5

Saturday evening

"What am I going to wear Ari? I have no appropriate clothes for a next door neighbour dinner." I whined,actually not knowing what to wear. I called Ari a while ago to come help me find what I'm going to wear for the DINNER. I'm still contemplating if I want to go or not. Since the day my mum told me about this,I've been doing a countdown for this day. And it's already here and I wish I could skip this day. It might just be a next door neighbour thing but to me,it's more than that. I might embarrass myself in front of his parents. I might burp out very loudly. I might eat the wrong choice of food. I might do alot of nasty things and I don't want my mum to think badly of me.

"You really need to stop ranting. You have a truckload of clothes,so there's definitely going to be an appropriate cloth for the DINNER. You still have 45minutes to spare. I'll find what you'll wear. Or are you just making silly excuses so that you won't go? I know you very well to know what you're trying to do. You're going to go. You must go. It's not an option. If you don't want to go, I'm going to push you there." She said, using her motherly tongue. She's right. I don't want to go. I'm pretty sure Jason doesn't want me to come. I wonder what I did to him that made him to avoid me for years.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

"Come in. The door is open." I said,already knowing who it was.

"Mum,you look........you look so gorgeous." I said,admiring her outfit. My mum is really good at combining clothes and making them look gracious. She was wearing a red v-neck knee-length gown. It hugged her curves nicely. Someone would think she's a high school student,not knowing she's a single mum. I wonder how she still looks this good, whereas I look like a dying patient.

"Thanks honey. Aren't you ready?" She said, looking around my room in disgust. She hates seeing my room messed up,especially with clothes. Well,what can I do? It's not like I'm intentionally doing it.

"Isn't it obvious? Ari is helping me find the perfect dress since you didn't want to help me. All the clothes I have are for school. None for dinner. I didn't think I'll ever go for a dinner." I said,littering my clothes around my room. She makes it look like I have a zillion clothes.

"Well,sort yourself out. I don't want to ruin my dress and my makeup. We just have 30minutes left,so hurry up. I don't want to keep our lovely neighbours waiting." She said, and left my room. She knew I was going to say something, that's why she left immediately.

"I've found the dress." I heard Ari say,disrupting my thoughts. The look on her face was very sweet to watch. She was looking at the dress like she was the one wearing it. I wouldn't mind giving her the cloth to wear but there were 2 things preventing that from happening: she's not my size. I'm like size 6 and I think she's size 10 and secondly, she wouldn't want to go.

Jason's pov

I can't believe I'm going to have dinner with HER. I fear that something bad might happen. I'm trying my best to prevent that from happening but my parents don't just see it. They think it's ordinary. But to me,it's not. Something is definitely wrong with me. Am I cursed?

After telling my mum that I wasn't going to be present at the dinner,she bought me a new suit. Like brand new. It was like she didn't hear what I said. Or maybe she did,she didn't just want to pay attention to it. I'm just going to keep mute. That's the only solution I can come up with.

"Darling,you look so dazzling in this suit. I knew it was going to fit you perfectly." My mum said,wiping out  the imaginary dust she saw at the back of the suit.

"Mum! You didn't knock." I frowned. She knows I love my privacy. I love being in my personal space.

"I didn't think it was necessary to do so. Anyways,come down quickly. They would soon be here. I don't want to keep them waiting. I heard she has a daughter. Maybe you guys could get along." She said, nudging me on my shoulder and at the same time,smiling. I wonder what this woman thinks she's doing.

"Mum,you may go. I'll join you shortly." I said,pointing at my door,signalling for her to leave. I can't be friends with Raven. I don't think anything would make me friends with her. I'm trying to save a life here,but they don't just know it.

"Okay! I'll go. I know you'll like her. I'm waiting for you tho. Once again,you look so sweet. I'm sure she won't be able to resist you." She said, and closed the door. She's so dramatic. And I'll have to be the only one that would endure this because they decided not to make any more babies. This is torture.

Looking at myself in the mirror opposite me,I actually look different in a good way. I look so........ whats the word?............handsome. I never thought I would look this good in the next future. All for a DINNER. I hope this ends well.

You like?💘💘

You love?💓💓

Don't forget to vote and also comment.💝💝

I want to know what you think about it.💖💖

See you in the next chapter.💞💞