CHAPTER 27: Just Die!!

Location: Snowdin
Time: 8:17 A.M
It's not cold outside when I can watch her suffer in the cold. Her cries for help cause the adrenaline to rush through my body. I love it.

I sat and watched her try and struggle free from the bones that I had implanted into her wrists, staring at her as she tried to struggle free. It was captivating, watching her cries for any monster around, for anyone to save her. Her voice wasn't loud enough though in the blizzard storm, and her soft, hoarse voice wouldn't be able to carry to the afterlife for a morsel of life to save her. She was going to die here

I felt a tug on the power of the RESET once more, it tried to leave my firm grasp as her determination grew steadily whilst trapped on top of the snow. I didn't say a word, I only laughed as she cried out helplessly, trying to struggle free, but only to scream in pain one the blue magic burned through her hands once more.

A broken foot, two burned palms on both of her hands. Oh how she was suffering in this cruel world. I almost wanted to take her to Hotland and watch her burn in the pits of the core, however, that would allow her to live inside the depths of the unknown. Forgotten, and gone from the minds of everyone forever. I needed people to remember what she's done.

And I needed to remember the feeling of killing her slowly and painfully.

Five minutes passed of me sitting out there, and her struggles were becoming more and more slow. The frostbite was kicking in as she shook violently, and coughed sickly. Papyrus said nothing, just as captivated as I was in watching her sweet death. The average human can withstand five to ten minutes before they freeze to death from frostbite. The skin should be well over numb at this point, and she should be ravenous from not eating for a week.

"I CANT LOOK AWAY FROM THE SIGHT." Papyrus said rather quietly. "SHE YELLS AND SCREAMS FOR MERCY AS IF SHE HAS SHOWED THE SAME MERCY TO OTHERS BEFORE. SHE ACTS AS IF SHE DOES NOT DESERVE SUCH PUNISHMENT." Papyrus said. He was right, and her begging for my mercy just made me grind my teeth in frustration. I begged for her mercy over and over again, and still, she would strike me down, again and again. "ITS REFRESHING TO SEE HER SUFFER AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE." Papyrus took a deep inhale to smell the blizzard wind. Her feet had stopped moving.

Ten minutes had passed by, and her cries for help had been ceased. These minutes probably had felt like days to her, with the exposed skin under such a thin and frail sweater. It was like she didn't even know she would be passing by Snowdin. "She's still moving slightly." I mumbled to Papyrus as I looked at her head with boredom. She had stopped kicking and crying for help three minutes ago, and I thought she had finally died. But she was still here, moving.

I walked towards the front of her, where I saw her sad, tired eyes stare into my empty sockets. Her mouth moved, but nothing came out, and her lips were blue with frost creeping it's way up her mouth. Frostbite was inevitable. "She's still got a little bit of light left." I sighed, chuckling a bit at the sad sight of her. I didn't feel anything for Chara. It's what she deserved.

It was only a matter of time before she died for certain. She was hanging on a thin line between life and death. The will to live is everything here, and here was as strong as they came.

Another tug on the RESET button, and I held onto it harder, determined to keep it in my possession as she slipped away from life slowly. "You ain't getting it, Girlie." I bent down to meet her eye level, where her face was in the snow. "You can try all you want, but you're dying here. Today." I said, narrowing my eyes towards her.

Fifteen minutes went by, and her continued to groan and move her head slightly, showing signs that she was in-fact, not dead. I was getting impatient with these long minutes. The minutes now felt like hours, waiting for her death wasn't as exciting now that she had entered the gateway to death. She was giving up, but she was also determined to stay alive. The tugs on the determination centered RESET became for aggressive, the button threatening to fall out of my grasp. I would not let go. "SHE WILL DIE SOON. WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT." Papyrus said, all I did was nod slowly, going back to my original spot.

Twenty minutes now have gone by. She was outlived the usual human's death by ten minutes, which was completely miraculous by all standers, since she had been inside the cold shed for two days. It should have taken only about 5 minutes with her frail, thin state of nutrition. She wasn't giving up, and it was annoying. Where was all of this extra determination coming through? It was like it came in spikes as soon as she was about to die, she would gain another reason to live, and that would be the next five minutes, before she would almost slip away again. "BE PATIENT, SANS. HER TIME WILL COME." Papyrus said once more, but my patience was wearing thin. I only had so much.

Twenty-five minutes went by, and my patience snapped. I marched up to her freezing body and I barked in the dying girl's face, "Why DONT you just DIE already?!" I yelled over the blizzard that was roaring around us. I waved my arms up in the air, releasing the blue magic that was keeping her bound to the snowy ground. "Why?! What is keeping you alive?!" I screamed over the snow that flew past us in the sky. She didn't move for a moment, and for a second, I thought she had really died there. "Why don't you just... die?" I said, almost helplessly.

She slowly moved her numb arms, and she was shaking violently. She rocked back and fourth on her own weight, as if trying to stay conscious, her fear was building up inside her eyes as she spoke to me with determination. "If I die, then Chara gets exactly what she wants!!" She yelled back, her strength coming out at me, surprising me. "And I can't have that...."