22

"So how do I look? Good? Bad? Pretty? Ugly?" She asked a very speechless me and also making a twirl to make her look complete. I've never seen her this happy. This is one of the happiest moments in a girl's life. Going on her first date and not just with anyone but someone you really like. Someone that also likes you too. Someone that would keep your phone busy with long sweet  messages. Messages that would only make you smile and wonder how you got so lucky. I love love. There's nothing as loving someone and also being loved back by the same person. God is just so wonderful.

The snap of Ari's fingers across my face brought me out of my trance. "I said how do I look?" Standing up to meet her, I held her hands with mine and replied "You look gorgeous. You look sweet. To be honest tho, I never thought you could look this beautiful. Andrew is going to be very happy when he sees you." The look on her face right now already shows that she wasn't expecting me to say what I said. I al ways thought she would be the one telling me this not the other way around but it's all good. Everything happens for a reason. I just wish. The red flair gown I chose blended with her skin and she decided to top it off with a jean jacket which I must say, made her look more beautiful. I just hope that she enjoys every bit of the night. She has always wanted this day to come and it's finally here.

"Thanks babe. That really touched a soft spot in my heart. I have to go now. Please stay awake because I would love to tell you how it all went. Take care of yourself. Don't think too much. Everything is going to be fine, well eventually. See you later. " she kissed me goodbye and rushed off to meet her Prince charming who was actually waiting outside for God knows how long. Well it's just me alone in this house. No one to keep me company. Well I guess I could just drown myself in some good music and a box of pepperoni pizza. 

Jason's pov.

You're free to call me a dork or a dickhead but I'm falling deeply inlove with Raven. I've been nothing but an ass to her. She did nothing wrong to me but being the dickhead that I am, I've done everything wrong to her. I finally got to tell her why I was avoiding her and I still end up avoiding her even worse this time. She has tried to start up a conversation but I always make it short and thereby hurting her the more. I'm just afraid of endangering her life. She's too good to go through such things but I just can't help it anymore. I'm falling helplessly and the only way out is to talk with her and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
          5minutes later....

I'm currently outside her house but I don't know if I should go in because there seems to be a party going on inside because I can hear some music blaring inside and not just any kind of music but the melancholic kind. Is there a burial going on inside? Don't blame me for thinking this way. I'm just trying to think of what is possibly going on inside. Just go in and stop being a coward. I'm definitely going inside. I always listen to my instincts and they never fail me.

I was very fortunate that the door was open because I don't know how long I would have stood there waiting for the door to be opened. When I finally got in, the sight before was totally not what I was expecting. Raven singing and I thinking crying along with the song that was on and also stuffing her face up with some pizza. The only thing I could ask myself was 'What went wrong?' She seemed to be really engrossed in the moment because I was standing directly behind her. I looked around to see if anyone would come and probably stop the chaos that is going on but nobody came. I couldn't help but admire the way different things were kept neatly in the house.

Apart from the fact that the music is vibrating the whole house, the place looks so comforting. I brought my eyes back to HER and carefully inspected what she was putting on. She was wearing a blue bum shorts and a white sleeveless top. She might be skinny but I like her that way. She whined her little hips according to the rhythm of the song and sang on top of her voice. You don't need to wonder how I know that, I just know. I don't know if I should tap her on her shoulder or say her name to get her attention. I just don't want to startle her. That's the last thing I want to happen now. I guess I was really caught up with the little conversation I was having in my head that I didn't notice when she turned around and was looking at me wide eyed. Uh-Oh.

Raven's pov

I guess I was so absorbed in the moment that I didn't notice Jason standing behind me for I don't know how long. Don't tell me he saw me dancing. That's not good at all. I looked at him wide eyed waiting to hear what he has to say concerning his unexpected visit. I also took the time to look around to see if anyone was watching all this because I don't think I would want my mum or Ari to see what I've turned to. I don't need to check the mirror to see how sad and probably depressed I look. I decided to play some sad cool music to help me ease off some tension that was going on inside me. I thought that by just listening to it, I would feel better but I was so wrong so I decided to sing along and also dance along. Minutes later, I started crying for something I don't know. This is how emotional I'm getting. Crying for no reason at all. So I'm back to looking at him still waiting for his explanation. He looks at me like he's expecting me to say something to him.

"Hello!" I waved my hand across his face so as to get his lost attention back. He had better start talking because for starters, I don't know how he got in. I can remember locking.....oh, I didn't lock the door. Well,that one is on me. But I still want to know what he is looking for here.

"I like you, Raven." He blurted out. Ok. He's definitely drunk. Ha! Does mama's boy also take alcohol?

"What are you laughing at?" He asked, trying to pull off the tough guy look but he failed. Well, not really. This night is definitely not his night. We then fell into a very uncomfortable silence. No movements. No sounds. Nothing. Urgh! Where's Ari when I need her? Oh. Yeah. She's on a date. Good for her that her night is going well but mine is the opposite.

"I know I haven't been a good neighbour to you all these years. I know that I've been a dickhead. I'm worthy of whatever you have to tell me. I just did what I had to do. But right now, I'm tired of doing that. I've liked you from the day I moved into this neighbourhood, well not the first day tho  but what I'm trying to say is that I really like you and the fact that I couldn't talk to you made me bitter. Trust me when I say I always wanted to talk with you. I just had to behave tough towards you so that you won't think any of this was bothering me. It also wasn't easy for me too. I'm sorry." He apologised.

Okay! I wasn't expecting that, at least not now but it has already come out and I can't help but smile at everything. He said he likes me. He freaking likes me. That's a start. I know that I'm meant to slap him or get angry at him but I think I'm past that. This is what I've been waiting for and it's finally here. There's nothing I would tell him right now that would describe how happy I am so I kissed him. Yea, you heard me right. I've been dying to do that and I won't let this opportunity slip away. I wasn't surprised when he kissed me back. He held me so tight like I was being taken away from him. I loved that. This kiss was the only thing I've always wanted. It was slow and sweet. Our lips went in sync like we had practised to do this. I didn't want this moment to end but it obviously had to and it was the clearing of someone's throat that made us stop. My mum. I didn't feel embarrassed at all but looking at him, he obviously is. If this happened in his house and his mum walked in on us, I would definitely feel this way.

"Hi mum!" I greeted, smiling like nothing had happened but trust my mum to give me the sheepish smile. I definitely have alot of explaining to do.

"Hi Jason!" My mum greeted him. Did she have to make him feel more embarrassed?

"Hi Mrs Clarke!" He greeted back then came forward and whispered something in my ear "I'll pick you up at 7pm tomorrow. Dress beautiful." And with that, he made his way to the door and winked at me before leaving. This can't be happening. Somebody should please pinch me.

"I'll gladly do that." I heard my mum say and I didn't even register what she just said and then she pinched me. Ok! So I'm beginning to think out loud. Good work, Raven. "You have alot of explaining to do,Miss." She continued and I was right.

Please don't forget to vote and also comment. I love you for making it this far. It really means alot to me. You can also check out my other stories. Thanks. See you in the next chapter ❤❤❤❤💛💛💛💛🧡🧡🧡.