7

"Mum,would you please knock on the door? My fingers are about to give up on me. I think they are exhausted" I exclaimed. I think I'm petrified. I don't think,I know. But why? I am just going for a friendly dinner with the neighbours. Is it too late to cancel? I don't think I can do this.

"Are you sure you're ok? You are sweating profusely and the weather is chilly. So I see no reason why you should be sweating this much. I've never seen you like this. Is there something you're not telling me? I don't know you to be scared of meeting people,so there has to be something wrong." She queried. She looked very serious. I thought I could wave it off but I think I'm wrong. She doesn't look happy at all. She looks sad,worried and angry at the same time. Did I cause that?

"Mum I'm fine. I'm just tired,that's all. You dont have anything to be worried about. So I think you should wipe that frown off your face. I don't think you want our wonderful neigbours to see you looking lookling so bothered about NOTHING. When I say I'm fine,you have to belive me. So do you mind? I exclaimd,pointing at the door beckoning on her to knock on it.

"Are you sure you want me to do this? We could go back if you want. She questioned.

"Muuum! please I'm fine" I confirmed. My mum's question was already beginning to annoy mee. I wanted to knock on the door because I was getting impatient and in the process I  might break down their door which I dont think would be a good way to introduce ourselves formally.

******************

"So Raven,your mum tells me you attend Webster High. Thats a good thing because my son,Jason also goes there. I'm pretty sure you both must have met each other. Raven! Raven!! Raven!!!

"Yeah" I shouted and slammed my hand on the table making everyone to look at me in shock and surprise. I looked over to where my mum was sitting,which was opposite me and the look on her face was very displeasing and furious. I wonder how she is able to put on diffrent facial expressions on one face. Thats a gift.

Raven! Focus. you just caused a disaster on the table.

I dont know what made me do that. Ever since we came in,I've been horrified and terrified at the same time. My palms were extremely sweaty. Thank God for the  black gown I was wearing. Jason didnt even help matters. Immediately he opened the door and saw my face,he went upstairs,which I guess should be leading to his room. I felt dejected,downcast and fearful. It was like I had a disesase that was contagious and he had to run away from me. My mum didnt notice any of this because she ran off to go talk to his mum. She left me standing at the door of a house I'm not familiar with. I wish all wishes came through because right now I wish I could open the floor to swallow me. I want to go back home. I wish I had said yes when she asked me. Alot of wishes.

The looks on their faces was enough to kill me. I wonder what's going through Jason's mind. Maybe he'll be laughing at me or saying bad things about me. Why?

"Raven can you please respect yourself?" My mum said through gritted teeth. Why is she disturbed? Why is she mad at me? She's the one that left me to go talk to someone. I know what I did wasn't pleasing, but she shouldn't showcase her anger here. I'm also angry at myself for what I did. 

"I'm sorry. I was thinking about something,some school work. I didn't hear you call me. I was really deep in thoughts. This isn't how I behave normally. Please let's pretend like it never happened. What were you talking to me about?" I elaborated. Really? School work? Is that what you could come up with,you brain? Raven! I mentally slapped myself. I'm sure Jason is going to be laughing at me so hard.

*******************

Ok. So that didn't end well. I regret ever going there. I knew things won't go on fine. He didn't even say anything to me. He just kept stealing glances at me. I'm sure he'll tell the whole school of how illmannered I am. That would give him more reason not to talk to me.

Great! Just great!

My mum has been murmuring things to herself. She's frustrated and mad at me,she shouldn't make it obvious by mishandling the innocent plates jn the kitchen.But why is she making it look like that's how I behave normally? She's meant to know that I was under some pressure. Well she has to calm down before I'll apologise to her. I don't want her to come throwing things at me. I still love how smooth my face is.

Ari on the other hand was fast asleep when we got back. She must had got tired of waiting. My baby! Anyway it's a good thing she's sleeping because my makeup and hair is in a total mess. The eyeliner is all over my face. My eyebrows don't look good either. I wouldn't want her to regret making me look good. And the last thing I want is for her to get mad at me. I'm still trying to deal with my mum.

Right now,I'm trying to clean up my face of the makeup but the heaviness of my eyes aren't allowing me. Well mother nature always has the last say. So who am I to change it?

Okaaaay. So the DINNER didn't end well. Hmph! It's all for the best.

Please don't forget to vote and also comment💋💋👄👄

See you in the next chapter.🤓🤓🤓