4

Calling Ari........

I couldn't keep calm. After hearing what my mum just told me,I needed to tell someone. I couldn't talk to my mum because,obviously she was sleep ing. So the only person I had in mind was Ari. I couldn't sleep back. The thought of me going to his house sent cold chills down my body. My whole body was filled with goosepimples. I seriously do not know why I'm feeling this way but what I need to do is to talk with Ari. She always knows the right words to say.

"What is it that couldn't wait till tomorrow morning?" She asked,evident that I just woke her up because of her dead voice.

"I'm sorry babe for waking you up. Something important just came up and I couldn't sleep." I said, biting on my lower lip showing how nervous I was. I don't think I've ever been this nervous. I'm cool with everybody,at least,almost everybody. Everybody likes me. So I have no reason to be nervous but this news took me by surprise.

"I'm listening. Please you have to make it snappy. I need to go back to sleep." She said, yawning. She really sounds tired. Raven Jones,when did you become this selfish?

"My mum told me that we'll be going for dinner this weekend at Jason's house. The Jason that we both know." I said,whisper-shouting. I totally forgot my mum was sleeping.

"Wait! What! Is that meant to be a good thing or bad thing? I really don't know which it is." She said,screaming almost blocking my innocent eardrums. She screams like me but she does it when necessary.

"I don't know Ari. That's why I called. I don't know if I want to go. I don't think I'm ready to see him. I don't know if he'll smash the door at my face. I don't know if I should tell my mum. I don't know Ari. I'm very very confused. What if he doesn't show up for dinner because of me?" I asked her impatiently. Those were some of the questions in my head. There were still a lot that I didn't want to voice out.

"Calm down woman. Why are you sounding like you're going for a war? I thought you've always wanted him to talk to you. So why are you saying all these things? This might be the chance for you to have a decent conversation with him. It's not like he's going to kill you. His parents would be there and your mum too would be there. So I don't get why you should be troubled." She said, talking to me like I was her child. She scolds me even more than my own mum. Can you beat that? But everything she just said made a lot of sense. But I'm not sure if I want to go there.

"You're right. I've always wanted to talk with him. But I'm not sure if I want to go there. I always imagined that we'll have our first conversation in school,not in his house. I think I'm scared." I said, playing with my fingers like I always do when I'm nervous.

"What are you scared of Ari? You're one person that I know that is scared of nothing. So what exactly are you talking about?" She asked me in a demanding way. If she could see me,I wonder what she would had done to me. But what exactly am I scared of?"

"I don't know Ari. I'm having a very bad feeling about this. My instincts don't lie Ari." I told her, putting my hand on my chest to know how fast my heart was beating. And unfortunately, it was beating faster than normal. I like him but just as friends. Nothing more. How can I like like a guy that hasn't talked to me? Am I okay?

"Don't worry your little head about anything. It's going to be just fine. Today is Monday, so you still have alot of time to think things through. So go to sleep, my child. Tomorrow is another school day." She said,already yawning her way to sleep. She didn't even wait for me to say anything, she just cut the call. Silly Ari.

She's actually right. What's the worst that could happen?

Jason's pov

"What the hell, mum? How can you invite our next door neighbours for dinner without asking me?" I asked my mum who just told me that most annoying news of the century. And my dad concurred to it. Hmph!!

"Language, young man. What is wrong with me inviting them? We've not had a decent conversation in years. And why should I ask you? Last I checked,you weren't paying the bills. And your father was happy with what I did. So I think you should calm down." She growled at me. She's never been this angry with me before. At the mention of our neighbours,things begin to go roughly.

"Ok mum,I'm sorry. But have you forgotten what happened the last time? The last 2 times? I don't want that to happen again." I said,folding my arms across my chest. She had better know what she's doing.

"I know. They are just natural occurrences. It's going to happen to everyone,someday. So,there is nothing for you to be worried about. Goodnight kiddo." She said, tapping me on my head and went straight to bed. I'm so not going to go for that dinner. I can't stand sitting with HER. I'm scared something might happen. Oh Lord. Help your son.

Who is eager to find out the reason why Jason doesn't want to talk with Raven? I'm so eager.

You like?💌💌

You love?💟💟

Don't forget to click on the little star at bottom left corner💞💞

See you in the next chapter👅👅