CHAPTER 50: MAD time

Time: Unknown
Location: Military Base in Waterfall
I am so confused.

"THERE!" A low voice called once I had stepped outside of the tent, following Sans in the best of my abilities. My head was dropped low to stare blankly at the scene at had appeared before me, and my head snapped up in the direction of the man's voice with a scared look on my face. "OVER THERE!" The man's voice, obviously a scout, called from the distance of the camp. His voice was much higher than Jackson's, much younger.

I stumbled over the bodies of the foot-soldiers that had succumbed to Sans' hand of fate. Large, red splotches covered their backs and torsos, and I could probably guess what had happened here was similar to the death of the other soldier that had been on top of me in the tent. The men were all consecutively collapsed in the same fashion— an ambush attack, one could call it. Sans grunted, inhaling slightly. "Shit!" Sans hissed, looking in the general direction of the calling and glaring slightly. "Come with me." He said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to the side, running towards the other end of the camp. "Quickly!"

He tugged on my good arm harshly, obviously not knowing that the other arm I had possessed was broken prior to the moment he had barged into the tent. Did I dare tell him now? My arm seered in pain, and I hissed at the tears brimming in my eyes once more for when he pulled onto my muscles. Sans didn't seem to notice, he was only fixated on looking for something— either that or finding an escape route. 

"GET 'EM!" Another Man called upon seeing us dart in the opposite direction of their warning calls. I didn't know what to think, except for the fact that my legs weren't carrying  me fast enough due to the fragility of my own bones. "THE GIRL IS GETTING AWAY WITH THE SUBJECT!" He called, making me cringe slightly at the fact that they were calling Sans a 'subject'. He was a creature too. He didn't deserve what they were planning to do to him.

"Frisk! Come on!" Sans yelled, tugging me harder with each pull. "We need to go faster! Do you want to be caught?!" He yelled, looking back at me with a large, purple glowing eye. Every time I seemed to stare straight into his eye of insanity, I didn't dare to think of the haunting memory of him grinning, as he towered above me ready to strike. However, it was no avail to think about it, because it was burned into my eyes as a permanent memory I couldn't forget. A hint of betrayal that will forever stay in the back of my mind, afraid the same thing will happen again.

The only responses that came out of my mouth were grunts and exerted sighs that came from the small amount of running I was forced to do. I couldn't breathe right— I couldn't see. Small black spots covered the corners of the concealed vision I had already had. Is this was it felt like to die of exhaustion? "W—..." I tired to tell Sans, but the word just came out as another sharp exhale as I stumbled over my own slow footing. "I can't—..." The words were right there at the front of my brain, ready to be said, by my voice and my mouth couldn't processes the fast messages from my neurons.

"The girl is in critical condition! She should slow the subject down!" The familiar voice of Colonel Jackson sounded through the echoing cave walls. My eyes widened at his loud, affirmative voice. I was going to be the reason why we didn't make it out of here. "With her fragility, it should be clear who has the advantage!" He barked towards the other foot-soldiers. "Take the advantage! It's obvious they're connected!" He said. I knew I couldn't lie forever.

"If you don't fight through it now, we're going to DIE here!" He said, as my legs gave out under me, causing me to collapse onto the ground. I was panting hard, and my skin had grown so pale since the start of this small adventure. Sans looked in the other direction and focused on the small rock that lied there on the soft soil. "Damn it!" He said after a few seconds of listening to the rock. I could only guess that Papyrus was talking to him. "No! I'm not!" He snapped, angry and hostile. "Stop!" He grabbed his skull as if he were in pain, and let out a grin of amusement.

"THEY'VE STOPPED!" A man called. They were quickly gaining on us now that we had stopped. I started to sweat, I couldn't move my legs. I could barely breathe. I was not in the condition to run a marathon against fit soldiers.

"Sans, just go!" I yelled to Sans. "Just leave me here! I can't keep up!" I said, catching my breath. "Just get out of here!" I screamed towards the ground, unable to look him in the skull as he was driven more and more mad from the pressure that he was put under. I couldn't guess as to what he was dealing with right now. All that I knew, is that despite what he said, and what he's done, he saved my life for some unknown reason to me.

"To hell with it all!!" He screamed, throwing his hands down by his sides in a rampage. His eye glowed brightly and his smile seemed like it stretched for miles plastered across his face permanently. "I'll just do this the old fashioned way." He smiled, looking excitedly at the soldiers who had quickly surrounded us with their sheer numbers.

Sans' eye seemed like it was encased in purple flames, with a red and cyan ring around the center, which I could only guess was his actual eye and not the powers he had possessed. It was almost captivating, as I lied on the ground, and nothing but my right arm held up the remains of my upper body. I was surprised that given my state, my arm didn't snap under the weight of my body like my other had. I was waiting for that inevitable fate.

Sans stood above me, as if protecting something of worth. He growled, glaring at the soldiers that surrounded us, analyzing the situation at his best ability. He chuckled, and cracked his skeletal knuckles, rolling his neck back and stretching out his shoulders with a sigh. "Do you all want to have a MAD TIME?!"