20

Raven's pov

I honestly have no idea where I got the courage to do what I've just done. Holding a broken bottle was the least thing I expected myself to hold. I never knew I could become violent. I guess he brought out this side of me that I never knew I had. After he said he was going to talk, I felt so happy with myself. I could make a guy scared of me with just a broken bottle. Ha! Who has the last laugh now? Me. I carefully sat down on the sofa that was close to me inorder to avoid damaging any more property. I didn't come here for vandalism, I came here inorder for peace to reign which I hope I accomplish.

"I'm trying to save your life." I heard him say, seating down on the sofa opposite me.

"What do you mean by 'trying to save my life'?" I requested. Is he trying to play some stunts on me or what? He had better not try because he wouldn't like what would happen.

"The reason why I haven't had any decent conversation with you is because I didn't want you to die like the others." He answered. Ok. He is actually playing with me.

"Who are the others? Why and how would I die? What in God's name are you saying?" I shouted, looking around to see if anyone was coming because I'm damn sure I heard footsteps or maybe it's just my imagination. I told my mum not to come in and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't.

"I don't know how to explain it,Raven. It's not something you need to know. We can prevent any further bad happenings if you just go." He claimed.

"I'm not going anywhere. You'll just have to start somewhere and I'm listening and this time, I don't want any short sentences. I want the whole story." I demanded. The rate at which I was shouting, I'm sure I would wake up the next morning with a sore throat, all thanks to Jason.

"I've lived in 3 different houses minus this one. Strange things kept happening that's why we kept moving. The first house I lived in, I became friends with the neighbour's son and we got along quite well until something terrible happened. The first week of getting to know him, he had an accident and lost his memory. I was the one that persuaded him in going out with me. This happened when I was 9. We went motor cycling and he got knocked down by a bus. I didn't know what to do. When the news finally got to this parents, they cried endlessly. My parents on the other hand said it wasn't my fault that things like that happen everyday. But deep down, I knew I was the one that caused it but I just let what my parents told me to take the better part of my brain. Weeks later, we moved out because i started feeling very uncomfortable around Luke(that was his name). It happened again the second time and this time it was a girl. Her name was Sammie. I begged her to go on a play date with me. She didn't want to go but I begged her so much that she couldn't say no. I can't remember exactly what happened but the only thing I remember was that she got shot mistakenly and unfortunately, it was directed to her heart. I didn't know what to do again. I never knew people could bleed that much until that day. This time around, I blamed myself for it. I kept asking if I was cursed or something. I broke down in tears. I just couldn't help it. What I'm just trying to say is that I didn't want to associate with you because i felt something similar to those might happen and I don't think I would be able to hold myself. I've always wanted to talk with you but I always get scared of starting a conversation with you. I said all those mean things to you so that I would get you out of my head. I didn't mean any of them at all. I really need you to believe me. I'm sorry if my words hurt you. I'm deeply sorry." He finished. I listened attentively with rapt attention. I was still yet to digest everything he had just said until I saw him crying silently. Yea,crying. At this point, I was speechless.

I didn't know what got into my head but I stood up to hug him. I didn't have anything to say but I had a hug to offer. A hug that I was happy he hugged me back. I don't think I've ever seen a guy cry before and I felt sad seeing one. I can imagine all the things he's been bottling up inside him.

"It's ok. Everything is going to be ok." I assured him.

"Awwwn.... You both look so cute." We heard someone say. We broke out of the hug almost at the same time turned around to see both our mums staring at us like we were clowns.

"Mum!" We shouted at the same time. "Now that this is over, can I get something to eat because I'm starving and I don't want to be held responsible for what's going to happen next." My mum announced. I trust my mum to always ruin the moment.

"Pizza?" I asked

"Way ahead of you,honey." She responded. Oh,well.

You like?

You love?

Please don't forget to vote and also comment.

Thank you

See you in the next chapter.