21

I thought talking things out with Jason would make him start talking to me but I was very wrong. It's been like 2days since the whole confrontation thingy and he has barely said a word to me. Am I meant to be heartbroken? Yes. Definitely. It's just as if nothing happened. The only thing he says to me is 'hi' or 'hey'. If I want to prolong the conversation, he either shuns me up stylishly or he would say he has something to do and being the nice girl that I am, I would leave him to do what he wants to do. Who am I afterall? His silly neighbour. I don't know why but I want there to be a chemistry between us. I sound crazy, I know that. This is what love makes you do. Talking about chemistry, we finally did the chemistry presentation together and we got a B. I would be the greatest liar on earth if I said I enjoyed it because I didn't. He tried to make it as awkward as ever and he won.

"Would you love to solve the problem on the board, Raven?" At the sound of my name, I mentally slapped myself for daydreaming again. It's becoming a habit and I don't like it at all. It makes me feel unserious. I looked forward to see who it was the called and unfortunately it was Mr Phillip or Fill-lip as I love to call him. I'm sure you already know why I called him that. He has big lips both up and down. Is that lovely? I wonder how his wife kisses him. Ha!

"What's funny?" He questioned angrily and putting his lips in a way that would make them look smaller. Is he trying to look sexy for me? Definitely not.

"Nothing sir." I replied,using all the strength in me to hold myself from laughing at the way his lips were vibrating right now.

"Then come solve the problem on the board." He commanded,walking majestically to my desk thereby making me tremble because I don't know what the topic is about and I know I'm going to embarrass myself when I get up there.

"What problem?" I asked, trying to sound dumbfounded and unfortunately, it didn't work because he was smiling. Not the genuine kind but the evil kind. I'm so going to enter the ground today.

"That problem." He replied, pointing at the board and obviously vibrating his lips. Well, the news right now is that I'M SCREWED. Taking all the time I had, I finally got up from my seat, collected the marker from his hand and slowly made my way to the front of the class to embarrass myself because that's exactly what I'm going to do. If there was a race between a snail and myself, the snail is definitely going to win because it's like I'm walking in slow motion. I can already feel the class getting tired of my stupid act but what would I do? I have to finish what I started. I thought they say miracles happen,then why isn't any happening in my favour? Am I.............cursed? I refuse to believe that.

"We don't have the whole day to wait for you, Raven." My teacher said. You should had thought of that before telling me to solve a problem on the board. I heard some people laughing behind me but I didnt turn back to see who they were because I wouldn't make it back to the front if I did so.

"I would love to help her." I heard someone say. Someone that just turned to my guardian angel. Someone I'm going to thank endlessly for what he has done. Yea, it's a guy incase you're wondering. So, miracles actually happen. Testimony time💃💃. "Thank you Jason for the offer. At least, we would be saved from this misery." Mr Phillip commented. Wait! Did he just say Jason? There should be another Jason in this class. To confirm my suspicions, I turned around and came face to face with HIM. This is about to get more interesting. First, he dismisses any little conversation I would want to start with him and here he is, wanting to help me solve a maths problem. It's all good. Miracles do happen.

After school.

I really wish school was optional. I wonder who even created it. What was he thinking? To kill people like me? I feel so worn-out. So dead. So everything bad. How can school just suck all the energy in me like I'm some power bank? I managed to avoid Jason throughout the day because I just didnt know what to say to him. Maybe I should had said 'hey! Thanks for saving my ass back there'. I'm definitely going to look stupid and the days of me being stupid are O.V.E.R. Well I'm happy I'm finally back home to some peace and quiet. There's really no place like home.
Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!

Well, maybe I was wrong. Peace and quiet is a no-no for me. Without checking the caller ID, I picked the call and said "hello" with sleep crawling up to my eyes. "I'm coming over. I can't believe it's finally happening." The person screamed and before I could say anything, the person hung up. Who could be coming over? What is finally happening? Urgh! Why now? Well I guess I just have to wait and see who it is. I just hope I don't leave the person standing behind the door knocking tirelessly. Oh,well.......
15minutes later.....

I feel someone shaking me with all their might, probably wanting to wake me up. Is that how it's being done now? Waking someone like there's an explosion about to take place. "Raven,wake up. Stop sleeping. It's not good to sleep in the afternoon. It's only meant for the night." I hear the person blab and I'm left with no choice than to jump out of bed. This person had better be worth all this. "Yea, I'm awake. What do you want?" I question the person and at the same time trying to rub off the sleep in my eyes to see who the person is. And it was no surprise at all when I saw Ari sitting on my bed with her arms crossed around her chest probably waiting for something.

"It's you. Why did you wake me up like that?" I asked,still angry that my beautiful sleep was ruined. I stood up from my bed and went to wash my face in the bathroom and I cringed at the sight of my hair. It really looked out of place. It looked like I was fighting a battle in my dream and I obviously lost. I wasted no time in arranging it in a nicely manner even though it wasn't as neat as before. Coming out of the bathroom, I still saw Ari sitting in the same position as she was when I left to the bathroom. Ok! What's up with her?

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you or keep looking like you lost your husband?" I just had to ask inorder to know what I'm dealing with. She looked so serious and I don't think I've ever seen her so serious.

"Are you ready to listen to me now?" She asked,still putting on that look. Cleaning my face with my face towel which was located on the dressing chair, I sat down on my bed and said "Yea, I am. What is it about?"

"Andrew asked me out on a date." She screamed thereby making me fix an urgent appointment with my doctor. But what was I meant to do? Laugh. Smile. Be happy. I didn't know what to do, so being the silly friend that I am, I said "Great." The wide smile on her face turned to a frown and this was the point where I smiled inorder to replace the frown on her face.

"Is that it? Is that all you'll say? Really, Raven?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest and giving me a pouty face. Nibbling on my lower lip, I try to maintain eye contact with her but obviously I failed. She's just like my mum. Am I sure I'm not adopted? I need to make enquires 🤔. "I'm sorry Ari, I'm just......"

"Well I won't let you spoil my night. Just help me look for what I'm going to wear. " She cut me short which is very typical of her. Switching to my happy mood, I smiled and said "Ok then. Let's get you dolled up."

Please let me know what you feel and think about it. Loveyou🖤. Don't forget to click on the little star at bottom left corner. See you in the next chapter.