9

Lunch time.

We're currently walking into the cafeteria like two jolly birds. I couldn't stop smiling because there was one thing on my mind that made me smile. I didn't know about Ari tho. She's also smiling. I must say,her smile is wider than mine. I've never seen her smile like this. I really need to find out what happened. I can't be left out of this happiness.

Taking a seat at the back of the cafeteria, I asked her "Ari,you smiled all the way here. Is there something you're not telling me?" I poked her on her left arm and smiled like she already told me the good news. I can be a pest when I want to be one. She didn't answer me, instead she took in a large chunk of her mashed potatoes. Is she really snubbing me? She knows I hate that. That's one thing that if any one does to me,it's going to take a while before I talk to the person again. It makes me feel unwanted. It makes it look like I'm bothering the person. She had better not do that.

Taking away her mashed potatoes from her,I repeated myself but this time, I increased my voice a little "Ari,you smiled all the way here. Is there something you're not telling me?" I made sure I emphasised on the 'something' so that she'll know how serious I am.

"I heard you the first time,missy. I wanted to get something in my stomach first because I was so hungry.   You don't need to look like you want to explode. You know I can't snub you. Talking about your question,I think I should be the one asking you that because you're the person that started the smiling thingy. There's nothing you need to know,I just mirrored your action. So it's my turn to ask,what's up?" She questioned,stealing some mashed potatoes from me since I seized hers. She really loves food. It's a good thing the food she eats are going to the right places unlike me.

"Don't call me missy." I whined,folding my arms across my chest. Missy sounds like sissy and I'm not a sissy.

"Ok ma'am. Don't try to deviate from what I asked you. I need all the details, so spill it." She commanded. Okay! She caught me there. I actually wanted to avoid answering that. How would I tell her that the reason I was smiling is because Andrew walked me to class? She's going to freak out,I think. She hasn't shown her interest in any guy before.

"Well,Andrew walked me to class this morning." I announced. Thank God,it's out. It felt like a huge ball in my mouth. I didn't want to see her facial expression so I just started eating out of her mashed potatoes since she successfully took mine. I was so engrossed in the food that I didn't know that she was sitting very close to me. We were sitting opposite each other but now,she's sitting very very close to me that our bodies were touching. This can only signify one thing that I pray it's not it.

"You mean the hot,muscular,soccer player Andrew walked you to class. I don't want to believe that. Tell me you're joking." She squeaked in my ear that for a moment,I thought I lost the ability to hear. This is what I was praying not to happen. This sudden excitement. What's so special about him? He just has a good body,that's all. He's not as fine as Jason. Did I............? I really need to stop comparing any guy I see to Jason. He's not going to ever talk to me,not to talk  of having anything to do with him. Talking about Jason,I haven't seen him today. Maybe he didn't come to school today or maybe he did but I was just too busy thinking about Andrew that I didn't notice him. It's not he cares if I notice him or not.

Turning to face the surprised and happy Ari, I said "Yea. The same Andrew. Why do you look so surprised? It was just a harmless walk that I'm sure he gives to his female friends. So wipe that look off your face. Nothing happened. Nothing is going to happen." I assured her,putting in a large chunk of the mashed potatoes in my mouth. I don't want any food to be left and besides,I want to add alot of weight. This is the first step in doing that.

"Did you just say 'harmless'? Only if you knew how badly I want to have that harmless walk with him." She said the last part in a hush tone. I'm sure she thought I didn't hear it but I did,loud and clear and it made me choke on my food.

Realizing what she just said,I poked her and asked "Do you like him?" Immediately I said that, a wide smile formed on her face. I couldn't be happier because this is the first guy she's ever liked. I just hope she admits it.

"Like who?" She asked, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Is she trying to play the pretend game?

"Andr................and the ringing of the bell interrupted me. She didn't even wait for me to finish,she scurried out of the cafeteria. She's so lucky.

This isn't over Ari. This isn't over.

You love?

You like?💜

Don't forget to vote and also🖤 comment.

See you in the next chapter.💚