Chapter 31

Takeshi and Sero just walked into the area as the buzzer sounded. Sero looked around not sure where the R rated hero was. They looked around cautiously as they walked through the area and to the exit gate. Takeshi had his sword in his hand, a dog at his side, and a bird on his shoulder. Sero was focused on the test so he didn't react to the animals' sudden appearance.

The closer they got to the exit gate the more on edge Takeshi became. Sero noticed and looked around. Ziro(Jirou) suddenly barked and lunged at Midnight who was sneaking up behind them. Sero and Takeshi turn to face Midnight as Ziro was flung back. Takeshi caught the dog and gently set him on the ground.

Midnight smirked. "I wasn't expecting the dog, Yamamoto."

Takeshi smiled. "Haha really? Thought you would be. Kojirou go."

The bird on his shoulder chirped before flying above them raining down rain flames to cut out Midnight's quirk as she tore the arm of her costume. Sero was a bit at a loss of what to do. This wasn't what they planned.

"Sero..." Takeshi muttered glancing at Sero. Sero gulped and nodded before making a break for it. Though as soon as he left Takeshi's side he fell victim to both the rain flames and Midnight's quirk.

Tsuna watched the screen with his arms folded.

Hayato stood next to him. "How do you think it'll go?"

"Hard to say since both have advantages and disadvantages," Tsuna said. Izuku glanced at them somewhat confused. He knew they were older than they looked, but that's all he knew and wanted to know more. Yet when he asked they didn't tell him anything. The two Vongolas fell silent watching the standoff between the rain guardian and the pro hero. The standoff didn't last long as the two moved quickly.

Takeshi's sword arm had just been entangled by Midnight's whip when Tsuna got a call. The brunet answered the phone walking away from the screen. Hayato glanced at his boss before looking back at the screen watching the taller teen. Things weren't looking good for the rain guardian.

"Hayato," Tsuna said giving a silent order to come before lifting his hand to his ear. Hayato pulled his attention away and walked over saying nothing.

Takeshi had his eyes narrowed keeping his footing so Midnight didn't pull him around. Midnight was smirking thinking she had won. Ziro had been kicked away and returned to Takeshi's necklace to hurt to help his master.

'Takeshi, finish the fight now. We need to leave. Mukuro has finally woken up.' Tsuna's voice came over the comm system. Takeshi's eyes widened a bit smirking.

"Yes, boss," Takeshi mumbled before planting his back foot into the ground. Using all of his strength he pulled Midnight off her feet towards him. Surprised, Midnight stumbled forward. In a quick movement, Takeshi cuffed Midnight and stabbed the chain into the ground with his sword. Midnight landed in a heap as the buzzer went off announcing Takeshi and Sero as finishing the exam. Takeshi nodded to himself freed Midnight and took Sero to Recovery Girl. He then hightailed it to change and catch up to Tsuna and Hayato who had already left the school. Hayato and Tsuna were hurrying to the hospital when Takeshi caught up with them. None of them said a word.

When they got there Reborn and Ryohei was waiting for them. The three dropped the illusion hiding their appearance walking up to them.

"How is he?" Tsuna asked looking at Ryohei.

Ryohei smiled. "Awake and talking. Acting normal despite being too hurt to properly move."

Tsuna sighed in relief. Takeshi and Hayato smile lightly.

"Giving Hibari a hard time huh?" Takeshi chuckled.

Ryohei laughed smiling. "Of course he is."

"Well come on stop standing around," Reborn stated before walking away. The four followed the hitman to Mukuro's room.

~~~~~~~

A/N sorry for the super short chapter but I wanted the next chapter to be something special. Also this chapter I have been struggling on the fight between Takeshi and Midnight for over a year now, so my apologies for the less than mediocre fight scene but that's all I could muster up. But I'm back to writing this and as I said before I promise to finish this even if I lose interest in it. Simply because this has been so much fun to write.