14

"Jason came looking for you." I heard my mum say as I got into the house. Two things surprised me: she came back home quite early and which Jason is she talking about? I'm pretty sure it's not the Jason that has been avoiding me. Well, I'm just going to pretend like I don't know who she is talking about. It's definitely going to work.

"Which Jason?" I asked, trying to play the dumb game.

"The neighbour's son. The Jason that attends the same school as you. The Jason you embarrassed yourself infront of at the DINNER. The Jason that.............." She continued blabbing but I had to stop her.

"I get it, mum. What did he want?" I asked, not wanting to show how surprised and happy I was. She's definitely going to know that something is up.

"I thought you wanted to play the dumb game with me. You know I'm always a pro when it comes to that. Anyways, he dropped this note for you." She said, pointing to the counter where the note was. Why am I scared of going to collect it? Why do I feel that what is written in the 'note' isn't going to be pleasant to the ears? Screw you! I'm so going to collect the note and read it but not here. I don't want my mum peeping.

Immediately I got the note, I quickly walked to my room, closed the door and AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I really needed that shout. I was able to express myself through that. I was happy that he came looking for me and I was sad that he didn't wait to see me. Maybe he finally wanted to start talking with me. Maybe he wants to apologize for the way he's been treating me this years. Ha! Ari said he'll come around and she was right. I need to call her and tell her this 'Good' news. I'm pretty sure she'll be as happy as I am right now.

You're getting too happy for no reason. Have you bothered checking what the note said? What if it says something else?

Neh! There's no point in checking. It's definitely going to be what I'm thinking.

*********************
"Have you opened the note to see what it says?" Ari asked me after I told her everything and I didn't get the kind of enthusiasm I was expecting. She just smiled a little. There's something wrong somewhere. I don't need a soothsayer to tell me this.

"Ari, what's wrong? You don't look good." I questioned,tuning down the happiness that I had in me.

"My monthly visitor came an hour after I got home and it's paining me badly. I thought it was meant to come the day after tomorrow. No problem tho. What were you saying?" She asked, looking like she was about to go into labour. What a bestfriend I've been.

"I'm so sorry, Ari. If i had known, I wouldn't had let you come. Whatever I was saying can wait. You need to rest. You look like you want to die and I'm pretty sure I don't want that." I said,arranging my bed properly for her to lie on.

"Thanks alot, Raven. I really need that. I'm sorry about the way I was acting. I just didnt want to tell you because I didn't want it to feel like I didn't want to listen to you." She said,wincing at the menstrual cramps. How I hate being a girl! It's so..................Okay, that should be a discussion for another day.

"It's all good Ari. I'm meant to be the one apologizing for not being a good bestfriend. Like I said before,get some rest. When you're perfectly okay, we can talk about Jason." I said, already imagining what was inside the note.

******************
I patiently waited for Ari to wake up because I badly wanted to open the note. I felt like something wasn't just right. I'm currently stuffing my mouth with some popcorn while TRYING to watch a movie. I don't even know the name of the movie. I'm just staring at the pictures. I'm doing all this to make the time run faster but looking at the wallclock right now, it's like the hands of the clock didn't move.

Ari, please wake up!

As if on cue, I heard her call my name in a whisper.

Thank you Jesus!

"Yea! How was your nap?" I questioned, eagerly wanting her to answer the question and ask me about the note. Am I being selfish? It's a dream of mine for the past 5years for Jason to talk to me and it's finally about to happen.

"Have you opened the note?" She asked, ignoring my question. Well, thank you Ari.

"I haven't. I was kinda waiting for you to wake up. I was scared of opening it." I admitted, playing with my fingers and mentally wishing this question and answer session would be over. Urgh!!!

I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't know when Ari got the note from where it was and opened it. But judging from her facial expression right now, it's obvious that the contents of the note aren't good. Or maybe she's just trying to play with me.

"Um Rave, I don't think you'll like what the note says. Are you sure it was Jason that dropped this note?" She asked, her eyes still fixed on the note. I guess she was still reading the note because her eyes grew wider as she was reading it.

"Well i can remember my mum saying 'Jason, the neighbour's son'.  Is everything okay? What does the note say?" I asked,my heart was beating faster than normal. What's wrong with me? Jason is just a human being like me so why am I getting myself worked up?

"I think you should see it for yourself." She said,handing over the note to me. Why am I scared to collect it?

Opening the note, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. At a point I began to think if it was another Jason that sent me this note. Why would he say these things to me? I haven't done anything to him.

"Concerning the assignment, don't bother waiting for me. We're going to do the assignment separately. I wonder what that woman was thinking when she paired you up with me. I'm sure you were thinking we were going to do the assignment together. Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart but I can't do the assignment with you. I can't stand seeing you. The sight of you makes me uncomfortable. I don't like you Raven. I hope that's your name. So stop trying to get to talk to me because it won't work. Leave me alone. I'm sure you're already in tears now. I didn't mean to make you cry. Bye. See you never......

Jason😡😡😡😡

I'm beginning to hate you😠😠

Please don't forget to vote and also comment.

Thanks

See you in the next chapter...