Chapter 17

It was the final match of the semifinals Bakugou vs Tokoyami! Tsuna, however, knew what the outcome will be and got up to go prepare for his match with the porcupine. He sat in the assigned waiting room thinking of a plan, yet ultimately he guessed a proper plan wouldn't work against Bakugou. Tsuna listened to the explosions and the mediocre commentary about the fight. It was about over when someone knocked on the door to the waiting room. Curious Tsuna went to see who it was.

"Midoriya? Todoroki?" Tsuna questioned confused.

"Can we come in Sawada?" Shouto asked. Tsuna nodded mutely and let the two in. Shouto closed the door as Izuku began talking.

"I was wondering if you needed help coming up with a plan to beat Kacchan," Izuku said. "There's some time before the match if you would like to strategize."

"I came here to help," Shouto said leaning on the door making sure no one was coming. Tsuna looked between the two before sighing.

"I guess we can if that'll make you feel better though I tend to think on my feet when it comes to unpreditcable people," Tsuna said walking over to the table that was in the room. Izuku followed but Shouto stayed standing by the door.

"Well Kacchan is very straight forward unless he doesn't take the fight seriously. Like with Yamaoto-kun he attacked with out mercy. I think that's what he'll do with you, though I can't be sure. I think your best option is to freeze him in place, but then again he could probably blast the ice off-" Izuku said before being cut off by a low chuckle from Tsuna.

"He doesn't have any hope of melting my ice." Tsuna mused. 

"What do you mean?" Shouto questioned. Tsuna smirked and let ice creep up the canadan flag hero in training's leg.

"Try using your fire to melt that," Tsuna said sitting back in his seat arms folded. Shouto did try several times to melt the ice, but found he couldn't and looked at Tsuna in surprise. Tsuna made the ice retreat as he smirked.

"See what I mean?" Tsuna chuckled. 

"Yes I do," Shouto said noding. Izuku was also looking surprised.

"W-well in that case you should try and freeze him in place," Izuku stated looking at Tsuna. Tsuna thought for a moment.

"Maybe if I get a chance, however if I can't I most likely will come up with another plan or think of somethinng as the situation progresses," Tsuna muttered after a moments thought.

"Alright we should go so you have time to prepare," Izuku said standing up and headed for the door.

Shouto nodded. "Good luck Sawada."

Tsuna nodded smiling. "Thank you you two."

They left Tsuna alone in the waiting room to mull over what was said. Soon he and Bakugou were called out to the arena.

“This is the final round of the sports festival! This round is Bakugou Katsuki vs Sawada Tsunayoshi!” Mic shouted as the named people walked out to the arena. Bakugou looked pissed off with his hands in the pockets of his uniform pants. Tsuna sighed wondering how this fight would go since he didn’t want to hurt the ones he had to fight. After a moment Midnight started the fight. Bakugou was the first one to move, he attacked Tsuna viciously not allowing him to light a flame. All Tsuna was able to do was dodge the explosions that were coming from Bakugou’s hands.

“Stop holding back damn it!” Bakugou snarled. Tsuna was startled forgetting to dodge. Bakugou hit him with an explosion which caused the brunet to stagger before dodging another blast. The Vongola Decimo jumped backward and made a quick wall of ice to block Bakugou for a moment while he regained his mindset.

“An attack finally hit the elusive brunet! Is he slowing down?” Mic questioned. A tension was present in the air as everyone watched Tsuna stand safely behind the wall of ice he made, his face had soot, and blood on it. Meanwhile, Bakugou was blasting away at the ice with no avail of ever breaking it.

“I haven’t been caught off guard for a long while Bakugou, good job…” Tsuna mumbled putting a hand to his face which had gotten the brunt of the explosion. He glanced up at Bakugou who was angrily trying to break the wall of ice. The next moment Tsuna quickly melted the ice wall noting Bakugou was managing to put a dent in the ice. Tsuna quickly dodged Bakugou’s explosions. Each explosion was getting bigger and bigger as well as stronger. Tsuna was actually having a hard time dodging the explosions which were surprisingly faster than the bullets Reborn shot at him during his training.

Soon the explosions started causing the ring to be broken up and shot in various directions. Tsuna’s eyes narrowed, he needed to put an end to this match, but he didn’t want to hurt Bakugou to do that. Though if this keeps going the crowd will be put in danger because of the explosions. He needed an opening, but Bakugou wasn’t giving him one.

“Are you going to stop holding back already?!” Bakugou shouted angrily. Tsuna sighed grumbling slightly as he jumped back a good distance closing his eyes as he did so.

“Fine, you don’t want me to hold back? Then I won’t,” Tsuna stated opening his eyes revealing rather than the normal color of warm caramel brown they were a pitch black. Bakugou stopped in his tracks startled. The crowd went silent as did Mic, Aizawa and the other students.

“What the hell?!” Bakugou shouted glaring. Tsuna narrowed his eyes as a black flame lit on his hand before he kneeled down. The black flame once it touched the ground it shot towards Bakugou surrounding him, not even a moment later it spread underneath his feet. Bakugou tried to get out of it but orange chains had wrapped around his ankles pulling him into the black flames. Once Bakugou was fully in the flames another black flaming circle appeared over the grass part of the field. Tsuna stood up just as Bakugou fell out of the circle with a shout of surprise. Everyone stood or sat in shock. Tsuna’s eyes faded back to caramel brown as he staggered managing to keep his footing.

“Ba-Bakugou Katsuki is out of bounds! Sawada Tsunayoshi is the winner!!!” Midnight shouted after a moment. Bakugou was trying to figure out what the hell had happened.

Tsuna lifted his hand to his ear. “Ryohei...I’m going to collapse here in a few seconds……..I’m so tired…...don’t let anyone worry about me okay?” He mumbled tiredly. He gained an affirmative answer just as he collapsed passing out from exhaustion.