17

"Just the people we've been waiting for". My chemistry teacher, Mrs Keith said. Why would she be waiting for us? Oh! The assignment. Someone has to tell her we're not doing the assignment together. Not me tho.

"Why are you two late? You're never late to my class. Or did you want to make a grand entrance because I think you just did. Anyways, you can present your work now." She ordered. She didn't let us answer any of her questions. I don't even think I'll have answers to them. After what felt like 2minutes, neither me nor Jason made a move. This is awkwarrrrd.

The whole class became so quiet that if a pin was to be dropped, it would obviously be heard. They were also waiting for us to make the presentation. Wow! The clearing of someone's throat brought me back to earth. "I'm pretty sure I made myself clear the first time. You can present your work now." She repeated. "We're doing it separately." Jason and I said at the same time. Hmm! He was obviously in my head.

"What do you mean by 'separately'? She questioned,removing her funny looking glasses. The reason she did that, I don't know. Maybe she's trying to act like in the movies. Ha! Try better next time Mrs Keith. "Why are you smiling?" She asked,pointing at me. Uh-oh! The things you do,Raven.

"Nothing." I answered. I didn't want to meet up to her gaze so I looked at my shoes instead. I really didn't dress like ME. I dressed like someone else. My hair wasn't properly brushed, my combination of clothes were awful. Don't blame me. I didn't know who to call. My mum would definitely not answer me and Ari.........

"Back to my question, what do you mean by 'separately'?" She asked again. "We did the assignment separately." Jason spoke up.  I thought he wasn't going to say anything. "Well, I'm sorry to say to the both of you but this assignment has to be done in pairs or you'll both get an F." My funny looking teacher said.

An F? Why would she want to ruin my almost-perfect school record with an F? Why is this assignment different? This isn't the first time I'm doing a paired assignment alone. Did she plan this? Does she know that me and Jason aren't talking? Then why on earth would she want us to do the assignment together? I have alot of unanswered questions and I must get answers to them. Well, even though doing this assignment with HIM was the last thing I expected, I wouldn't want to get an F. Looking at him now, he looks as tensed as I am. Does that mean that my annoying and sexy looking next-door-neigbour is scared? Ha! I'm 100% sure he wouldn't want all his efforts to be wasted. Since we both want the same thing, I said to Mrs Keith, "We'll re-do the assignment and this time, we'll do it together". I can't believe I just said that😱😱

I sighed thinking that everything concerning this assignment was over but I was shocked when I heard him say "We can't do the assignment together. We wouldn't mind getting an F". I had to retrace my steps because I was on my way to my seat before he uttered those crazy things. When I got back to the previous place I was standing, I looked at him to understand what he meant by that. I felt like spanking him on his butt because I think that's what he needs.

"Did I just hear you properly? Did you just say you wouldn't mind getting an F in chemistry?" She questioned him. Yea I also want to know Jason, did you just say you want an F in chemistry? If not for the fact that if I talk, he'll snub me, I would had said something. Fuck that shit. It's my grade we're talking about here, so whether he likes it or not, I'm going to talk to him and may God bless him that he won't answer me.

"Do you even know what you're saying? We're talking about an F here,an F that could spoil your perfect record. Are you being serious?" I was beyond shocked at what I just said. I don't know why tho. Maybe it's because I've never had this kind of conversation with him before. It all feels and looks strange. There's no running away this time Jason, you have no choice but to answer me. Who won now, huh?

"Last I checked, I'm not mentally unstable so I'm pretty sure I know what I said." He said, giving me the death glare. Well I'm not sure if you're mentally stable, to start off with. "I heard that." He said, giving me a look that I couldn't understand. Am I beginning to think out loud? Well that's aside. There's a bigger problem on ground now. Me and F don't mix. I'm 100% sure that if I'm finally being given an F, I'll call terribly sick. Not just the normal one say or two days sickness, but one week sickness. Well i have to do something about it and it must be done quickly.

"Mrs, we'll talk about it and give you a reply tomorrow." I suggested.

  Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!

Great! Just great! We finally succeeded in wasting the whole 35minutes debating on an F and the whole class was watching. That was so smart of us. I just feel like slapping myself for not talking up on time, for not speaking some sense into Jason's head earlier. "Well that would do. First thing in the morning, I need to get a feedback from the both of you. I'm pretty sure that it's only a silly person that would want to get an F in chemistry." And with that, she dismissed the class. I didn't even waste any time in leaving the class inorder to avoid some unnecessary conversations with some people.

Please tell me what you think about it.

You can also vote on it.

Thanks for picking my story.

See you in the next chapter.