15

Jason's pov.

I had to say something. I didn't want her to feel like I was going to talk to her just because we were paired up for an assignment. In as much as I really want to talk with her, I can't. It's not that I don't want to, I just can't. No one would understand why I'm doing what I'm doing. Even my parents think I'm overreacting. I just had to come up with something. So I decided to write a note to her. I had to think of all the awful things I could write to her. I had to write those things so that she would stay away from me because I'm pretty sure that she stills thought I was going to talk with her. She just has to understand that we can't be friends. No one can change that. Now I feel like a monster for writing those hurtful things but what would I had done. I can't help but think of how she would be feeling right now.

Raven's pov

He was right when he said I would be in tears because right now I couldn't control the way the tears were gushing out of my eyes. I felt so stupid. Here I was thinking this was going to be the opportunity for me to talk with him. Little did I know that he hated me. Despised me. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I were dead. Well it's all for the best.

"Raven, would you please stop hurting yourself? At least you know he's not interested in talking with you. If he can't see how great a person you are, then I think I'll have to recommend an optician for him. You're good. You're loving. You're everything good. So don't let some dude tell you the opposite. I'll always love you, no matter what happens. So would you mind cleaning those eyes of yours and let's get you some good food?" Ari spoke. What? What on earth would I do without her?

"Thanks Ari. Even though your words didn't make me feel 100% okay, I'm still very grateful. I love you so much." I said, squeezing her into a tight hug. Thinking about it, where was my mum when all this show happened? Did she leave? Or is she eavesdropping as usual? "Um Ari, did my mum come in here when everything was going on?" I asked,making my way towards the bathroom to wash the dried tears off my face. I can't believe I cried for Jason😢

"I don't think so. She should be around somewhere. The fact that she came back home quite early might mean she's busy, maybe trying to finish up with something." She insisted. Whatever my mum is up to, I'm sure it's for good.

After washing my face, I looked in the mirror that was opposite me and I saw how red and puffy my eyes were looking. All for trying to be a nice and loving neighbour. As I came out of the bathroom, I see Ari typing and smiling to her phone. What could she be up to this time around? She is really full of surprises. I hope she isn't planning on killing someone. Probably Jason. I think I would like that. Would I?

Out of curiosity, I decided to ask, "Ari whom are you talking with that is making your face look like an overripe tomato?" I asked, cleaning my face there by making me not see how scared she was because I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was standing there.

"No-No one. When did you get in here?" She stuttered and at the same time, hiding her phone from someone because I don't think it's me she's hiding it from. She knows I could just go over and hijack the phone from her but I don't think I have that strength. Come to think of it. Ari doesn't stutter. I mean she doesn't. She's obviously talking to a guy.

"Maybe like 5minutes ago and I came to a conclusion that you're talking with a guy. I'm not asking you to tell me who it is because I know you won't tell me. But if anything goes wrong, don't hesitate to call on me. I'm always here for you." I said,smiling at her. I didn't even know when those words came out of my mouth. I guess after everything, she's the only one I can talk to. Well, apart from my mum.

I expected to hear a reply but I didnt. I shifted my attention from what I was doing to Ari and I was surprised to see that she was smiling at me. Well the smile says it all. I was right.

Later in the evening.

Ari left 10minutes later. She saw that I wasn't in the mood to have a bestie chat with her and she took it as her cue to leave. It's not like I wanted her to leave. I wasn't just feeling it and I'm sure she isn't happy but what would I do? This note just made me so weak. Well I need to start doing the assignment. No time.

What do you think?

Good or Bad

Interesting or Boring

Please don't forget to vote and also comment

See you in the next chapter.