3

"You what?" Arianna asked me as we were approaching the cafeteria. I was seriously starving. I just told her what happened with me and Mrs Heather. The rest of the classes I had were very awkward because I didn't say anything to anyone. The fact that everyone had seen me embarrass myself made me keep to myself.

Arianna wasn't in any of my classes,so I was like one my own. As usual,Jason didn't say anything to me. I really need to stop caring about when he'll talk to me. It's obviously never going to happen. I've tried talking with him for 5years so I don't think today would make any difference.

"Yea. I sat down beside him." I said, trying to sound very enthusiastic about it. The thought of him being friends with almost everyone and not with me baffles me every time I think of it. I'm a nice girl. I'm very friendly. Some of his friends are also my friends. So I don't just get it.

"So did anything happen between you guys? Any physical contact? Anything?" She asked, evidence of eagerness in her voice. She loves things like this. It's funny how she doesn't like any guy. I just hope she's not a lesbian. I've never seen her have eyes for a guy before.

"Nothing happened Arianna. If anything new happens, you'll be the first to know. So calm down and let's go eat before lunch time is over. I'm starving. The pancakes I ate didn't hold me for long. So......" I said, dragging her so that we could get our food quickly. The only thing I'll miss about my school if I leave is the cafeteria. The foods being served are perfectly cooked. I'm very happy that they were very sensible enough to have our stomachs at heart.

"Yes ma'am." She said, rolling her eyes at me. She's such a baby.

After school.

"I'm so tired Ari. Would you stay with me? I'm really going to need some company. My mum won't be at home,so if you just drop me off,I'll be left all alone till when my mum decides to show up which I'm very sure,would be late at night." I said, giving her my puppy eyes. It always works on her. I'm currently in her car on my way home. She hasn't said anything since we left school. I'm sure she's as tired as I am. Driving isn't easy. That's why I told my mum not to get me a car because if she does,I'm definitely going to bash the car on the first day I get it. I'm that careless and at the same time, lazy.

"Ok. I actually need a good sleep. Today's classes just took away all the energy I had in me." She said, tiredly. I guessed right. She's as tired as I am.

Later in the evening.

"Raven honey,you look tired. Was school so bad today?" My mum asked me, waking me up from my sweet sleep with her loud shouts. I don't know if I should say my mum took after me in shouting or I took after her. We shout like mad people. Thank God,we're the only ones living here. If not,people would had referred us to an asylum.

"Mum! You woke me up. I was having a very nice dream that you just spoilt." I said,rubbing my eyes to see her properly. Ari must had left because I looked around my room and saw no one.

"I'm sorry baby. I was calling your name from the living room and when I didn't hear any response,I decided to come here. How was school today?" She asked, removing her shoes in my room. My mum does her personal stuffs in my room and I do the same with hers. We behave like sisters.

"School wasn't fine mum. So please,can I go back to sleep now? I'm very tired." I said, using the duvet to cover myself properly,already preparing to continue with my dream.

"Yes,you can. Just that,I just spoke with our next door neighbours and they invited us for dinner this weekend at their house. Cool right? We've never had a decent conversation before. And she made mention of her son,maybe you guys could be friends." She said, nudging me and smiling mischievously at me.

"What! Dinner? This weekend? At their house?" Hearing that made the sleep in my eyes to vanish. The only thing that was in my mind was that I'll be going to Jason's house. The Jason that hasn't talked to me in 5years. My mum has got to be kidding me. Really?

"Honey,is there any problem? You look troubled. Don't you want to go? I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun." She said, still smiling mischievously at me. My mum seriously needs to grow up.

"No,there is no problem. I want to go. I'm very happy to meet her son." I said, smiling like everything was alright. I can't tell her that he's been avoiding me. If I tell her, she'll say there's nothing to worry about it. That I should find someone else to talk to. I really want to know what is going on with him.

"Ok. If you say so. I really need a nap. See you tomorrow." She said and kissed me goodnight. My mum doesn't do naps. She sleeps like forever. Sometimes,I think she's pregnant with the way she sleeps.

Immediately she left my room, I stood up from my bed and started pacing back and forth with one thing on my mind.

I might finally get to talk with Jason.

Don't forget to vote and also comment💗💖💓💝❣

Love you guys😚😚