24

Jason's pov

I can't believe what just happened in front of me. Raven got hit by a car. A fucking car and I fucking caused it. Why? This is exactly what I've been trying to avoid for 5years and its finally here. Getting her hurt really bad. I can't even go over to where the accident occurred because I don't think I would be able to withstand it. I'm a human being and not a robot so I'm meant to also  have feelings. Why didn't I just go on with avoiding her? Oh God. This is all my fault,AGAIN.
I finally had the courage to leave my car and I walked very slowly to where she was lying down. Alot of things were going on in my head. Is she dead? Is she alive? What would her mum say about it? Would she hate me? Would her bestfriend hate me? Would my parents think I'm cursed? Because that's exactly how I feel right now.

I went down on my knees and held her hands which were already cold. Does that mean she's dead? I put two of my fingers on her wrist trying to check her pulse but I didn't feel anything. Maybe I don't know how to check someone's pulse. That should be it. I looked up to the sky and mentally started asking God some questions that I know I wouldn't have answers to.   I need to know why God is letting all these things happen to me. What have I done wrong?

"Excuse me sir, we'll need you to move back a bit. We have to take her to the hospital right now. She has lost alot of blood already and staying here a minute more, would endanger her life." One of the paramedics announced. Not only did they come here late, they also don't know what to do to help stop her from bleeding profusely. Are they interns? I wasted no time in stepping back a little because the sight of her in her own pool of blood was making me cringe. I turned my face around and walked groggily to my car, took out my car keys, closed the door and made my way to the ambulance because I couldn't drive. My legs and hands were giving up on me and driving with those disabilities would obviously and definitely cause an accident and in as much as I'll love to be in the same hospital as Raven, I wouldn't want to loose my parents. They won't freak out. They'll just kill themselves. They wouldn't want to waste any time.

"Um......Sir, you can't follow us. We don't know who you are and.........." What the fuck does this dude think he's saying? I didn't need to say anything to him because my facial expression did the talking. I quickly made me way to the back of the ambulance and sat down on one of the empty seats I saw. Lying before me was a pale looking Raven. If I didn't know her, I would think she's dead. The white top she was wearing was already red. There was no part of the cloth that was white. It's that bad. I lifted my hand to touch her pale face and realised how innocent she looks and I made it my goal to make sure that she gets perfectly healed.

The ride to the hospital was silent. It's not that I was expecting anyone to say anything to me. My mind began to race to alot of things. I couldn't even focus on thinking on one thing. I was still thinking of how I'll break the news to her mum and her best friend. To call them? To send them a message? To wait for them at home? I didn't know what to do. I decided to look out of the window to distract myself from thinking. I fought back the tears that were already forming in my eyes. I have to be strong for her and myself.

Minutes later we arrived at the hospital,a place I thought I would never be in anytime soon but here I am,sitted in one of the metal thingy that people classify as chairs. In as much as I hate the smell of hospital, I sucked up whatever hate I was carrying in my heart and waited for the doctor to come tell me Raven's condition. As I looked around the hospital, I noticed that it's more of pregnant women that were seated obviously waiting for a doctor or a nurse. Turning my face to a door that read "emergency", I started playing with my fingers and also praying in my mind that the doctor would come with a positive news because I don't think I can handle any more bad news because I'm going to just break down. I took out my phone from my pocket and decided that I just have to tell Arianna what has happened because I'm sure she'll be worried and bothered. She'll still get to know eventually so why not tell her now? I dialled her number and clicked on the call button and after about 3rings, she answered. Here goes nothing.

Arianna's pov.

I haven't seen Raven today. I don't know if I should call her. I know she's angry with me for not coming to pick her up this morning but stuffs happened but how angry would she be that she wouldn't show up at school? Or did she decide to skip school? That's something that Raven Clarke wouldn't do. I had better go home and check what she's up to. "Miss Banks, please I would like to go to the school clinic. I'm not feeling too well." I said  in my friendly voice. I wouldn't say I lied but I'm actually not going to the school clinic. This is the only opportunity I can get to go and check up on Raven. I'm already regretting coming to school today because all the lessons I've had so far have been boring. I don't think I can make out what any of the teachers have taught. Yea, it's that bad. At least when I get home, I can fill Raven on what happened yesterday night.

"Yes,you may. Get well soon dear." She agreed and I wasted no time in getting my bag on my back and made my way out of the class. To be honest, I felt like a bad kid that was skipping class and the others weren't allowed to do so. When I made it to the hallway, I looked around to see if there were any teachers hanging around because I'm being caught leaving school, I'm so going to be dead. When I realised there were no teachers, I ran to my car and sped off.
      10minutes later.......

"What do you mean by you didn't see her in school?" Raven's mum interrogated me and I must say, it's not in a nice way. When I got here, I asked her if she has seen Raven this morning and she told me she has gone to school and I had to ask myself which school she was talking about because I'm pretty sure we both attend the same school. So I told her that I didn't see Raven in school and I'm beginning not to find this funny.

"I haven't seen her in school today. I checked her classes and she wasn't there. I also asked some people that know her and they also told me the same thing so I figured that she might be home." I explained. I also took that time to look around to see if she might come out from somewhere because the Raven I know sure loves to play games. I'll be the greatest liar on earth if I said I wasn't panicking. Where could she be? What could have happened? I looked at her mum to see if she was as scared as I was and I think she's worse. She quickly picked her phone that was on the couch and started dialling some numbers and out of curiosity I asked "who are you calling?" and she replied "Raven". Oh! I totally forgot to do that. What a smart thing i did. The look on her face now shows that she didnt get across to her and I was right because she whispered "she's not picking." Holy Mother of God, please protect your daughter wherever she is right now. I prayed in my heart but the vibration of my phone stopped me from doing so and without looking at the caller ID, I answered

"hello! Who is this?"

"It's.....um Jason." The person said.

"Uh..hi..." what else could I had said? Imagine receiving a call from someone you don't expect when you're terrified.

"She had an accident. Please come to Sterling hospital." He commanded and before I could say anything, the line went dead.

WHAT!!!!!!

Please don't forget to vote and also comment. Thank you for making it this far. I love you. ❤💛🧡🖤💙

Would He Ever Talk To Me? ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें