Jewels and Crowns

A silhouette sat on the roof of a bank. Concealed in the new moons darkness and the faint light of the stars she grinned. Lights from the street sparkled in her e/c eyes. A faint smile escaped her once serious face. A soft grunt could be heard from the opposite side of the roof. She grinned and pretended not to notice. "Fools..." She thought. "They'll never learn." Soft footsteps padded the roof and then they stopped before accidentally sneezing. 

"Bless you." The girl smirked. 

"Thank you. Wait... Wha-" The enemy once held a bag that was heavy, and full of precious stones and metals. 

"Thank you for the load." She purred, into the amateur's ear. He went to hit her in the face, but she backflipped away. With a mock salute, she stepped off of the roof and landed on the fire escape. Kids next to the window screamed as the other thief followed the apprehender. She socked him in the gut, then hit her head against his. He fell out cold. She left a string of pearls and some small rubies and peridots. "Thank you kind sir." She smirked. She disappeared before the parents could find the girl with the sack. 

"I'd better stay and make sure the cops get him." She murmured. Sirens and flashing lights turned the corner. Two ladies in police uniforms ran up the fire escape and apprehended the ameture. 

"Sir, we might've found some of the jewels. Most of them are still missing. Should we look for an accomplice within a five mile radius?" One of them called in. 

"Other units are on their way to assist you. Start looking. When you're done, bring the thief in." 

"Yessir." They carried the man into the police car and left the scene. 

"Well well well... What have we here?" The girl purred admiring the collectables in the bag. She zipped it up. "Admire it later. You've got to turn these in." She chuckled. Before she turned them in, she snuck into an expensive looking building. Slipping in the window quietly, she made sure to not wake the sleeping people in the dorm. 

She walked into a closet, and changed into some jeans and a black shirt. Making sure nobody would see her, she shut the closet door. "Time to explain why you're up against curfew." She smirked. Taking off her leather suit and night goggles she placed them in a box. "Oh, don't forget your tail." She reminded herself. She placed the mechanical tail in the box. Lifting up a loose floorboard she revealed a bigger box. She placed the smaller box into the big box, then closed the floorboard. 

With a few minutes of editing the security footage, she was ready to carry out her mission. She rubbed the mascara onto her face so it had looked as if she had forgotten to clean it off before bed. She carried the bag out and was quickly found by a hall monitor. "Y/n L/n!" They hissed. "It's after curfew! What are you doing-" 

The girl turned around with wide and scared eyes. "I... I saw someone outside the window and they had a bag with them. I... was looking out the window, they left the bag and bolted." The monitor led her towards the front office. They went back a few minutes and they saw the edited video. "Alright, here's a ticket that will allow you to go through the halls without getting in trouble. Do you have money for a taxi?" He asked. 

She nodded. "I never leave without any. You never know when you might have to buy something." 

And that was that. She left campus, climbed into a taxi and went to the nearest police station. She filed a report and because no one else was there, business was quick. "So, the thief saw you looking out the window, and he left the bag and ran?" The police clerk asked. 

The girl nodded, "The bag's quite heavy, so I'd understand why he'd leave it." 

"Alright. Well, the news reporters are going to want to interview you. Are you fine with this?" She scoffed. 

"Actually a little publicity might be good." She shrugged. I can do an interview tomorrow at four o'clock. And that's A.M. Tomorrow's Saturday and I've only got to study for my college exam." 

The clerck nodded and wrote down a note. "Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you. Stick to the story." She warned. 

The girl shrugged. "I've gotta get used to it. You never know what the future might hold." 

"What's your major?" The clerk asked. 

"Government crime jobs such as NCIS... You know, the uppity jobs." The girl shrugged, putting her coat on. 

"Well, good luck." She sighed. 

"Thanks." And with that, the girl was off. 

I think I might've done slightly better... 

**By the way, not every chapter will be written like this.