32. Dead men

Nora's POV:

"I- I did everything you told me to do, I swear! Nothing should've gone wrong." I exclaimed panicked and ran my fingers through my hair. I began to walk up and down. "What did go wrong? What did you do?" Thawne asked and I took a deep breath.

[24 hours earlier]

"Papa Joe? Auntie Iris?" I asked as I entered the West house. "Here." Iris said and chuckled. "Did they run out of donuts?" Joe asked and a smile appeared on his lips as I came back emtpy handed. "I suppose I was really hungry." I said and chuckled nervously. "Reminds me of someone." Iris laughed and drank a sip out her mug before sitting down on the big couch. "Hey, guys.. can I ask you something?" I asked and they both nodded and, Joe and I sat down to Iris. "Sure." Iris answered. "My... my parents... what were they like before... before I came here?" I askes and they both chuckled.

"Well, it was fun to watch. Looking back now if Storm hadn't bursted out about Zoe's- your- your mom's feelings, who knows... But they also weren't as worried as now. Every time I come to Star Labs and your dad is saving Central City without your mom, she- she has this look on her face." Iris said and her voice grew quieter. I nodded and sighed.

The rest of the evening was pretty normal. We watched movies and talked a lot before we went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with the sunbeams in my face and warmth running through my body. After a good breakfast with Joe and Iris and a relaxing shower, I was at CCPD, looking around my father's lab. "Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked and then raced to his desk to hide something. I raced to the desk and looked up to him. "What was that?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Nothing." He said and tried to avoided eye-contact. "Dad!" I exclaimed and smiled at him. "Come on." I added. He sighed and pulled out a small box out of the desk drawer. "Holy schrap! Is that an-" I stopped talking and the box immediately went back in the drawer when Mom suddenly stood in the doorframe. "Good morning, sweetheart." She said and grinned widely before walking towards us and hugging me.

"Good morning. What's got you into such a good mood?" I asked and hugged her back. "Nothing in particular. I just met up with Iris and we just had a good morning." She said before she pulled away from me. I watched Mom kissing Dad and chuckled before stepping away from them. "I'm, um, going back to Star Labs to see if they need me." I said and then raced towards to Star Labs after running freely through Central City.

"Suit up, we're going after Savitar." Killer Frost said and I quickly put on my suit before standing next to Frost again. Then Cisco opened a breach and Frost and I stepped through it, followed by Cisco.

When we entered the old buildging, I put my hand into the pocket of my jacket and pressed the button that was hidden there. "Did no one ever tell you to knock? That's rude." A lace filled voice asked behind us and we turned around. "No, little speedster. You're coming with me." I gasped as I heard the voice of Savitar behind me. He grabbed me and sped away. The last thing I heard was Cisco calling out my name. I was put down on the ground as soon as were far enough away.

Savitar got out of his suit and then pulled something out of his pocket. "This is the last thing you need. Zoe will soon figure out that to stop Mania, she needs to build a machine. Cisco will help her. It will be a success. Mania won't go down easy." Savitar said and I looked down to the small futuristic metallic piece now in my hand. "Now do it." He said and handed me a gun. "I know that he told you to kill me. Do it." I nodded as he spoke. I loaded the gun and stepped back. "No! Keep your hands off of me. No!" I yelled and then he raced infront of me and I pulled the trigger. I smirked when he collapsed infront of me, falling to the ground and disappeared into the air forever as a new timeline formed. I put the gun down and the metallic piece into my pocket.

"Nora!" A voice behind me exclaimed and then my parents appeared next to me. "You- you killed him." My dad whispered shocked. "I am having a strange sense of déjà-vu." Dad said and I looked up to them. "I want to go home." I whispered and then looked to my dad and he nodded. "Of course." He said and then we went home after seeing that Mania escaped Frost and Cisco.

"I killed him, but- but something is different now. It doesn't feel like we won." I said as I exhaled a shaky breath. "Because you didn't. Not yet, at least." Thawne said as the newspaper changed from Mania stops killing to Mania back, thousands dead. "Savitar's death impacted Mania to go on a killing spree. She's now more dangerous than ever." Thawne said and I sighed.

"Your mother needs to build that machine." He added and I flashed my eyes. "I know! Just give me the name and I'll be on my way!" I spoke loudly and he put his fist against the glass. "No!" He yelled. "No." He added more quieter. "Thawne. Give me the name!" I exclaimed and stepped back as he stepped closer. "There are only two people that are able to help her. The first is Alexander Black-" "Out of question!" I immediately said, knowing what he did.

"Fine. Sam William Cage. " He said. "He- he's the father of Mia Cage, founder of Cage Industries in 2039." Thawne nodded. "Yes. And he will help your mother build that machine to destroy Mania." He said and I smiled to myself before I ran back.