Chapter 20

The plane landed in Sicily and the three students have ushered off the plane and into a waiting limo. Tsun watched the three stoic ones becoming a little less stoic as they drove along the ancient street towards the oldest still in use mansion.

"How old is this town?" Tokoyami asked looking out the window at the scenery.

"Well, the island was first inhabited by the Greeks in the 8th century BC. The most important colony was established in 734 BC. In other words very old." Tsuna answered looking out the window at the passing more modern buildings.

"Interesting," Shinso said as they pass a collection of statues. "Uhm, Sawada why are there statues of you?"

Tsuna chuckled. "Actually that's not me even though it looks like it. It's actually my great great great grandfather and his friends. 400 years ago he saved the town from oppression and poverty. He is hailed a hero on this island and a criminal on the mainland."

"So he's both a hero and a villain?" Shouto asked looking the brunet.

"That's correct," Tsuna nodded crossing his legs and leaned back against his seat.

"Then how did Vongola come to be?" Shinso asked. Tsuna turned opening up the window to where the driver was before speaking.

"Quanto tempo ancora prima di arrivare alla villa?*" Tsuna questioned the driver.

"Non motto piu a lungo, circa 15 minuti Decimo.**" The driver replied.

"Grazie," Tsuna said before turning his attention back to the three younger teens. "Well in truth Vongola has been around for 400 years, but the Vongola you know today has only existed for a 100 years. My father's side originated here in Sicily, my great great great grandfather actually moved to Japan after an underworld war finished. Vongola was then left to his cousin. The cousin and his family remained as the heads of Vongola for nine generations. Each generation has lived in the same mansion for well 400 years and counting. The Vongola mansion is the largest and oldest still in use mansion in Italy."

The three looked at each other skeptically at the last sentence. Yet before they could say anything the mansion came into view rendering them speechless. Tsuna smirked his reaction had been similar when he came here to live at 14.

"Amazing isn't it," Tsuna chuckled watching the three teens as they looked out the windows in awe. The limo pulled to a stop near the front steps after going around the fountain. Someone opened the door from the outside for the four. Tsuna got out first followed by the younger three.

"Bentornato a casa Decimo,***" the workers greeted the brunet who was smiling gently.

"E bello essere a casa,****" Tsuna said happily walking towards the large oak door. The three looked at each other wondering if they should even follow the elder who obviously isn't the person they thought he was. Tsuna paused looking back, at them and motioned them to follow with a small laugh. Shouto was the first to follow, then Tokoyami, and lastly Shinso. Once inside several maids or butlers bowed to Tsuna. The other three noticed and looked around in awe at, well everything. Shouto once in a while looked at Tsuna trying to see the brunet in a new light. A butler had walked up to Tsuna and had started talking when Shouto decided to ask a question. The Canadian flag teen sighed and waited. Tokoyami and Shinso were fascinated by everything having never seen anything like this before.

Soon Shouto got a chance to ask Tsuna his question.

"Sawada, who are you really?" Shouto asked drawing Tsuna's attention away from what he was being shown by the butler. Tsuna motioned to the butler and he nodded before walking off.

"That's right I haven't formally introduced myself to you three. Come with me and I'll tell you," Tsuna stated with authority in his voice leaving no room for the three to argue. They followed silently wondering where they were being led.

Tsuna stopped at, compared to everything else, a rather modest mahogany door. It was smaller than the other doors so far.

"Now what I tell you must not be repeated to anyone outside this mansion, most importantly not to anyone at UA," Tsuna stated opening the door. The lights in the room turned on as soon as the door was opened. The four walked into the room after the heroes in training agreed not to tell anyone. In the room ten near floor to ceiling paintings hung on the wall. Each painting had a plaque underneath them that was hard to read from afar.

The three looked at Tsuna after the brunet cleared his throat. He was standing in front of the tenth painting.

"Each of these paintings marks a generation of Vongola. They also mark points in Vongola's long history. The third boss, Trezo, was the one who started Vongola down the company road but the sixth boss, Sesto, officially made it a company 100 years ago. Each of the previous bosses are my relatives and predecessors. I'm the tenth boss of Vongola. I am Tsunayoshi Sawada Vongola, Vongola Decimo, and Vongola Neo Primo." Tsuna said as the light that was blocking the paintings from being viewed dimmed. The three UA students took several steps backward in shock once the paintings full glory showed.

"Then why-why are you at UA?" Tokoyami asked while the other two were at a loss for words.

"There is no reason for me to tell you my reasons. Now your rooms will be shown to you so you three can process everything that has happened before dinner," Tsuna said as the same butler from earlier came into the room.

"Please follow me, young sirs," the butler said drawing their attention while Tsuna slipped into a secret passageway. The three teens followed the old man to their rooms. Once in their rooms, they saw that their bags were already there after that they met up to discuss what they had just been told.

~~~~~~~~~~

*How much longer to the manor?

**Not much longer, about 15 minutes Decimo.

***Welcome home Decimo.

****It's good to be home.