10

"So are you going to answer me or not,Ari? Did you think I'll let it slide? Hell No. So spill it baby because mama is here to listen." I began. We just returned from school and I must say, I'm famished. It's like there's a hole in my body that someone called school, is using to suck all my energy. I can't take it anymore. Are they trying to kill me? I wish I could go back to being a baby. Everybody loved me,well except my runaway dad that left my mum when he found out that she was pregnant. According to him,he said he wasn't ready and I'm like,why did you have unprotected sex? Thinking and talking about him pisses me off. That's  the craziest thing I've ever heard from a man. Ugh! Anyway it's a good thing he left. I couldn't be happier than I am right now with my mum and Ari. They've been the best and I'm sure they'll always be.

Back to Ari,I'm hellbent on wanting to know the deal with Andrew. I can't believe my bestfriend likes somebody. It has always been my dream for her to tell me about a guy she likes and I think my dream is going to come true. I can't wait to hear it from her mouth. Yippy!

"There's no deal with him,Rave." She confirmed. It's very obvious that she's lying because she's staring at my wardrobe,muttering some things to herself. I can't remember asking her to look for clothes for me. She's just embarrassed and nervous,which is quite normal. Quite in the sense that Ari isn't the type to feel embarrassed. She's fearless so for her to feel that way right now, that means something is up and I must find out what it is.

Standing up to get to her side,I said "Look Ari, it's fine for you to be shy. You're a human being so it's bound to happen. You'll have to admit your feelings to him someday. But you haven't still answered my question tho. Do you like him?" I repeated,taking her hands in mine. I want her to feel free to tell me anything. Anything at all. Good or bad. She's my bestfriend and she shouldn't be embarrassed when she's with me. I'll always be by her side the way she has always been by my side.

Looking at her,I seems like she's struggling to say that one word. It looks like she's having a debate in her head. It is actually fun watching her behave like this. But why is she having a problem in telling me if she likes him or not? Glancing at her again,she looks calm. Breathing is normal again. Her legs aren't quivering. Her palms aren't sweaty like before. Everything is okay. Well,I think.

I'm just going to give her time. I know that when she's ready to tell me,she would. So I let go of her hand and was about to head back to the bed but she pulled into a tight hug. This kind of hug was different from the others. She hugged me like we weren't  going to see each other for a long time. It felt like she was trying to apologize for something. Something that she didn't want to say.

Pulling out of the hug,she looked at me with teary eyes and said "I'm sorry Rave. I'm sorry for not trusting you. The thing is I don't want you to judge me. You know I've never told you if I like any guy or not. It's because I thought you'll think of me as those cheesy girls at school that would do anything for a guy to notice her." She cried on my shoulders.

I can't believe Ari,the most fearless person I know is crying. I never thought the word 'cry' existed in her dictionary. All of these is making me smile because she's loosening up gradually. She always plays the tough kid at school. No one gets in her way. It's not like they're scared of her but she loves being treated with respect. The thing is she hates being taken for granted. No one does.

Lifting her head off my shoulder to meet with her eyes,I spoke "Ari,I would never judge you. Never Ever. You're not just my bestfriend but you're like a sister to me and it's like judging my sister. That's something I would never do. I really need to trust me to tell me anything. Anything at all. And I would never think of you as those cheesy girls at school. I know who you are so it's going to be very stupid of me to think of you as such. I love you so much. I want you to know that." I finished,wiping off the tears from her eyes that were about to drop. I hate seeing anyone I love,cry. It makes me want to cry too and I need to be strong for her.

"Thank you so much for being my bestfriend. I don't know what I would had done without you. I love you so much. And to answer your question, yes I like him. I like like him." She blushed and covered her face in embarrassment and threw herself on my bed. She looks like an over-ripe tomato right now with the way she's blushing. Finally,she said the word I've been wanting to hear.

"So when did you start liking him? I want to know everything. What do you like about him? Do you stalk him when I'm not around? My ears are eager to take in a new piece of information. So spill it." I commanded,smiling at how happy my bestfriend looked right now.

Who's crying with me?😥😥😥

I wish I had a bestfriend like that.😪😪

Don't forget to vote and also comment.❤❣❤❣

See you in the next chapter.🖤💜🖤