together

"I can't go," Jimin whimpered, wrapping the duvet around him as Yoongi tried to coax him out of the hotel room.

The pair had spent the entire day in bed, eating food and exchanging stories from their lives. Jimin listened with wide eyes as Yoongi described all the places he had performed, all the people he had met, and all the crazy things he had done. Yoongi was sobered listening to Jimin recount his experiences, the younger's voice wavering slightly.

"I need to go, my concert is in three hours and I have to do a sound check," Yoongi mumbled, kissing the younger's forehead, "You need to see them again."

Yoongi had been trying to convince Jimin to go to his concert that evening for hours because all of their friends were going to be there. But it had been so long since Jimin had left their lives abruptly, and the younger wasn't sure if he could face them again. Guilt and shame hung on him heavily.

Somehow Yoongi managed to get the boy to leave the hotel room and into a car with tinted windows. He looked so small sat in the leather seats, his body hunching forward like he was still cowering in fear. Yoongi couldn't focus on the concert or the number of missed calls from him manager. He was still beating himself up for ever leaving Jimin.

The car ride was spent in an oppressive silence, and as they pulled into the stadium car park he noticed that Jimin was practically shaking with nerves. Pressing a soft kiss to his forehead, Yoongi held his hand tightly as they left the car. He wanted Jimin to know that he was never leaving again.

Yoongi's dressing room was already full of stylists and other members of staff, including his incredibly pissed off manager.

"Yoongi, what the fuck! Where have you been? And you rock up here three hours before you go on stage! Let me guess," he said as he eyes flickered over to Jimin, "This is some whore boy you've become infatuated with and you want to bring him along for the tour?"

Yoongi noticed now Jimin cowered slightly at the fact that his manager was raising his voice, and the sight of Jimin so scared by this filled Yoongi with untapped confidence, "He's actually my boyfriend. And if you want to keep me with your label, I suggest you never raise your voice at him again."

Not allowing himself to see his manager's reaction, Yoongi pushed past him and dragged Jimin behind him. The younger said nothing, but stroking the side of Yoongi's hand with his thumb. The gesture was enough for Yoongi to understand that Jimin was saying thank you.

He noticed how Jimin's body tensed up at the sound of laughing coming from inside the cafeteria, and he squeezed his hand again. Inside the room were all their friends, the people they had began this journey with. Yoongi had invited them all to watch him perform, but also to reunite them with Jimin. Except none of them knew that yet.

"I really don't think I can-"

Pressing his lips on to Jimin's to stop the whirring of the younger's brain, Yoongi smiled at him softly.

"They love you," Yoongi whispered, "You need to see them again."

Hands still linked, the pair walked into the room and silence washed over the whole room. The group of friends looked at Jimin with wide eyes, their eyes filling with every imaginable emotion.

"J-Jimin?" J-Hope managed to splutter out before running over to the boy and pulling him into the tightest embrace he could, stroking the younger's hair as he cried into the crook of his neck.

Next Jungkook came and kissed Jimin's cheeks, tears already flowing down his own. He managed to whisper how much he had missed him before breaking down into sobs.

Namjoon held Jimin close to his chest, trying his best not to cry as well. Jin scolded the boy jokingly, tears of pure happiness pricking his eyes. Taehyung kissed Jimin on the top of his forehead, the lump in his throat too large to speak.

"You've come back to us?" Jungkook managed to say once the embraces were over.

Jimin nodded, looking at Yoongi with expectant eyes.

"We've both come back," Yoongi replied, kissing Jimin's forehead softly and for that moment it felt like they were the only two people in the universe.

Yoongi knew he was staying in Seoul forever. To build his life with Jimin, with his friends, back with his family.

"Yoongi to sound check!" One of the staff called out, and Yoongi reluctantly left the group to go and practice. As he looked back, he saw the circle close around Jimin and he knew that he could always rely on his friends to protect the man he loved.

***

Sweaty, exhausted, but happy Yoongi came off stage at the end of the concert, the crowd still cheering his name.

"Good show," his manager came over and told him, "You know you can't keep that boy around. I don't know what you're thinking Yoongi."

"Have you ever been in love? In love so hard you feel as though the world was made in colour just so you could admire the sparkle in someone's eye? In love so much that you feel as though your hearts must beat the same rhythm because you feel their pain?"

His manager tried to cut him off, but Yoongi continued.

"I can't let him go. Because that would require me to lose a part of myself. And I don't think you'd be a very good manager if you were telling me to cut off one of my legs, so this is no different," for once his manager looked stumped.

His blood still boiling from anger, Yoongi charged away to go and find his friends. His anger dissipated at seeing Jimin joking with Jungkook, Namjoon kissing Jin softly, and Taehyung and J-Hope arguing over food.

This is where he felt safest. This is where his home was.

Jimin looked in his direction, and a smile broke out across the younger's face. That smile cemented his gut feeling.

He was never leaving these people, this place, and most importantly the man he loved.

THE END

I promised a happy ending and I have delivered. What a journey. I'm so glad so many of you have fallen in love with these characters like I have, and I hope you've enjoyed reading 💜💜