Chapter 38

Amelia Preston

It's been a week since the last time I've heard from Jason. I tried calling and texting him a million times, all he did was leave my messages on delivered. I don't know what I did for him to just disappear on me. It was literally a few days before the dinner at the palace to confess to everyone about me and Jason's relationship. I hope he didn't get cold feet on me. I frowned sitting here listening to Affonso ramble on about this dumb wedding that I have no interest in. "I think we should have the wedding in the gardens of the palace and it should sit about six hundred guest." I faintly smiled and nodded just to show that I was listening but in reality Jason took over my thoughts.

"Princesa are you listening?" Affsono said waving his hand in front of my face to grab my attention. I almost smacked his hand out of my face but I had to compose myself. "Oh sorry Affonso, I'm just a little drowsy that's all." I polite said back pushing a strand of hair behind my ears. "You better get all the rest you can because the night of our honeymoon is going to be the best night of your life." He said winking at me. Yuck. I couldn't even imagine losing my womanhood to someone like him. I was saving myself for Jay. I scrunched my face up in disgust at him. "One step at a time sweetie..." He really is such a turn off, even if Jason wasn't in my life I still would refuse to marry him. Affonso is a very attractive man don't get me wrong, he's just not my type. Affonso frowned a little bit while grabbing my left hand examining the little diamond on my finger. "Anything for you my sweet." I have to find Jason immediately.

—-

After dealing with Affonso and the annoying wedding plans, I had to go find Baba to talk to her. I walked down the long hallway in the palace leading to one of the sitting rooms hoping that she'll be there. But instead I found my father and Affonso having a conversation in the sitting room. I hid behind the wall just to ease drop.

"She's still giving me the cold shoulder your highness

"She's still giving me the cold shoulder your highness." Affonso sighed in frustration.
"Well try harder you idiot my daughter isn't hard to please." My father barked back at him.
"Im trying as hard as I can. I'm starting to believe that there's someone else in her life." I inwardly laughed to myself. He's definitely right.
"It can't be, Amelia never goes outside the palace unaccompanied so she can't meet anyone." My father is a fool for believing that. Eventually I was going to escape these walls of the palace all by myself. I'm not a prisoner, I am a nineteen year old girl.
"I don't know what to do. She's very stubborn and hard to get through to. I'm even trying to speed up the process of the wedding planning, but she won't budge." He said while combing his fingers through his dark colored locks. "Relax Affonso even if she likes you or not she still has no choice to marry you. She has no say so, I know what's best for this kingdom. But if she doesn't still help out with the wedding planning take matters into your own hands. Be a man!" My father spat with authority. "How do you expect to be King if you can't even put your foot down with Amelia!"
"I'm trying my hardest. But you're right, I'm going to plan the damn wedding myself if she doesn't cooperate with me. I know you're preparing to step down from the throne in the upcoming months. So I'm gonna do my very best to speed up the process." Affonso said strolling around with his hands in pockets.
"Yes indeed. Do what you have to do." My father said slightly coughing.
I clenched my jaw and shook my head. I'm going to rebel against this. It's time for me to take matters in my own hands. One thing Jason did teach me that I need to stand up for myself. That's exactly what I'm going to do