learning

The pair were silent as they sat in the back of Yoongi's taxi, but their hands remained intertwined. Without speaking, Yoongi led Jimin up to his hotel room, trying his best not to let the tears fall out his eyes. He needed to be stronger for the younger.

Jimin sat tentatively on the bed, and Yoongi could fully see what had happened to him. His cheeks which had been so full and squishy before were now gaunt, and his eyes had lost the shine they had once possessed. That shine which had captivated Yoongi so much.

"Baby..." Yoongi's voice cracked, "What happened? Why aren't you at the club? Why are you on the streets?"

Jimin shook his head, looking too tired to cry or speak or even look Yoongi in the eye. This was not the reunion Yoongi had dreamt of, and this was certainly not a situation he ever imagined having to face.

Going to sit next to the younger, he placed a hand on his back and stroked small circles, "Just tell me what happened."

Jimin sighed, his breathing shaky and uneven, and he placed his head in his hands.

"I was okay for the first few months you were gone. I had the crazy idea that maybe you would come back to me soon. But you never did. And it hurt. So I turned to things I knew would numb the pain..."

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut as if the memories physically hurt him.

"I started prostituting myself again in the club. I didn't care if they hurt me, if they used me, if they threatened me. J-Hope had to save me so many times from those clients, and I felt so guilty for causing him so much struggle and problems. So I left. Those men... They hurt me so much."

Yoongi found his blood thickening with anger, bubbling under his skin as he listened to Jimin's words. He was angry at those men, at J-Hope for not stopping Jimin from leaving, but mostly at himself. For allowing Jimin to go through all this alone.

"I fell into a routine. I would wake up, shoot some heroin and then go and pimp myself out on the streets at night to fund my addiction. I wanted anything - anything - to stop the whirring of my brain. But I needed more money than I had to pay for the drugs, and I lost my flat. I lost everything. So I came out onto the streets."

Jimin still wasn't crying, his voice remaining calm and collected as he spoke. But Yoongi could feel him shaking beneath him.

"Everything just hurt..." Jimin's voice finally crack, "Everything hurt and you weren't there to piece me back together. You had forgotten about me..."

"Hey," Yoongi said roughly, going in front of Jimin and kneeling before him, pressing their foreheads together, "I never forgot you. I would go to sleep each night and your face would haunt me. I became a shell of the person I once was, I lost myself - all because I didn't have you."

The pair remained in that position for a while, listening to the breathing of the other. Yoongi wiped away both his own and Jimin's tears, their bodies being bathed in the moonlight from the window. It felt surreal to be that close to each other again after years of separation.

Somehow the pair found themselves laying back in the bed, Jimin spooning Yoongi closely. Yoongi could hear his heartbeat hammering through his own chest at the feeling of Jimin's arms wrapped around his body, and he struggled to think of a time he had felt safer in the past two years.

While he listened to the soft snores of Jimin, he remained awake. He wanted to cherish this moment forever, being back with the man he loved despite the obstacles they had both faced. It felt like peace had been restored to his life.

But the morning light filtered into the room, and Jimin's eyes scrunched before opening. Yoongi watched him as he woke up, his heart fluttering as Jimin gave him a sleepy smile.

It was like the past two years hadn't occurred.

"I thought perhaps it had all been a dream," Jimin whispered, his voice still hoarse and croaky from sleep.

"I'm never going to leave you again," Yoongi replied, leaving a chaste kiss on the others lips.

"But your career.."

"They can all know who I am. Who I truly am. And they can choose to a fan or leave me. But I will never be able to live with myself if you ever hurt this much ever again."

And Yoongi vowed to keep this promise. He would never let Jimin be hurt again.

-

Right so I wrote this listening to 'Chasing Cars' and my god it made me so emotional. I need to sketch out how these last few chapters are going to go so thank you for your patience.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed 💜