Cuts and Bruises

Peter never came to the café last night, so Ned and I took our order and went to the dorms. I was careful not to show my bruises from riding my bike in the alley. It was cramped, and people, dangerous people, carried knives and sharp objects. "The old hit and run war tactic. Still around after a hundred years or so..." I thought.
It was getting closer to noon, and I decided to head toward my small shack. Memories from last night flooded my head. Mysterio... Spiderman... Broken mirrors... I ran a red light by accident, almost crashing my bike.
Incoherent yelling and screaming was directed at me. "You should sleep more." I told myself. A few minutes later, I arrived at the shack. I parked my bike inside, and put on my leather suit. I slipped the gloves on, and the razor blade claws unsheathed. I began to throw punches, and carefully crafted fight moves.
A few minutes later, I knew that I could risk my identity without my mask. I went downstairs and grabbed it along with my bag. I slipped the mask on,  and clipped the utility belt/cat tail on.
When I returned, I heard my curtain rail fall to the floor. "Who the heck would come here? This is private property. " I thought angrily.
I creeped up the stairs with ease, knowing where all of the weak spots were. I quieted my breathing, and steadied it. I unsheathed the claws, and peered around the corner. A deep and low growl generated in my throat.
I stepped into plain sight, knowing the danger that would follow. Suddenly, a quiet muffled voice gave away the whereabouts of the intruder. "The roof? Honestly, I expected a more concealed hiding spot." I smirked. Quietly, a figure dropped to the ground.
"What gave it away?" The figure asked. "The quiet muffled voice. I assume it is an AI assistant?" I queried.
"Yeah. How'd you hear it whiskers?" The figure asked. I whipped my head around, and smirked. "I've got intense hearing. As well as agility, and balance." It was the Spider. Of course it was, he'd be confused as to who I am. Friend or foe? "I assume that makes you a qualified match for me."  He shrugged. "After all, I've got perfectly balanced equilibrium, and super strength." He boasted.
"Care to dance?" I asked. He shrugged, "Why not my lady?" He replied.
He threw a punch, and I caught it. I twisted his arm, but he flipped me down onto my back. He leans over me, and laughed. I kicked him in the stomach, and got back up.
I scrabbled to the top of the stairs, the Spider crawling after me. I led him into my mirror maze, and he tried to follow me. I let my reflection be seen. He was surrounded by my reflection. I laughed and caused it to echo. I found that this usually drove people barking mad.
"What's wrong Spiderling? Can't find your way?" I taunted. The echo caused less suspicion of which direction I might be in. Fun house mirrors distorted our reflections, and small wires tripped the both of us. If I kept this up, I could win this battle.
I wasn't good. Nor was I bad when I was the Black Cat. If I felt like robbing, I'd do that. If I felt like taking a bullet, I'd also do it... Besides, it's no fun being just good, or bad. You have to live both.

Precisely why I went to school for becoming a cop. I could learn how the law works. Know how the psychos think, get inside the officials head... They'd have fun trying to catch me. Running just when another scene of mayhem occurs... Inflicting pain when pain is due... Seen as a menace by the officials, a hero to the kids. I would get the best of both worlds.

Sorry I know this is confusing, but it will make sense later. Stop reading if you don't care. Continue to read if you do.