CHAPTER 26: Into the Snow

Location: Snowdin
Time: 7:46 A.M.
The days are growing shorter. I'm starting to have fun for once. Will Chara be my fatality? Or will I be the one to destroy her? She's making things too easy.

Sitting at the kitchen table, I stared blankly across the empty table, where Papyrus sat in front of me. A singular, empty chair sat to my left, which made room for a third party guest, should the need ever arrive. I chuckled at the thought. I sat silently, drinking coffee in the darkness of my home, a singular kitchen light loomed above the dining room table. You could almost think that the skeleton sitting inside the old home was in-fact sane from the perspective of an onlooker, however, that thought was not the case.

I grinned, thinking of nothing in particular as my mind wandered into the depths of no return. No mind had ever wandered the realms that mine had been in, sinking into the great lengths of insanity, back, and to insanity again. No mind had ever been there.

Another sip of my morning coffee, a habit my insanity never took away from me, and I glanced out the window, to see a dust pile get carried away with the wind of an oncoming snowstorm. "Looks like another blizzard today." I said to Papyrus aloud, humming slightly. "You think today should be it?" I suggested, raising my eyebrows. "I left her in there for two days now. Not a single bit of contact." I mumbled before taking another sip of my coffee. The quiet morning made the small house only seem more anonymous that it had already appeared with the now broken Christmas lights across the sides of the roof.

"IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS TO BE THE RIGHT CHOICE, BROTHER, THEN I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY." Papyrus said, looking out the window, staring off into space along with me. The house had been very quiet since we had ventured back down into the underground after coming out of the surface world. It was so peaceful down here now, so desolate. "MAKE HER SUFFER." Papyrus said, grinning. "WE NEED TO MAKE SURE SHE NEVER HARMS YOU EVER AGAIN. THAT HAS BEEN OUR GOAL FROM THE BEGINNING." Papyrus laughed.

"You're right." I smiled. "You always are." I grinned, my insanity shined through my wide, permanent smile. "I've never disagreed with you on anything, after-all." I made a very true statement. I had never disagreed with Papyrus on anything, it's like he always knew exactly what I was thinking, twenty-four-seven. It was incredible to have someone think so just like me.

"ARE YOU PREPARED TO FINALLY KILL HER?" Papyrus said. "GAINING THAT MUCH LV DURING SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME COULD DRIVE YOU INSANE." Papyrus said, grinning. "WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T LET YOU GO INSANE, THAT COULD BE TROUBLE WAITING TO HAPPEN." He grinned once more, watching me sip on my coffee slowly.

"That would be bad if I had lost my sanity. You might have to take care of me." I chuckled. "But I'm not insane. I have you to prove that." I said, taking the last swing of my coffee slowly, but with one full gulp. I stood up, walking over to the sink. "You cleaned." I said, surprised, looking at the empty sink.

"WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DO THE CLEANING?" Papyrus said, grinning widely. "NOT YOU, OF COURSE. THAT WOULD REQUIRE TOO MUCH EFFORT ON YOUR PART." Papyrus said. "I LIKE TO CLEAN, NONETHELESS." He grinned widely.

"You never cease to amaze me." I said, chuckling. "Come on", I said, nodding towards the door. "It's time to pay the girlie a visit." I grinned, matching Papyrus' wide one. He had almost a sinister look, but that's how we both looked most of the time. As skeletons, emotions were hard to express, so our faces always looked neutral and skeptical.

"WITH PLEASURE." Papyrus said, following me after I had teleported towards the old 'human capture zone', or just our shed. I teleported outside of the door, and I put the tips of my skeletal fingers on the frozen doorknob, gently caressing the cold metal of the brass lever. "WELL?" Papyrus urged. He wanted Chara to die just as much as I wanted her to die. The feelings we harbored were always mutual. I opened the door quickly, and didn't answer Papyrus' nagging.

"Heya Girlie." I grinned, looking at the miserable state of the human after two days in the shed. She was just laying there, on the floor, in a rag doll position, shivering violently. "Long time no see." I said, chuckling slightly at the sight of her hugging herself for warmth. The shed was not insulated, the temperature was still dropping. I held the door open. "Not even a hello?" I grinned, looking at her through the bones that I had placed in between Papyrus' original ones.

She looked over sleepily. She was pale and had bags under her eyes. "MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST LEAVE HER IN HERE? SHE LOOKS LIKE SHES SUFFERING GREATLY IN HERE." Papyrus said, tilting his head at the girl who was laying helplessly. "SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT. LOOK AT HER, GETTING WHAT SHE DESERVES." Papyrus laughed aloud. "PITIFUL COWARD." He spat.

I chuckled, grinning. "I'll take her outside." I said to Papyrus, "It'll be more fun watching her struggle for help out in the snow." I chuckled, watching her tired eyes grow wide in fear. She looked drowsy, like her malnutrition was finally catching up to her. "You're not too sick, are ya?" I chuckled. "You're getting what you deserve." I spat. "Scum." I narrowed my eyes.

She tried to speak, but only hoarse noises came from her dried throat. She coughed violently, holding her stomach tightly, and closing her eyes as tears brimmed them; with her other hand, she covered her mouth with a cupped formation. "...You're a monster...." She said hoarsely in between coughs.

"I'm the monster?" I laughed, walking up to the bones with amusement. "I'm the monster?" I repeated, chuckling. "You're one to talk, aren't you, Girlie?" I laughed, picking her up with blue magic suddenly, causing a small Yelp to come out of her mouth. How I loved it when they screamed in fear. I love to watch it in their eyes.

She said nothing, and only hung there. She didn't fight at all, or even spit my name. She tried to say she doesn't remember my name. Pitiful human, I wouldn't fall for her tricks again. "INTO THE SNOW WITH YOU." Said Papyrus, grinning as madly as I was. Her eyes were filled with fear as we neared the open door, and she just hung her head low, as if just waiting for the inevitable death I would bring her.

"To hell with you." I said, throwing her into the snow carelessly, making sure she didn't have enough strength to get back up. "This is what you deserve." I said, the purple magic filled my eye socket, burning brightly in the oncoming blizzard of Snowdin. "I hope you suffer." I spat to her, as her hair covered her eyes.

I threw two blue bones against her wrists, and she screamed helplessly as she tried to move them to get up, the blue magic keeping her in place and burning through. "Blue means stop, Girlie." I chuckled. "Good luck getting out of there." I grinned, throwing my hands in my jacket pockets calmly.

"SHE WONT LAST LONG." Papyrus grinned, as we both turned to walk away.