coming out

The next three weeks had been full of bliss. Yoongi loved spending all his days in the company of Jimin, doing normal couple things. The pair had sort of just slipped into the normal habits of couples without any conversation about the matter, and as Yoongi nuzzled into the neck of the younger he felt so completely, utterly at peace. Now that he knew what love felt like he couldn't help wonder why he hadn't gone out to find it before now.

But, in the midst of one of the happiest times of his life, there was something dampening Yoongi's mood every day. Jimin had begun asking small questions about his family, casually throwing in off hand comments about meeting them, and every time Yoongi froze up completely. Because his mother didn't know that he was gay. And he hadn't quite gotten round to telling Jimin that his father was in fact completely out of the picture.

This problem was becoming increasingly difficult seeing as Yoongi's mother was coming to visit him for the weekend in a few days and so far Jimin had practically moved into Yoongi's small apartment. He didn't know why the younger wanted to live in such cramped conditions when he had a lovely apartment of his own, but being able to cuddle Jimin every night made Yoongi glad that the younger had decided to move in. Even if there wasn't enough room for the two of them.

"Hey Jimin," Yoongi whispered as the two lay panting and sweaty after a particularly exciting night together, "My mum is kind of coming this weekend, and I haven't really told her that I'm gay."

"Oh, that's okay, I'll go back to my own apartment..." Jimin replied, his face dropping slightly.

"No, I want you to meet her. And I want to tell her. I'm just so scared what she'll say, or think, or do," Jimin could see the panic slowly building in Yoongi's eyes, and to calm his racing thoughts Jimin placed a soft kiss on the elder's lips.

"We can face those bridges if they come up, but first let's clean this disgustingly filthy apartment," Jimin whispered, and Yoongi felt the nerves in his stomach calm slightly. Slightly.

***

"I've never been this scared in my life," Yoongi whispered to Jimin as he watched the clock, awaiting his mother's arrival.

Instead of speaking, Jimin simply squeezed the bartender's hand for support and the pair stared at each other for a second. There was something about staring into Jimin's eyes which made the world feel at peace all at once to Yoongi, and in that brief moment he felt his rambling thoughts and fears be silenced.

The doorbell broke him out of this trance, and he worked up the courage to answer it, his hands shaking as he twisted the doorknob. His mother threw herself into his arms, giving him a warm hug while gushing about how skinny he had become.

"You need to eat more!" she fussed as she walked into the apartment, so engrossed in speaking to her son that she didn't notice the blonde-haired boy who was sat on the couch.

Jimin hadn't wanted to stress out Yoongi more, but he too was terrified of meeting Yoongi's parents. He didn't think he was particularly good at meeting parents, especially due to his occupation. No one wants their beloved child dating a dirty stripper - right?

She seemed a little taken aback when she saw Jimin on the couch, but flashed a warm smile.

"Yoongi, you silly boy, you should have told me that we had company so I could have made more of an effort with my hair!"

"You look beautiful," Jimin replied, giving Yoongi's mother a charming smile that brought colour to her cheeks.

"And who is this wonderful young man?"

Jimin was about to respond with a simple 'I'm just his friend' answer when Yoongi butted in before he could open his mouth.

"This is my boyfriend, Jimin."

It was like the world stopped for a second for everyone in the room. Yoongi clasped a hand over his mouth, angry with himself for blurting it out so suddenly. Jimin stood in startled shock, having not expected to hear Yoongi say it so quickly. And Yoongi's mother. She stood in poised silence for a few seconds, before returning with a smile on her face.

"It's about time you started dating Yoongi," she replied with a good-humoured laugh, "I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get him to find someone Jimin."

And just like that she went over to sit next to Jimin, and Yoongi watched in awe as his mother and his boyfriend began to speak together. He backed into the kitchen to go and prepare lunch, in a complete state of shock that one goes through after accidentally revealing a huge secret. He had to question whether he had actually admitted that he was gay to his mother due to the lack of reaction in her.

After a few minutes of smalltalk between Jimin and Mrs. Min, the stripper felt as though he had to address the elephant in the room.

"That was really cool of you to react in that way to Yoongi coming out, I can imagine I'm not exactly the type of person most parents want their child to be dating."

"What do you mean, Jimin?" she asked in a concerned tone.

"We met at his job Mrs. Min, at the club. I'm a stripper there," he hung his head in shame, waiting for her back to stiffen and for the conversation to come to a halt.

"So you are a dancer then? A very noble profession. Almost as impressive as the way you have managed to make my son happier than I have ever seen him in his life," Jimin looked up at the last part to see deep sincerity in her eyes, and he resisted the urge to let tears spill out of his eyes.

"Do you really think he's happy?"

"I think he's more than happy," she whispered as Yoongi came out of the kitchen carrying plates of food, "I think he's euphoric."

-

-

YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF MY EUPHORIA

Sorry for my disgusting lack of updates, I hope a bit of fluff will make up for it :)