worth it?

The airport blurred as tears filled Yoongi's eyes, Jimin wrapping his arms around him, enveloping him in a warmth he knew he would never feel again. The past month had been agony, knowing every day that passed was one day closer to Yoongi leaving Jimin. He was aware of his manager glaring at him, waiting for Yoongi to leave his love's embrace.

But Yoongi wanted one second more in paradise.

Pulling away from the deep hug, tears running down his face, he pressed his lips softly against Jimin's. It felt like their first kiss, so full of emotion and passion. Yoongi felt himself melt into Jimin, momentarily forgetting the pain in his heart.

"Don't forget me," Yoongi whispered to Jimin, wiping away his tears.

"I don't think I could if I wanted to," Jimin laughed, his eyes now filling with tears.

The speakers in the airport called out for passengers on Yoongi's plane to board, and his manager came and tapped on his shoulder. Feeling panic rise inside him, Yoongi frantically began to kiss Jimin's face.

"I love you," Yoongi said breathlessly, "And I will never stop loving you."

He didn't have time to hear Jimin's reply as he was dragged away to the plane, tears now clouding his vision entirely. He allowed himself to be led onto the plane, and as he sat in his seat with his shoulders slumped he thought of Jimin's face. His beautiful lips, his eyes which turned to crescents when he laughed, his soft hair which Yoongi loved running his hands through. Yoongi couldn't imagine how he would be able to wake up every morning without seeing Jimin's face.

His manager sat next to him with a stony face, and Yoongi began to question whether he was really making the right decision. Going to America was his dream, but it shouldn't hurt this much to achieve this.

"Dry your eyes, you can't do that where we're going," his manager hissed at him, and Yoongi shrunk further back into his seat.

He had always enjoyed putting on his persona of SUGA when he was rapping, but the idea of playing that role 24/7 seemed horrible to him. Never being allowed to be who he truly was, never having anyone to cry to, no one to listen to his hopes and fears.

But this was his dream.

The kind of thing he would think of every night before he went to bed, the thing which had filled his head with daydreams at school. And now it was here. And he was crying, next to a man who didn't care about him, leaving the boy he loved.

Was it really worth it?

***

It was night when they left the plane, and Yoongi pulled his surgical mask over his face. As they drove to the hotel, he looked out the window and marvelled at the skyscrapers and buildings he saw. He was really in New York. A place where dreams become reality.

He texted Jimin to let him know that he had landed safely. The pair hadn't worked out fully what they were going to do. Neither wanted to cut the other out of their life, but the idea of clinging onto each other when they wouldn't see each other hurt just as much.

Despite the bright lights of the new city, there was nowhere Yoongi wanted to be more than in his bed at home with Jimin holding him tightly as they made love. His manager was talking on the phone in a language Yoongi only vaguely knew, and he felt the cold chill of loneliness go through him.

He was alone in this new world, with no friends to lean on.

This was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

-

Sorry for the a) very short chapter b) very shit chapter. I promise things will get better in the next chapter when some more drama happens!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)