Chapter 23

Tsuna sat in his office hoping Hayato would be alright fighting Stain. He ran a hand through his hair as he sighed, looking at the time he got up to make sure the three students were up and getting ready for the party that was soon. As he walked down the hall cold air was coming out of the room Shouto was in. Tsuna chuckled not wanting to know what the other two were doing to his poor unfortunate workers. Shinso stormed out of his room dressed partially in a suit.

"Having trouble?" Tsuna mused looking at Shinso trying to run away from the maid and butler tailing him. Shinso just glared at Tsuna ducking under a grab by the butler.

"Decimo a little help please," the maid pleaded as Shinso evaded their grasps again before hiding behind the brunet don. Shinso was using him as a shield between the two workers. Tsuna nods lightly and the butler started to walk towards him. The two moved simultaneously Tsuna jumped flipping over Shinso as the butler grabbed the unsuspecting and surprised purple-haired teen. Shinso yelped as he was dragged back into the room to finish getting ready. Tsuna laughed lightly as he went to check on the other two.

Shouto was going along reluctantly, but he was making the room rather cold. Tsuna watched from the doorway amused by what was going on. The butler that was helping Shouto was freezing but was refusing to say or do anything about it.

"Don't catch a cold Raymond," Tsuna said startling the two from their silent argument.

"Of course Decimo," Raymond said nodding. Shouto sighed and looked away from Tsuna.

"Oh, Todoroki do well to remember that after this ball the training will be kicked up a notch," Tsuna mused before walking out of the room. That caused Shouto to pale and the room suddenly warmed up some. As for Tokoyami, he had just given up and let the two workers do as they wanted. Once Tsuna had checked on the three he went to get ready for the celebration himself.

Once the three students were ready they were escorted to the ballroom which was decorated in the Vongola colors of orange and gold, also where other higher-ups for lots of different companies were waiting. The most notable one was the Simon CEO who was one of the youngest in the room yet also one of the most respected. The three UA students stuck together mainly in awe, even though they try to be stoic it was impossible in this situation. The CEO's in the room left the three alone though throwing near suspicious glances their way.

Enma excused himself from who he was talking to and walked over to the three nervous teens. The three were off to one side extremely nervous wanting Tsuna to show up.

"Relax you three, these CEO's I swear can smell fear and weakness," Enma mused making the three students flinch. The three moved closer to each other before taking a step back away from Enma far more terrified than facing villains. Enma sweatdropped.

"Well, I guess I'll go see where our host is," Enma said before walking away from them and up the stairs to the main part of the manor. Outside the door, to the ballroom, Tsuna was talking with his father. Iemitsu left after a moment and Enma walked up to Tsuna.

"The students are freaking out," Enma mused. Tsuna turned to face him and smirked.

"Good this is a test to see how they hold up in these types of events," Tsuna said.

Enma chuckled. "Seems like Reborn has rubbed off on you."

"He was and still is my tutor," Tsuna mused. "Either way lets head in."

Enma smiled gently, taking Tsuna's hand pulling him closer. "Nah, let's let them simmer for a bit longer. I haven't seen you for a while."

Tsuna looked up at the redhead smiling lightly. "So what do you want to do?" He asked running his fingers through the red hair which was white at the roots. Enma didn't verbally respond as he kissed the shorter brunet.

Shouto looked around at the CEO's around him and the other two students. The CEO's were ignoring them for the most part as they talked all were wondering where Decimo was.

"Where is Sawada?" Tokoyami questioned looking at the door. Shinso shook his head with a shrug.

"Well the Simon CEO hasn't come back either," Shouto said.

"So what do we do? Just stand here? I mean why do we even have to be here?" Shinso grumbled folding his arms.

"I assume this is part of our internship," Tokoyami stated. "As for what we do, it doesn't seem like anyone is doing anything."

Shouto nodded in agreement. "Perhaps that's because Sawada has not yet made his appearance."

Tokoyami shrugged. "That could be it, but who knows haven't you been to something like this before Todoroki?"

"I have not. My father usually goes alone." Shouto replied.

Shinso sighed. "This is boring, and we can't leave because it's part of our internship. This is stupid..."

Shouto looked around after feeling a glare. "You probably shouldn't say anything like that aloud."

Shinso put his hands in his pockets. "I really don't care what I can or can't say."

"You should care," Kyoya stated walking up to them. The three flinch in surprise having not heard the security head approach them.

"Why is that?" Shinso asked looking at the elder man.

Kyoya smirked. "Because Vongola and every other company that the CEO's represent are very influential and if you make one wrong move-" the black-haired man chuckled. "Kiss your career goodbye before it even started."

Before Shinso could say anything Shouto froze his mouth shut and black shadow covered his mouth with a clawed hand. Kyoya chuckled as the door opened and Enma slipped in the ballroom with a small smirk quickly descending the stairs.

"Well here comes Decimo." Kyoya mused and headed to the bottom of the stairs. After a moment Tsuna opened the doors rather roughly scanning the crowd for Enma. He walked down the stairs the doors shutting behind him. He and Kyoya exchanged a few words before the brunet was swarmed by several CEO's. With Tsuna's entrance, the party was in full bloom with plenty of heavy drinking.

Towards the end of the party around, 2 am, Tsuna managed to make his way over to the three interns. The three were talking amongst themselves discussing a few things about what has been going on.

Tsuna chuckled. "You three have held up well while I wasn't here. Good job. Now let's see if you can survive the rest of your internship," he mused startling the three.

"What do you mean?" Shinso asked. The other two agreed with the question.

"That's what I mean. You'll be heavily protected of course if a situation does come up," Tsuna said.

"What?" Shouto asked confused. Just then the 3 am chime rang ending the party. Tsuna finished his drink walking away from the three to thank people for coming at the door. When everyone was gone Tsuna went to his room dragging Enma with him leaving the students confused as they too went to their rooms.