1

"Mum! I don't have what to wear to school today. Come help me find one." I called out, from my room. I love shouting. People don't like associating with me because of that, but I don't care.

That's a lie.

I care alot about how other people think of me. I don't know why. I'm a nice girl. My best friend is just the opposite of me. Although she hates it when I scream. According to her,it blocks her eardrums.

"Honey, I'm coming. I need to finish up with the pancakes." She replied from the kitchen. I could smell the pancakes from here. My mum's pancakes are worth dying for. I've skipped school because I was eating her pancakes and totally forgot that I had to go to school. Silly me. I'm naturally silly.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

"Come in. It's open." I said,bringing out the clothes from my closet. I have a ton of clothes but I find it very difficult to get a perfect cloth to wear. My mum calls it the too-much-cloth-syndrome. She's the one that buys it for me so,I just laugh whenever she says that.

"Raven,your room is in a mess. Are you having your too-much-cloth-syndrome again? I think it's time for you to give some of them to charity. What do you think?" She asked, searching through my ton of clothes for the perfect one. My mum also loves perfection. We have a lot of things in common.

"Well,what I think is that I'm not giving my clothes to anyone. It's not so much. I think I still need more." I said, trying to avoid the look she was already giving me. My mum's looks could kill.

"What about this one? It's going to look good on you." She said, showing me a white camisole and a blue denim jeans with a black leather jacket. She did it again. She ignored what I said before. That's her way of saying 'you're on your own.' Looking at the dress she brought out for me,it doesn't look that bad. I wonder how she does it. Anytime I look for a cloth to wear, I end up finding nothing. But when she does it,it always turns out perfect. Hmph! I have a lot of things to learn from her.

"It's not bad. I'll wear it. Thank you mum." I said, kissing her on her cheek and opening the door for her to leave. I love my privacy. I don't like dressing in front of people. I'm crazy.

Rolling her eyes,she said, "I don't know what you're hiding. Get dressed quickly,if not you'll be late for school." As she was leaving my room,she was murmuring some things to herself but I couldn't care less because I'm already used to it. I still have like 15minutes to spare so I don't think I should be in a hurry. The school is going to wait for me.

*****************
"Mum!!! I'm off to school. Arianna is already here to pick me up. See you later." I shouted,packaging two of the pancakes she left on the table that I assume are mine.

Seeing my best friend's car parked on the porch,I knew she had been waiting for God knows how long. She loves me too much that she doesn't mind waiting an hour for me.

"It's about time you showed up. I thought you were going to have your classes in there." She said, as she was starting the car. Arianna has been my friend since birth. We were born on the same day. Maybe that was God's way of saying we were meant to be best friends.

"I'm sorry Ari. I had the usual problem. How long have you been here?" I asked,stuffing my mouth with one of the pancakes.

"10minutes,I guess. Any luck with Jason?" She asked, stealing my other pancake. She also loves my mum's pancakes.

"No. No luck. I think I'm going to give up. Maybe we weren't destined to be friends." I said sadly. Jason is my neighbour I've been trying to talk to for years but keeps avoiding me. I don't know what else to do. Maybe he doesn't like skinny girls. Or maybe he hates girls that bear the name 'Raven'. I wish I could change my name,if that's what it would take for him to talk to me. I really like him.

"Don't worry. It's going to be alright. He'll come around someday." She said,locking her hands with mine. She has a way of making me feel better. She's my better half in female version.

"Thank you. You need to speed up if not,we're going to be extremely late." I said,rubbing my oily hands on my hair. I love doing that. I do alot of crazy things.

"Yes ma'am." She said,stealing annoying glances at me.

Best friends are for life☺☺

Please comment🤓🤓