13

Weeks later.

There's still no word from Jason. We behave like total strangers. Even when we are at home, we don't say anything to each other. I think I'm going to give up on trying to talk to him. Right now I'm in class. We are having chemistry. Urgh! I really hate this subject well because of 2 reasons: Jason is in this class and at the end of the class,the teacher always pairs us up for an assignment and I'm always being paired up with a particular guy that always scares me whenever I see him.

He looks like a bad man. The type that is looking for someone to kidnap. Maybe he wants to kidnap me but he hasn't found the right time to do it that's why I always end up doing the assignment by myself. As for Jason........ No words. I am going to be doing another chemistry assignment by myself. Yay!😥😥

"So class there is going to be some changes in the pairings. Some of you would have your old partners back while the rest of you would have a different partner. So I'm just going to call out your names and your partners. " My chemistry teacher said. Well I don't know if I should be happy or not. I'm pretty sure that the weird guy is still going to my partner. But let's me just wait for my name to be called who knows I might be lucky.

".......Janet and Peter, Corey and Chase, Jason and Raven. I'm sure you all heard your names so get to work." She ended. What the......? Why am I always unlucky?Why would she pair me with Jason of all people? I wouldn't mind doing the assignment with the weird guy. Looking around, I could see that everyone was happy with their new partners. Well not everyone because I could see Jason is not happy with the new pairings. Even the weird guy looks happy. Maybe he was paired with a finer girl. Poor her!

Jason's pov

Am I cursed? Why? Why? Why does everything keep revolving around her? Why do I have the assignment with Raven, the girl I've been avoiding? Although I was tired of my previous partner, but being paired up with Raven might kill me. I need to make this clear to everyone that I don't want to have anything to do with her. Urgh! From the chatters and side talks, I assume that everyone is happy with their partners, well not everyone. Raven isn't happy. Ha! I'm not happy too.

After school.

I seriously can't wait to tell Ari about the new development. I'm pretty sure she'll freak out. Yea, she's definitely going to freak out. It's all for the best. I'm currently chilling for her at the school's car park. She texted me saying she was going to be 10minutes late. I wonder what she could be doing. Oh well! Ari is full of surprises.

After 5minutes of waiting for Ari, I decided to do a little tour round school. That's what boredom made me do. As I approached the library, I saw someone that looked like Jason but the Jason I know isn't the library type. What am I even saying? Do I know him? I couldn't see the person's face because the person was facing the bookshelf obviously looking for a book to read. He really looked good tho. Height✔ Muscular body✔ Hair✔. As I was looking to see if I could find any other good thing, the person turned back and surprisingly, it was Jason. Freaking Jason. What in God's name is he looking for in a library?

Well...Duh... You were given an assignment.

Oh.....Yeah.... That's true. Is he planning on doing the assignment without me? I wasn't planning on doing the assignment with him either. In your face Jason! But I never knew he looked this good. During the DINNER, he didn't look this good. Maybe he is working out to impress a girl. I didn't know how long I was standing there but when I finally came back to my senses, he was no longer there. Where did he go?

Duh.....Home.........

Talking about home, where is Ari? "Right here." I turned to see who said that and surprisingly it was Ari. I didn't even notice her presence. Am I beginning to have metal issues?

"I didn't see you there. How long have you been standing?" I asked, embarrassed at how stupid I had been.

"Well, let me see🤔🤔🤔. I've been standing here long enough to know that you were checking Jason out that you didn't even notice me standing here. I'm hurt😤😤." She said, placing her left hand on her chest feigning hurt. Yea, she can be so dramatic.

"Please, come take me home." I said, walking towards the direction of the car. What I just wanted to do was sleep and I'll definitely won't be able to do that in school. So home, here I come.

__________________

While in the car, I didn't know if I should tell Ari about the pairing up of Jason and I. I know she'll definitely freak out and probably cause an accident scene and I don't think I want that. Well, not now. But my heart feels so heavy knowing that I haven't told her about it. Here goes nothing.... "JasonandIgotpairedupforanassignment." I said in one breath. I feel better now that it's out of my chest. Freedom!

Wait! I didn't hear any scream. No squeaking. No sound. She obviously didn't hear me. I looked to my side to see if she heard me and judging by her facial expression, I'm pretty sure she did. I didn't even know when she stopped the car. Everything happened so quickly. She didn't move. She just kept staring at me with her eyes wide open. Uh..Oh

"Ari, are you ok?" I asked, poking her cheek. No words still. Okay.... This is beginning to scare me.

"Ari! Ari!! Ari!!!"

"Yeah! I'm here. Sorry I zoned out. Did you say something?"

"First of all, you scared me. Secondly, yeah I said something. What were you thinking about?" I asked out of curiosity. What could make her think so far?

"Nothing serious. I was just thinking of how you two would start talking, start dating, probably get married and probably make children that I'll be the godmother to." She said, starting the car again.

Okaaay. I wasn't expecting that. Not at all. But it wouldn't be that bad. JaVen or RaSon.

"Just take me home." Was the only thing I could say.