41. Guns

[ one week later ]

"Zoe?" Barry called out behind me as I entered the bedroom. I turned around to him and watched him carefully. He watched me too. "Have I lost you?" He whispered and I slowly walked up to him and placed my hands on his cheeks. He looked down to the ground and I took a deep breath. "Never." I whispered and he looked up and into my eyes. Then I distanced myself again and sat down on the bed. Barry sat down next to me and took my hands in his.

"Felicity told me something..." I started in a low voice. Barry tilted his head before he looked back into my eyes. "She did?" He asked and was back to his bubbly personality which made me chuckle. "Well, I was waiting for the right moment, you know? I was trying to make it all right but I guess fate didn't want it to happen so soon." He said and I laughedd quietly. "So, you believe in fate, Mr. Allen?" I asked and Barry smiled.

"Well, I didn't quite before but now with you, I believe that it was fate that brought us together, yeah." He whispered and I swallowed a lump forming in my throat before I moved closer to him and kissed him.

I opened my eyes when the sun was shining on my face. I was lying right next to Barry who held me in his arms. I carefully turned around and watched his peaceful face as he continued to sleep.

I softly put my hand against his cheek and closed my eyes as I entered his mind, something my Earth-2 counterpart taught me. Entering someone's mind and even manipulating it was something I never thought I could do.

In Barry's dream, I saw Joe, Iris, Nora and myself at the West house, going through photo albums. It was a peaceful memory and I liked that. It was when I noticed how old we all looked that I realized it was not a memory. It was his dream. I exited his mindspace and found myself sobbing which woke Barry up.

"Hey. Hey, what's wrong?" He asked sleepy, yet worried. "Nothing, it's- it's just that- that dream you had... it was beautiful, Barr." I whispered and he wiped away the tears that were rolling my cheeks. "I promise- I promise that I will not let anything happen to you, okay? I can't- I won't lose you." I whispered and tried to calm myself down.

Suddenly, I heard steps outside of the bedroom and I got up slowly. I opened my drawer from my nightstand and grabbed the loaded gun before I got up and teleported myself on the other side of the bedroom door.

A shiver ran down my spine because of the cold floor that touched my bare feet. I slowly and carefully walked into the living room and when I saw a shadow, I kept the gun steady in my hands, ready to shoot if necessary.

"Mom?" Nora asked as she turned around to me. I sighed and put the gun down. I walked towards her and hugged her. "Don't scare me like that again, please." I whispered and Nora chuckled. "Promise." She whispered back. We parted and I went into the kitchen to drink something when I heard talking in the living room. Barry and Nora sat on the couch, looking at one another before they started talkng.

I made my way to them and sat down in the sitting bag and looked out of the window while I thought about the past week. Barry, Nora and I slowly made up and Nora moved in with us, with the promise she'd stop seeing and communicating Thawne. I just hoped that she would keep her promise.

[ 2040 | Zoe's POV ]

I pulled the hood from my suit deeper into my face before I put on a black coat to hide the suit beneath it. Then I put my Storm mask on. "We're lucky that you are able to teleport." A voice behind me said and I sighed. "Yeah, I know." I whispered and turned around to see Felicity and Laurel from Earth-2. "Is Nora..." Felicity asked but I cut her off quickly. "She's with a friend." I said.

"I have one question though, why are you here? I mean, not that we don't appreciate it but Star City is not your concern anymore." Laurel said and I looked up to her. "I made a promise to someone that I intend to keep... I- I can't just stand by and watch as the Glades destroy Star City." I said and Felicity looked away to the monitors. "You mean Barry." Laurel whispered and I turned around to put the bracelet on Cisco once made me.

"Yeah, him too." I whispered and then teleported myself to the Glades and looked around. "Storm? How's it looking?" I asked in a low voice. Then a voice in my head appeared that made me smile a bit. "It's looking good so far. But I thought we left Storm behind." She said and I began to walk though the crowd of the market. "Okay, what am I looking for again?" I asked through the comms.

"The wall with a white star." Felicity said and I looked around, before bumping against people that stood in my way. I made my way to a wall with the star before scanning it with my bracelet and then put my hands on the wall before teleporting myself inside.

"We're in." I said and then an object build itself up infront of me and I looked down to see that it was from my bracelet. "Got it. Thanks." I whispered and then walked up the stairs before realizing that I walked into a wide room that were full with armed people. "Hey, you failed to mention that heavily armed, soon dead guards are protecting it." I said. "I thought you weren't-" I turned the comms off before I smirked at the guards.

I took off my coat and hood while my brown hair turned silver and looked up to the men with flashing eyes. They quickly pulled up their guns and I looked down to see a red dot on my chest. "Give up now or we'll end this quick." Then I heard a snickering that was both in my head. One came from her and one came from Felicity. "Yeah, I don't think so." I said before I flashed my eyes.

The guns suddenly pulled away from me and against their will, the men now stood infront of eachother, all lined up. Then the guns went off and the bodies fell dead to the ground with bullets in their hearts. But two of them were left standing and I ran towards one, slipped through under his feet and kicked his feet away so that he fell on the ground.

Then he rose into mid-air and flew against the mirror that was in the room. Shards of the mirror fell to the ground and two of them rose into the air. One flew into my direction, passing me by inches into the man behind me and the other went into the heart of the one that was lying on the ground.

I smiled before I turned around and looked around only to see the round object in a carton. I let the object levitate in the air before it disappeared infront of my eyes and I with it.

"See, wasn't so bad, was it?" I asked Felicity as she held the round object. "Good job, Zoe. Good job." Laurel said and I smirked. "Hollow helped a lot." I whispered before putting the hood back on and then went to hug Felicity. "If you ever need me again, give me a call, okay?" I said and she nodded. "Yeah. But go home now. Put the suit away and spend time with Nora." Felicity said and I sighed.

Then we parted and I hugged Laurel before I pulled away from her and walked towards the door. "Hey.. um, what was that promise that you made to Barry?" Felicity asked behind me and I turned my head to her. "To never stop running. Never stop fighting." I said in a low voice.