CHAPTER 19: The rooftop

Time: Unknown
Location: I'm used to it by now. I've been down here for years. The DETERMINATION is the only thing that warms me now.

My feet dangled off of the old Inn, and kicked the air playfully like a child. The snow-covered roof wasn't cold enough for me, as my hands rested in the thick snow, pushing small clumps off. I watched them fall into the oblivion of white that one could call the snow-covered ground. The whiteness of the snow blended in with my skeletal fingers, and my blue jacket was the only thing that allowed my eyes to distinguish my hand from the snow.

"OUR HUMAN FRIEND IS DOING QUITE WELL FOR THE FIRST ENCOUNTER." Papyrus grinned.

I chuckled darkly, my skeletal hands picked up a handful of snow, playing with it in between my fingers, letting the excess power run through them. The rest that laid in my palm was soon crushed by my formed fist, pushing any snow left in my hand, out of the cracks and crevasses of my phalanges. "So, what do you think?" I grinned widely, still kicking my feet.

My glance stayed down at the snow, where the door bursted open from inside of the old Inn, and the small-looking human girl stumbled out and into the snow, helplessly. "Look at her frightened eyes, Papyrus." I grinned. "She looks so helpless." I quietly said as she tried her hardest to run away from the horrors she had just witnessed. "So weak." I continued to name the sick qualities of that monster. She wasn't even human, not after what she did to them. "Such a coward." I spat, turning up my nose at her begging and pleading limps to get away.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HER, SANS?" Papyrus asked me. "WHY IS SHE ACTING LIKE SHE HAS DONE NOTHING?" He asked me as I stared at her lowly figure rush to the edge of town and towards waterfall. "WHY ISN'T SHE GETTING WHAT SHE DESERVES?" He gridded his teeth angrily, and his hands curled into tight fists.

My fists curled tightly, my emotions were raging wildfires inside of my hollow skull. I was angry, and confused, but yet, I was in bliss! I was in peace! Finally! I could care about nothing but myself! Just spread the LOVE around for all to feel! "AH! THE EXHILARATION WE WOULD FEEL WHEN YOUR KNIFE WOULD SINK INTO HER FRAGILE HEART!" Papyrus exclaimed, as I laid down upon my back, spreading my arms out with a large grin on my face. "OR CUT HER STOMACH OPEN SLOWLY."

"It was so much fun to make her scream and run away in fear." I said, lighting my purple-flamed eye. It was purple magic; the color of insanity. The mixture of DETERMINATION and Patience. "The look of terror on her face made it seem like it was the first time she had ever seen my attacks! It was truly...." I trailed off, exhaling, laughing mechanically and arching myself back, stretching into the snow.

"EXHILARATING." Papyrus continued, circling around my head slightly, as I closed my eye sockets for a short 3 seconds. "IT WILL BE FUN TO MESS WITH HER THIS TIME AROUND, BROTHER." Papyrus grinned, laughing slightly with my own laughter. "WHO KNEW TODAY WOULD BE SO EXCITING?" He laughed loudly.

"Hush Papyrus! She'll hear us!" I snapped. Grinned once more. "But I have to agree with you, preying on the weak is so much more fun when you can torture the hope out of their eyes." I laughed, holding my head as it rested on the pillow of snow underneath me. "What makes it so wrong I do it?" I grinned. "Chara did it to us." I smiled widely and insanely. "It's only fair she gets the same treatment. Maybe even worse." I chuckled.

I sat up quickly, swinging my body weight up and sitting straight. My legs still hung loosely over the edge of the roof. Chara was not in sight anymore. "LOOKS LIKE WE DON'T NEED TO BE QUIET ANYMORE." Papyrus said, practically reading my thoughts, once again. "DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD INVESTIGATE NOW?" He grinned, earning a smile from me in response.

"Oh I would love to." I laughed, flashing a wide grin to nothing in particular. It seemed like everything was funny to me now, but that fact didn't matter. It was too funny to think about. "Hold onto me, Pap." I laughed, and summoned up my magic.

I quickly teleported into the room where Chara had stayed in from the previous night. The digital clock read around 4:00 am. "DID YOU HAVE TO TURN THE HEATER ON SO HIGH?" Papyrus asked me, pushing me over to the heater to turn off.

I was already sweating, probably because I got used to the icy temperatures. I hated Hotland. "Yeah yeah. I'm working on it." I said, turning off the heater and evading the melted rubber mess by the side of it. "I needed to wake her up somehow." I said, grinning as I looked at the holes everywhere, where the drywall cracked and began to give out. "I thought it was pretty funny though." I chuckled, feeling the hole that was placed by me just an hour ago. The feeling of the ripped mattress and sheets felt nice on my fingertips. I only wish I was in the room so I could have finished the job. "I want to make her pay for what she did." I gridded my teeth.

Where is it?

"THERE IT IS!" Papyrus said, pointing to the nightstand with glee. "ITS RIGHT WHERE YOU SAID IT WOULD BE! YOU'RE ALWAYS SO SMART, BROTHER!" He grinned to me, as I walked over quickly towards the nightstand with a crazed smile.

"You're right." I said, picking up the device that Chara walked around with constantly in my skeletal hands. "Now let's see what this is." I said to myself, powering it on like I saw her do in the woods the previous day. "Do you have any ideas?" I asked Papyrus.

"WELL, IT MADE A LOUD, STRANGE NOISE WHENEVER YOU GOT NEARER TO HER. MAYBE IT DETECTS IF YOU'RE CLOSE TO HER OR NOT." Papyrus suggested. "ITS A DIRTY MOVE. THATS CHEATING IF YOU WANTED TO SNEAK UP ON HER!" He complained.

"I was thinking the same thing, bro." I said, watching the screen light up. Soon after it powered on, it went ballistic, making loud, strange noises I was unfamiliar with. It caused me to jump, dropping the small device to make it shut up. "Huh." I said, picking it back up again and looking at the cracked screen. "This'll come in handy in the future." I grinned.  "But for now, let's just say she's powerless without this little contraption." I grinned, my hand twitched, and along with it came my laughter. "I'm getting restless. I need to hear more of their screams." I laughed. "I need to kill."

"I NEED TO KILL THEM ALL." Not just Papyrus said, laughing. We were in sync. Almost as if the same monster with the same tortured mind.

"I will be all of their downfalls." I grinned, teleporting out of the Inn to head towards waterfall.

SANS:  LVL     27                  HP     99/99
              EXP    110