44. The everlasting enemy

After I got fully clothed and ready for another day as Central City's secondary hero, I walked into the kitchen where I saw Nora and Barry eating pretty much everything out of the fridge. It's been a month since Barry asked me to marry him and some rogue metas aside, there wasn't much to do lately. Nora's alter ego Ghost spent more and more time with Killer Frost and Storm. Iris finally set up her newspaper to the point where the people of this city appreciated her side of the news and I was proud of her. Cora also finally moved back here and when I wasn't Storm, I spent my days with her, Barry and Nora. And I loved those days.

I walked up to Barry, gave him a quick kiss before I made myself coffee and ate the last of the scrambled eggs that one of the two speedsters made. My eyes suddenly flashed before they turned silver and I turned around unintentionally. "Storm?" Barry asked and I nodded, again unintentionally because I was not in control. Storm was. "Can we talk?" My eyes shifted to Nora and a sigh escaped my lips. "Alone." Storm added.

The next thing I knew was that we were at the West house on the porch. Storm let me take over again and I opened my eyes to see Barry sitting next to me, holding my hands. "So, um, Thawne visited you multiple times?" Barry asked and I was waiting for him to be mad or something because it was Thawne but he maintained a worried face. "He helped us, defeating Mania. He gave me that remote that day." I said and Barry looked down.

"Barr, I do this because I have to find out his next moves. Okay? I just... I can't let this end like the last time we went up against him." I whispered and put my hand under his chin and made him look at me. "I trust you and I love you, but please don't endanger yourself more." He said and rubbed my wrists with his thumbs. "He fears your powers, he fears Storm. What if he hurts you?" He said and I smiled softly. "Barr, I love you, but you do realize that I could take a speedster on my own?" I asked with a smirm and received a chuckle. "You are a powerful being I admit that, but a speedster? Really?" He chuckled and I teleported us to Star Labs' speed lab. "Zoe..." Barry said softly and walked up to me. I teleported behind him and raised my hand and watched him rising up in the air too. "You made your point, Zoe." Barry said with a chuckle as I turned him to my side. "Yeah? I'm not so sure." I smiled widely and let him down.

He walked up to me and put his arms around me before he put his lips on mine, kissing me softly. I put my hands on his cheeks before I teleported us back into our apartment. When we arrived there, I pulled away from my fiancé and then walked into the kitchen to find it clean and with a note on the kitchen counter.

Cora and I are gonna spend the together. Love you both. - Nora.

I put my power dampering necklace in my Storm jacket before I frowned and pulled it back. I looked at it again for a long moment with a frown on my face.

"Mom? Are you okay?" Nora asked worried and I nodded, looking up from the necklace. "Yes. Sure. Hey, um, can I ask you something... about Thawne?" She frowned before she nodded her head. "How come he never just left Iron Heights?" I asked and Nora ran her fingers through her brown hair.

"It- It was said that Sam Cage build something with the help of an unknown citizen that was able to weaken one's powers." She answered and I hummed before I nodded shortly. Then we both got a message on our phones that was send by Cisco, demanding us both at Star Labs.

Nora raced there while I teleported myself into the cortex where I found the other members of Team Flash. "You guys okay?" Cisco asked and I raised my brow. "I have this thing that I need to take care of with Storm." I said and sighed before my eyes flashed silver.

"Right on time, huh?" Cisco asked and Storm snapped. "Hey, mind your own business, all right?" She said and Cisco backed away. "They're fighting because Zoe met Thawne more than once while Zoe wore the power dampering necklace." Barry said and then I was shut off.