Javelins and Guilt

(That picture is just beautiful. 100% pure talent.)

Okay, okay, okay... Before I get hammered (Do any of you spiderman fans get that joke? I'll explain later before I continue with the story) with corrections about S.H.I.E.L.D. being gone, and destroyed and all, I just want you all to know that NOT EVERYTHING IS ACCURATE. I know this probably annoys you hardcore Marvel fans, because it even annoys me. I wish I could come up with an organization of my own, or even find one that would be accurate (Like S.W.O.R.D.) However, I think that S.H.I.E.L.D. would be the best fit for this. I know that Black Cat was not an employee for S.H.I.E.L.D., but.... THIS IS JUST A FANFICTION. I write these for fun, and to practice my writing skills. (Or at least develop them. Because I have none.) Anyways, the answer to the joke... 
Also, I'm sorry this chapter is crap. Literal crap.

Hammerhead, the villain. Look him up.

Alrighty... Now... 

A FEW WEEKS LATER...

A few weeks later, you had gotten your scores back from the quiz you took that would decide whether or not you'll be graduating. Luckily, you passed, unfortunately, you had two investigating jobs to choose from. NCIS, FBI, or S.H.I.E.L.D. Whatever that was... Alice was jumping with excitement, when she got her letter to join NCIS. That was when 

"I got my letter for NCIS Y/n!" She squealed, tears in her eyes. 

"Hey, do you know what S.H.I.E.L.D. is?" I asked her. She rubbed her eyes, but the tears were still there. 
"No. It sounds familiar though..."
We sat there for the night just thinking about the possibilities and adventures I could have as an NCIS agent. Of course, I'd start out as a probie, but soon, a field agent, a senior agent, then...  Very Special Agent Y/n.... I thought about the life threatening adventures that awaited me. Sure, it wouldn't be like the Spider-Man, but it'd be cool...

"Hey, Y/n... Look at this!" Alice yelled. 

"We're in the same room Al." I muttered. She held up an envelope with a wax seal on it. 

"I didn't know people used wax to seal envelopes still..." Alice muttered. Intrigued, I grabbed the letter, and started to sniff it. "Uh, Whiskers, why are you sniffing the envelope?" Alice asked.

 "Well, if there's a dangerous powder in it, it'll have some sort of smell... Did you ever pay attention when we were doing the letter portion of the class?" I asked, patting the envelope to feel for anything hard. 

"You're joking, right? There was no letter portion!" She replied.

 "Yeah, there was, it was at the beginning of the year, and you fell asleep during the exam." I corrected. 

"Oh... right..." She laughed. 

"It's addressed to you... And me... Think we'll finally be invited to one of those college parties?" I asked. 

"Let's check it out!" She jumped up and down nodding.

"Okay...." I muttered. I ripped the envelope open with a razor blade, and glitter fell out onto the desk. I dropped the letter quickly, and scrambled onto my bed (the top bunk), and hissed. "Get that foul substance out of here!" 

Alice doubled over laughing, and she took the letter out of the envelope. "We've been invited to the Houston's Salutation Party!" She squealed. 

"When is it?" I asked, climbing down from the bed. 

"In thirty minutes. Let's get dressed." She replied. 

"Focus on your outfit. I'll focus on mine." I told her.