THE GALA PART TWO

For real this time.

I didn't cry while writing this.

My eyes stayed dry.

If you cry, then I'm sorry.

BUT it means I'm doing something right.

Okay, here is...

The Gala Part Two

Alice's POV: When the glass shattered and the German ambassador hit the floor, I saw Y/n, or Misty (whatever her name is now.) and Spider-Man run over to where I was. I thought they were coming to analyze the situation, and they were trying to apprehend the enemy. Jared, Jake and Michael ran over towards me as well. Then I saw it all too soon. The red laser, the target, it was pointed at me. The glass shattered once more and everything went slower than it should have. I saw Y/n try to intervene the bullet that was headed straight for me. I could move. I should've moved. I should've protected Y/n. But I didn't. She took everything. The impact was unbearable. I felt as if I were the one dying. That's when I saw Spider-Man yank Y/n back, and it was then when I saw how limp she was. But she was still crying. Jared wrapped his arms around my waist and tried to push me out of the way, but it was too late. The damage had already been done. 

"Y/n, I'm so terribly sorry... I should've moved." I thought, as Jared pushed me into the arms of Michael. He took his gun out and pulled the trigger, and the firing ceased. At least, it did for a second. Then he got shot. It was fatal. Jared died. Jake ran forward and was only stopped by the hand of Michael who let me hit the floor. I watched slowly as Michael grabbed a thrashing and screaming Jake. His brother was gone, all because I didn't move. Then I realised that I had taken a bullet as well. I gasped for air as I felt the cold icy hands of death wrap around my throat. "You have to hold on for Johnny!" I thought. I pictured his face... His smile, I heard the way he laughed, and I saw how the sunlight bounced off of his hair. The image started to fade, and then, I was gone.

Y/n's POV: "ALICE!" You yelled. She had to move, if she didn't she would die, unless... "Unless you take the fire for her." You thought. You ran forward to try and get to her, but Spider-Man held you back in his arms. "Y/n!" He yelled. His voice caught at the end of your name, almost as if he cared whether you died or not. One of Alice's friends ran forward, and threw her away from the damage before taking a shot. For a minute, the shooting stopped, then a second person (most likely) started to shoot again. He fell to the ground dead. You watched Alice lie on the ground after a comrade had lay her down, and you wondered if she would take the blame for your death. 

"Misty, talk to me please, are you okay, please tell me you're not dead..." You heard Spider-Man sob. 

"Why does he care... He's hardly known you. Besides, Alice is safe. She still gets to marry Johnny, she gets to raise a family... She'll tell Peter what happened... She'll remind him that I love him. That it was my choice." I thought as life seeped from my body. Everything sped up.

 I saw one of Alice's comrades yell and cry and shout, "She's gone, there's nothing we can do!"

The other tried to to compressions, but the other tore him from her cold, dead body. "The least we can do is take her back!" The one protested. The older one cursed, and then carried Alice bridal style to the edge of the room. That's when you knew you had to pursue the person who killed her. 

"Misty, listen to me, Misty-" Spider-Man yelled. You dropped to the floor, tore off the skirt of the dress, and underneath was a pair of shorts. You grabbed your garrote, and the gun out of your clutch before jumping out of the window.