Book, Friends, Coffee, and Courage

Not a big fan of Captain America, but I think this is hilarious!
However, Peggy Carter and James Buchanan Barnes (Bucky), are some of my favorite characters.

Although college was full of adults, there were still quite a few bullies. The newbies had only been here for a semester, but they still were letting others control, and torment them. I was reading my book, "The Siren's Treasure" when someone came up from behind me, and tapped my shoulder. "Well, well, well... Look who's here." They sneered. "Hello Tabitha." I replied in the same tone, "What might you be doing here?" I asked her.
"I go to school here." She replied, confused as to why I would ask that specific question. "Ohhh... That's right! I forgot you went to school here. After five or six times taking the test." I smirked. She glowered at me. "Well, I'm here now." She hissed.

"Yeah, only 'cause your parents bribed the school with money." I retorted. "It was negotiation, not bribery." She corrected. "Like you know the difference." I muttered under my breath. "What was that?" She asked. "I'm just reading my book aloud. Quietly." I fibbed.

"You're such a nerd." She scoffed. "No... I'm rather curious about certain subjects. I learn about them to satisfy my curiosity." I shrugged. "Curiosity killed the cat." She smirked. I raised an eyebrow, and finished the saying. "Satisfaction brought it back."

She rolled her eyes, and walked off, admitting defeat. "A true cop wouldn't back down until they won." I muttered, going back to my book. I heard a small shriek, and looked up towards the source of the sound. A petite girl with dark skin, dark eyes, and short hair looked up with delight when a boy held up two long strips of paper.

"Tickets... To either a movie, or a concert. Isn't that sweet." I thought bitterly. I had never been invited to a movie or a concert by anyone. Then, I scolded myself for this kind of thinking. "You push everyone away. Besides, being in a relationship, and being Black Cat is a recipe for disaster."

"H-hey Y/n." A familiar voice greeted. "Hello Pete. Whassup?" I asked. "Oh, nothing really... What book is this?" He asked taking a seat. My heart fluttered when he scoot closer towards me. I held the cover up in his face so I could continue reading my book. "The Siren's Treasure." He read aloud.

"Interesting book for a future cop to be reading." Another familiar voice noted. Reluctantly, I put my bookmark in, and set it in my black leather satchel. "Did I not tell you guys?" I asked Peter and Ned. "Tell us what?" Peter asked, passing Ned a cup of coffee.

"I have to drop out. I've just been offered a job. A government job. After the end of the week, I'll be gone." I admitted. Peter looked crestfallen. "You're leaving?" He asked, his eyes filled with a dim shadow of sadness. "Yeah... I don't want to leave you guys, but I really want, and need, this job." I explained. "Perhaps we can visit you. Where is the address of the building?" Ned asked.

"Yeah, about that... I don't know. They promised that as soon as the time came they'd send someone to come." I laughed lightly. "So you're gonna have a chauffeur?" A feminine voice asked. It was Alice. "Why all of a sudden are you all flocking towards me?" I asked.

"Well... You're our friend." Ned pointed out. "Pleasant to be with." Alice added. "Not to mention, we haven't seen you around lately. Especially on weekends." Peter continued the list. "Does this mean he misses you?" I thought hopefully.

"You're like a sister to him. Don't bother getting your hopes up." I discouraged myself from the subject. In order to be the Black Cat I must have nothing to loose. "You should probably keep your friends away. Perhaps they'll stop being friends with you." I let the thought sink in. "How childish of you." I rolled my eyes mentally.

"So how about Thursday?" Alice asked, waiting for an answer. "Sorry?" I answered. "I wasn't listening. I had a thought." I admitted. "Oh dear, call 911... Y/n's had a thought." Ned joked. Everyone laughed at that. "Wow, I haven't seen a group of nerds this big since they came out with the foot long nerd bar..." A bored voice commented.

"MJ. How've you been?" Alice asked, shaking her hand. MJ raised an eyebrow, and said, "I've been great. Nobody bothers me at work, nobody gives me crap at school, and my college football team just brought home a medal. They won championships." She shrugged afterwards.

"What's your major?" Ned asked. "Art. Duh." Alice replied. "Oh... I forgot you did art." Ned replied sarcastically. "So, Peter, Y/n, have you two gotten together yet?" MJ asked, with a michevious grin.

Peter's coffee came out his nose, and I started to cough. I had swallowed some spit, however, it didn't go down the right. (Has this ever happened to anyone?) Alice and Ned cackled with glee, and MJ only grinned more.

Peter cussed as the cup of steaming coffee spilt over his shirt and pants. "Language!" Alice giggled. With a steaming face, I stood up abruptly, grabbed my satchel and speed walked towards the dorm. I picked up my phone, and called the government agency I'd soon be working for."Hello, this is Y/n, M/n, L/n. I'm ready. Give me an address and I'll be on my way." 

Peter's POV:
"What's her damage?" Ned asked. "I dunno." Alice murmured. MJ glared at me. "You told me you were making preparations for your date with Y/n! Were you?" MJ hissed. "I was preparing to ask her out!" I admitted angrily. "You told me this a month ago!" She groaned.

"Well, she's been disappearing a lot lately. So, this isn't his fault." Alice replied. "Wait... You were going to ask Y/n out?" Ned asked. "No, I was going to ask Black Widow out next time I saw her at my internship." I replied sarcastically. "Oh... Isn't she old enough to be-" Ned paused, then realised I was being sarcastic.

"Sorry! I still can't tell when you're being sarcastic or not!" Ned apologized. "I'd better explain to Y/n what happened here. It was nice to see you MJ." I raced to my dorm, and changed into fresh clothes, and put the coffee stained ones in the dirty clothes hamper.

"Some cologne wouldn't hurt." I shrugged. Perhaps, if I was lucky, I would have the courage to ask Y/n out. I reached her dorm. "Is this okay? Apologizing then asking them out?" I thought about it. "Instead of having a date, you could say you wanna catch up with her. When the catching up is done, then you can ask her out." Satisfied with how well this had come to a conclusion so quickly, I knocked.

Hey guys!
Sorry for all of the author notes. I was having a serious case of writers block. This all came to me last night as I got on, so I hope you all like it!
~Amber
Have a brilliant day! 😀