23

My mum didn't even let me rest before telling her what happened. She dragged me all the way to her room and made me tell her everything including the part where I was playing music that almost cost the roof of the house. At intervals, she would tell me to calm down because I was talking too fast because I wanted this to be over and I'm happy that it finally is. She's smiling and I feel that by the next morning, her cheek bones would start paining her. Why is she making it such a big deal? Because it's a big deal and you know it. Ok! It's a big deal but not really a bigggg deal. Who am I kidding? It is a big deal but that's the work of Ari not her. Speaking of Ari, I haven't heard from her. I hope she is having a good time.

"So have you picked out what you're going to wear tomorrow?" My mum questioned. Really? This woman has got to be kidding me. I'm not so excited about it so why should she? Okay! I lied but still.........

"Mum! Get yourself together. I need to go to bed. See you in the morning." I kissed her goodbye and didn't wait for her to say anything and rushed off to bed. When I got to my room, I locked the door, checked for my phone,played a song, increased the volume to the highest and screamed. I had been holding that for too long and I was scared that it might choke me. I did a little victory dance then plopped on my bed and began to think of how tomorrow is going to turn out. I touched my lips and began to remember the feeling of his lips on mine. It felt so good. Well I had better get some sleep if I want to wake up early tomorrow. I didn't stay up to 10minutes before I drifted off to sleep.

Next day. 

I was up before my alarm went off. That's the strangest thing that has ever happened. I'm a lover of sleep so I was wondering what happened to me. I got out of bed, opened the window and admired nature. How everything always looked so beautiful is still a wonder to me. I wondered how God created the earth and everything in it. While in deep thoughts, my mind drifted off to yesterday. Jason, the kiss and of course, the date which happens to be today. With happiness in my heart, I went to the bathroom and had a very cool bathe. I let the water cool my burning head. I got out. Looked for a pair of clothing to wear. Did my hair. Applied a little make up. Checked myself for the last time and made my way out to the kitchen where I saw my wonderful mother making breakfast.

"Good morning mum!" I greeted, making my way to the fridge to get an apple. I love apples. I took a close look at my mum and noticed that she wasn't dressed for work and it got me thinking 'was she laid off from work?' Well it's better to hear it from the horse's mouth so I pulled out a chair in the kitchen, took a bite out off my Apple and asked her "Mum, you're not going to work today?" I then took another bite from the apple and waited for her reply but what I got was a smile. So I smiled back. I looked at the clock which is situated in the middle of the living room, I saw that I have like 15minutes to get to school and there was still no sign of Ari. This is unlike her so I took my phone out of my back pocket and dialled her number but it went to voicemail😢😢. Something is definitely wrong.

"Ari came by early this morning and told me to tell you that she won't be coming to pick you up. She said she's sorry that something came up." My lovely mother spoke. Seriously, she couldn't tell me earlier?

"Mum! Why didn't you at least say something? Where would I get a ride to school now? Walking to school is going to definitely earn me  a detention." I nagged.  I don't even have the strength to walk. I'm just going to die.

"Sorry dear, it skipped my mind. Well, I think if you start going now, you might catch up. " she said,looking at the wall clock. She's just lucky that I'm in a good mood. I wasted no time in running out of the door. I didn't run but I walked fast. Fast enough to make me get to school in the next 10minutes.
          Honk! Honk!! Honk!!!

I was currently walk-running on the left side of the road and I heard the car sound from the right side. I didn't bother stopping. I walked like my life depends on it because it actually does. Why can't  these old men go to their lovely wives they left at home and stop looking for young girls to screw? I guess I was running because i stopped to catch my breathe. I had to hold onto something because I felt my eyes spinning so fast. "I think you'll need a ride." I looked to see who the person was that just spoke and I saw Jason standing out of a car that I think belongs to him. I couldn't make out the colour of the car because my eyes were still spinning. But he's right. I definitely need that ride. So without wasting much time, I let go of the tree I was holding and walked across the road to meet him and the stupid thing that I didn't do was to look to see if there was any incoming car and unfortunately for me, there was and it hit me hard.

I love you. Yes. You. You that is reading this right now. Thank you for choosing to read my story. Just hang on, it's coming to an end very soon. Sooner than you expect. See you in the next chapter. 💙❤💛🧡🖤