers snapping infront of us. It was Cisco. "Hey, um, we're about to go and meet up with the bad guy, so can we concentrate on that for a second?" Cisco was somewhat serious and so I shook my head for a second. "Sorry." I whispered. I already had my jacket on and sighed as Storm took over. "It's been a while I kicked some ass." Storm said and Cisco then opened a breach. Caitlin was the first to go through it, Barry and I followed and the breach closed after Cisco stood behind us.

I looked around and then I saw red lightning as Thawne sped infront of us, alone. "Storm..." Thawne said and sped infront of me. "I've been meaning to ask, did the weird feeling stop?" He taunted and I used my powers to push him several feet away from the team and me. He got up quickly and his eyes began to glow red. "You know what I want..." He said and Storm chuckled. "Oh, don't we all? But here is what I want!" Quickly, Barry sped behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder as I slowed down time. Barry and I walked infront of Thawne and I eyed him. Then something else caught my eye and then I was pushed through the air as Thawne pushed me away. I was caught by Barry. I got on my feet and then my hand thrusted forward as I stopped him from moving as Killer Frost shot icicles at him.

"I underestimated you, Zoe Black." He said when we stopped and he chuckled. He threw the icicles on the ground and looked at me. "I know you want to! Come on, then! Kill me." He said and Storm chuckled. "No..." Storm said and the speedster sped forward and held me in a chokehold. "Do it." He said. Then Killer Frost thrusted her arms forward and blasted ice at Thawne. I closed my eyes and teleported myself away. Because Thawne touched me as I did, he came with me. I pushed him away from me and I gasped when I did it. "You're stupid if you think you can kill me." Storm said and Thawne began to laugh. "I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to because that would disrupt the timeline and I need you to get me home." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Why don't you use Echo? She has the same powers I do." Storm said and Thawne scoffed. "No... Echo has not the ability to do that, but you... you do and you're gonna do it." Storm chuckled again. "You can't kill Zoe, nor can you kill Barry, so no, I won't..." Storm said and Thawne sighed. "Yes, but I can kill Echo. Or Harry. Or Joe. You see, I don't care who dies as long I get my way." Then I used my powers to push him onto the ground again and then stood over him. "Do not threaten the people I care about. Or I might come back on that offer to kill you." Storm spat and then smiled. "And I will. I promise." Storm said and then Thawne got up and then I fell to the ground as he began to hit me repeatedly. "You will soon understand that you are no match to me. You could never be able to kill me. Or harm me, for that matter." He said as he stood above me and Storm groaned as she tried to get up. "You could never defeat me!" He said and kicked me in the stomach.

Then I saw a blast of Cisco's vibe that pushed Thawne away. Barry quickly was above me and I soon realized that I was too weak to get up and he helped me. I successfully took over and leaned against Barry as I breathed out shakily. Then after Thawne sped away, Barry sped us back to Star Labs and I laid down on the bed in the medical bay. "You took quite the beating. But Storm's healing powers should kick in soon." Caitlin said and smiled reassuringly at me. I nodded and laid back on the bed. I looked up to them and took a deep breath. "He knew I couldn't do it. Kill him, I mean." I said perplexed and groaned when I sat up. "Because you're not that kind of a person and that's good, Zoe." Iris said and I sighed. "Maybe I'm not. But what if Storm is? What if she can do it?" I breathed out shakily again and looked at Team Flash. "Even if she is, you're not gonna let her. After all, you're above her. You're in full control." Caitlin said and I looked down and felt that the few wounds began to heal.

When the wounds finished healing I got up and Barry walked me home. To make sure I got there safely. "So, um, Cora is back in Central City." Barry said and I nodded. "Yeah, I wonder why." I whispered. "Really? I thought you guys parted on not so great terms." Barry answered. "Yes, but I'd still like to know why, you know? She's just been gone for so long, I- I can't see why she would want to come back." I said and Barry nodded. "I understand. Maybe she has a good reason." He said and I sighed. "Hey, um, I've been wondering... would- would you like to go out with me sometime? When... when all of this is done?" He asked and I chuckled while I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds nice." I said in a low voice and Barry smiled. "Really?" He asked and I pressed a short kiss on his lips. "Yes." I whispered smiling and then I stepped back. "Good night, Flash." Storm and I said together and Barry chuckled. "Good night." He said and I turned around. I went into the building and in my apartment.

When I put the keys down on the kitchen island I heard Storm's voice in my head, telling me that someone was here. So my eyes glowed silver as my hair turned silver as well. "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" Storm said in a loud voice and I turned around. "Woah, Zoe, it's okay! It's just us." Noah came out with his hands in the air and Cora followed him. "Cora?" I asked as I broke through and she just stared at me. "Hey." She said unsure and my eyes glistened silver again. "Hey? Hey?" Storm asked angrily and Noah leaped infront of her. "Zoe, snap out of it!" Noah yelled and I shook my head as I felt the inner struggle to break through Storm. "Our name is Storm now." Storm and I said together as I felt this void inside of me.