16

Days later.

This past few days have been terrible for me. I seem to be enjoying my own company. I switched off on everybody. Everybody I mean Ari and my mum. There were days I didnt feel like going to school because going to school reminded of IT. I wish I could just do online schooling. My mum although always tired has been asking me what the problem was. I almost told her tho. 'Almost' in the sense that as i was about to tell her, her phone rang. I think that was God's doing because I didnt think I had the courage to tell her. So I ran as fast as I could to my room. I'm so happy she didn't ask me about it again because  I don't know what I would had said.

Another reason why I didnt want to tell her is that she would start overreacting to something that is not important. She might probably cause trouble between us and the neighbours and I don't want that. I'm too nice, right? Ari, on the other hand, has been doing everything she can to make me happy but none worked. Things like taking me out for ice cream, persuading me to go for a party, taking me to the cinema and of course, taking me out for shopping but none of them worked. I don't know how to fake a smile so I didn't bother doing that. Now I feel so terrible with the way I've been treating her. She really doesn't deserve it.

*************************

Today is the day I'm going to be presenting the assignment. Yea, I forgot to mention that part. I thought it would feel kinda weird presenting alone but hey, I'm already used to it. This shouldn't be any difficult. I just need to get this done. It feels so strange not coming to school with Ari. I'm just realizing how stupid I was when I told her that I wasn't going to follow her to school. Not only did I have to walk to school, I also missed talking with her. All this is happening because of FUCKING JASON.

I never knew I'll be scared of entering my own class because I've been standing behind the door for like 5minutes not wanting to go in. Asides from me being scared, I'm also late. Like 15minutes late. All thanks to my stubbornness. I just don't want to see HIM. Urgh! Well I would have to go in if I don't want to get an F in chemistry. I'm pretty sure he's already seated inside and I'm here worrying my little head.

After muttering some confidence words to myself, I decided to go in but as I was about to step my foot in the class, I heard footsteps coming towards my direction so I retracted my step and waited to see who the person was. One thing I knew was that the person was obviously coming to this class because this is the end of the hallway and this was the only class that was situated here. Well, there's no need to worry my head because I'm waiting to see whoever it is that is coming late to the class.

As the person's footsteps became so close, I looked up to see who the person was and I saw no other person than HIM. Wait! What! When did he start coming late to class?

When did you start coming late to class?

Well, today.

Why is he even late to class?
Why does he look so badly dressed?
Why doesn't he look like his normal self?
Why does he have swollen eyes?

I didn't even know when he passed by me and was about to go in. He didn't even say hi. He really meant what he said in the note. Am I so badly looking that he can't say something to me? All these have to end and they would end now. I need to talk some sense into his head.

Did you forget that you're late for a class? The talk can wait. Hurry up and go in.

Oh! I totally forgot. Silly me.

Then after school it is. I was still thinking of how I was going to approach him later when he walked past me and walked past the door. How silly have I been? This was someone that just came and he is already in and I that has been here for God knows how long, is still standing here. Urgh! I need to get my shit together.🧐🧐.

Jason's pov

It's been 3 or 4days (I think) since I sent the note. I haven't been able to think properly. My words seem to be haunting me. Those words are enough to kill someone and I pray that the 'someone' isn't HER. She has done nothing wrong to me. She just wants to be friends with me and that's something I can't give her. My friendship. The moment I start talking with her, I won't be able to stop and that's where everything would end. Due to everything that has been happening, I woke up very late this morning which explains me coming to school by this time.

My mum got to find out  about the note and scolded me about it. I don't think I used the right word. She screamed out her lungs. She hasn't talked to me since then. I feel so ALONE. My dad on the other hand, has been giving me silent treatment. Seeing her in the hallway made me feel weak. It made me feel guilty. It made me feel everything negative but I still had to put on my angry face so that she won't come saying hi to me because I really wouldn't want to snub her. It was obvious that she had been standing there for some time, probably waiting for 'me'. But how did she know I wasn't in class? Girls! I successfully passed by her without her trying to say anything to me. Yipee!!

Almost getting towards the end of the story 🕶🕶. Maybe like 3 chapters left🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Don't forget to vote and also comment.
See you in the next chapter.👓👓