6. Earth-2

For the first time in a few weeks I awoke in my apartment. Feeling completely fine. I sat up and noticed a little gift on my nightstand. I picked up the note that came with the little box. "You two might need this to help you connecting. Cisco helped perfecting it so that she isn't able to hide anymore. - Caitlin, Frost" I read aloud and smiled. I opened the box and a small dark stone was sitting in there with a chain, ready to get hung up around my neck.

"I wonder... how is Mommy dearest?" She asked and I quickly shook my head before putting the necklace on. "Silver Witch?" I whispered and her sigh appeared in my head. "You know, I really dislike the name. Mom called us Storm yesterday if you noticed. I mean, it sounds pretty nice to me." She said and I sighed. "If that's all you're worrying about..." I whispered and got up from the bed, got to the drawers and dressed myself. Then I went into the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and put my brushed hair in a bun.

Then I got my phone, my keys and a bottle of water and left my apartment. An hour later I was called into the cortex by Caitlin. "What's up? Who needs saving?" Cisco and Caitlin laughed at the comment and I walked into the Cait's lab. "No one." Caitlin said. "Although... we might need your help a little. It's just a few informations that we need." Cisco said and I sat down. "All right." I frowned and looked up to them. "Your parents are Josephine and Alexander Black?" Cisco asked. I nodded. "Yep. Both are alive, shockingly." I said. "Any siblings?" I frowned at Caitlin's question and my mind went back to an event from three years ago. Then I nodded. "Um, yeah, one brother. His name was Noah." I said and sighed. "Was?" Caitlin asked and her voice was filled with sadness. "Yeah, was. He died three years ago." I whispered. I looked to the ground and took a deep breath before asking, "What is this for, anyway?" Caitlin and Cisco shared a look. "They are asking you because Cisco is about to breach us on Earth-2." Harry explained behind me and I turned around. "I'm sorry, Earth-2?" I asked. "You never wondered why there's a Harrison Wells doppelganger with the name Harry?" He asked and I shrugged. "Yeah, not really." I answered and he sighed. "We want to find your Earth-2 doppelganger. And Jesse said that it's not gonna be a problem." He looked over to Cisco amd Caitlin. "Why? Does she know her?" Cisco asked and Harry nodded. Then Barry, in his suit, sped into the room and I jumped back because I got startled. "I really have to get used to that." I whispered and Cisco chuckled. "Ready to visit Earth-2?" Barry asked and I shrugged. "Not really." I said whispering. "It's gonna be fun, you see." Cisco said and Caitlin went into the cortex. We followed her. "I'm going to stay here, in case 'Echo' has something to say." Caitlin said and Barry nodded. "Iris is gonna come over later. She's on this story since a few days but I told her to get a break." Barry said and Caitlin nodded. Cisco put his goggles on and opened a portal. Caitlin handed me my jacket and I put it on, almost forgetting it. I smiled at the brunette and she smiled back at me before I turned around to Barry who was getting through the portal. I sighed and followed him quickly. Cisco followed us after.

Harry went into a building with Cisco by his side while Barry and I stayed behind. Mostly because I was looking around. It wasn't everyday that you got to visit another earth. "Dad! Over here." I heard someone yell as I entered the building which seemed like the Star Labs of this earth. My eyes wandered to the woman as she and Harry hugged. I stopped walking as soon as Barry and I reached her and a woman that looked very much like me.

"So, you're Zoe Black?" The brown-haired woman asked and I quickly nodded. "Yeah, hi." I said and smiled friendly. "I'm Jesse Chambers." She introduced herself and send me a warm smile. "Thank you Jesse for doing this. I'm sure it wasn't easy." Barry said and Jesse shrugged it off. "It was, actually. Storm here is one of the few meta-humans that didn't turn evil after the particle accelerator explosion. Even though her powers didn't came from the explosion, right, Storm? " Jesse said.

Then she turned to my doppelganger. Storm looked up and her silver-ish eyes met mine before she nodded. "Right. My powers came from all the experiments that were done on me long before the explosion." I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my hair. "Who did this to you?" I asked and Storm looked back to me. "Some people... doctors my parents sent me to. As a child I was sick, nearly dying because of it. Now, I'm perfectly healthy. All because of Storm." I frowned. "Storm? Who- Who nicknamed you Storm?" I asked and she chuckled. "Those doctors. I remember that I lashed out on them once. With my powers. And since then they've been calling me Storm." She explained and I shortly nodded. "Huh." I simply hummed. "What exactly are your powers?" Barry asked and for a moment I looked up to him. "Time and matter manipulation. As well as telekinesis and teleportation." She said. I sighed. Then Storm's white hair turned brown and her eyes turned blue. It looked like brown suited me. "Jesse, it- um-" She stuttered and Jesse nodded and cut her off. "I know. Tell him I said hi." Jesse said and smiled. "It's this thing I have today. Jesse can answer you whatever question you have. Good luck, Zoe Black." She said and send me a smile before she walked past me.

"So, what do you want to know?" Jesse asked. "Does she have any relations?" I asked. "Well, um, she has a sister named Hayley, her parents died when the accelerator went off and she has a husband whom she's meeting right now." Jesse said and I simply nodded. "And her powers... does she struggle with it?" Barry asked. "Not anymore. After she escaped the doctors she'd has these outlashes where she would just trash things. But she got control over herself with time and Storm has been peaceful ever since." Jesse explained.

"Thank you, Jesse." I said. "No more questions?" The woman asked and I shook my head. "No, I think we have everything." I answered. Harry then went to talk with Jesse while Cisco opened a breach for Barry and me. "You guys go. We're gonna be coming back later." Cisco said and I smiled at him. "Thank you, Cisco." He smiled back at me. "No problem, Storm." He said and  I chuckled. Then Barry and I went back on Earth-1.